Heads up help - anyone!

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nope. Disagree. Im raising the button 100% of the time, so I dont want a call >50% as my hands will be all over the place.

heads up is not about waiting for good hands. It's about playing the player, not the cards and being agressive.

3xing and raising 100% of buttons is wrong v virtually anyone.

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3xing is horribad...

2x-2.33 is more like it...

I will raise almost all buttons but usually drop one or two early to give image confusion if they are bottom 25%.

Metagame is big HU imho and a relatively unexplored aspect of HU poker..

N

Nooneinparticular

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so, 2xing is good, even though it gives pot odds for someone to call every time with any 2 cards.

Nice "statement" again Duggs. Must be awesome being you and a billionaire poker player.....

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
they arent going to effectively realise their equity OOP with atc tho are they, we want to be playing as many pots in position as possible and we want to be able to viably raise/fold. 3xing at shallow stacks and raising 100% of buttons makes us easy to exploit in that 3betting atc v us shows an instant profit.
defending atc from bb isnt profitable v minraises since position is so important.

also lol considering you called out OMG but whatev

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DING!

duggs;1982427[B said:
]they arent going to effectively realise their equity OOP with atc tho are they, we want to be playing as many pots in position as possible and we want to be able to viably raise/fold. 3[/B]xing at shallow stacks and raising 100% of buttons makes us easy to exploit in that 3betting atc v us shows an instant profit.
defending atc from bb isnt profitable v minraises since position is so important.

also lol considering you called out OMG but whatev