EllyWriter

EllyWriter

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I love the knockout tourneys on Bovada. I made First place in the 1:15 am 15.00 KO took out 16 players for 120.00 and first paid 253.00 I have a great time in these.

Farseer

Farseer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Got nice victory from weekly 82$ NLO8 PSKO today :)

Otherwise I like PSKO and especially NLO8 PSKO very much, but they require far more attention than regular tournaments (you have to keep track of bounties, stack sizes and so on even more carefully than usual). So at least I can't play many tables without losing good amount of my edge.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i love knockout events cause need to take out 2-3 people and have a profit:) So for me that is ideal honestly

rogerdelpk

rogerdelpk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love knock out tournaments, i remember that the first time i played them were on PKR with tournaments poker.

P

polda

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
progressive KO trnys are the best...

V

vinest

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
knockout tourneys on your interestny, especially if they involve players of the team pokerstars, and their heads are getting a good reward, I always liked him. basically just playing in it understand it suits you or not. it all depends on you- Do you want to make money or throwing players need to get to the prize area (if you reach)))

coloradosc

coloradosc

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love playing knock outs . The good thing is that if you play well and end up having a bad beat or does something stupid later on , has won some money taking some people before, and can play more aggressive without having to defend the entrance. Sometimes playing very well for a long time in a tournament, and end up without nothing is disappointing.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play on PokerStars progressive super knockout , I love the fun begins after prizes. The essence of this tournament is to increase the reward for your head if you're someone knocked.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I tried them for a while and found double ups to be a better investment.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to play them on FTP but I have only found a $3.30 90 player one so far and it seems to be impossible to find 90 players.

Can't find any double ups on Full Tilt.

B

Beavmunk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind them, it's nice if you can get a couple early knockouts and get your buy in back before you even hit the money but you always have to keep in mind that the knockout is just a bonus and you shouldn't make a call you probably normally wouldn't just to win a little bit extra.

Tropwen

Tropwen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love them for home games, but usually find myself accumulating chips from pots before the river, so i don't find myself with enough KOs to make the smaller prize pool worth it but love the extra challenge :)

F

felting

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on your style. If your a small ball player that is adverse to getting it all in then knockouts aren't for you. If you like to get it all in preflop with premium hands you can often turn knockouts into a freeroll by level 3(meaning you've won back your buy in via knockouts). The bounties also give other players incentive to try for knockouts so realize as a short stack stealing with weak hands aren't a good idea.

bredstik

bredstik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like Knockout tourneys tend to favor more aggressive players, especially early on when players are trying to double up. They're definitely a nice benefit when you do successfully knock someone out, and keep you interested in the game the entire time, as you can potentially score some $ on any given hand.

W

wowasenotrusov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in such tournaments can quickly recoup their buy-in if you can beat somebody. but the prize fund will be less.

D

DANNYMAH

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,
The site I'm on does not offer Knock out tourneys. If a US site you play on offers them, please can you let me know.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well been playing 1 am or 11:00 pm ish acr knockout 2.00 first day took out four people and won money so was ahead second day took out only one person but doubled money by finish. is two 2 dollar events one is knockout other 200 guar going to play those regular:)

Need to take out 6 to win money over buy in so need to do better but good starts so far to me.

B

badalhoco345

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like knock-outs. The reason is that there are a lot of fish players. I mean, they don't want to win the tournament, they just want to defeat other players to win the bounty. In order to that some players bet and play with any marginal hand or even worst.

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
love donk shove fishes in These ko mtts.. cos they ll shove anything to win ur bounties..ahah.. welcome to my world

skiptomyloot

skiptomyloot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just gotta ask whats more worth it, chipping up or trying to chip up from knocking out and winning a bounty. I try to not focus on knocking out players but i focus more on chopping a stack. weak players will call more often and fold and refuse to get knock out but still so they fold after getting bullied. its like the idea of knowing someone is out to get you, which they are and you know it because they get rewarded to take you out, so i think it plays a mental game if your weak. as if no limit isnt enough stress, knockouts pushes you even a bit more to never stay comfortable

N

nygmen2007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a gamble and I am a fan of this style, becausethe value of picking on weaker players far outweighs the normal buy ins. You can make more money sometimes knocking people out then playing wlel for 4 hours to bubble.. I wish I had the money to play the higher ones, but as is I would play these whenever I can

martymart48

martymart48

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Pko and k.o mtt on PokerStars :D.

B

bright4515

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion I think 6 max knockouts are great as opponents are so aggressive. Definitely more aggressive than full ring.

exidas

exidas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's my favourite tournaments, becouse Im not os good and if I lose before mone positions I can still win cash :)

fiveohtwo502

fiveohtwo502

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that depends on the poker room. Most WPN tournaments have unlimited re entry where as Bovada does not. Either way, I say play it like a regular tournament and if you do well you will get knockouts along the way no matter what. You can always count on loose all in calls though. So sometimes I think thats in the back of my mind when trying to make a move.