Have you ever had this feeling when playing poker tournaments?

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
When I first started to play, I adopted a strategy where I wouldn't invest in a hand, If they were inferior holdings, Keeping cards that were high quality like 10s and above hoping to hit the flop and win with them, This does have drawbacks in that you are limiting yourself to what type of hands you were playing.
After getting better at the game I started to widen my range to smaller connectors, suited or not and started to get better at the game and win more hands.
This gave me great opportunities to pick up more wins because players I was regularly playing against would often underestimate what I was playing, They were used to me always picking bigger cards before I entered a pot, and were shocked when I started to mix in a few 6/7 or 7/8s into the mix even the odd one gappers like 7/9 or 8/10.
Poker is an evolving game, and you have to evolve and improve your game play in order to keep up with it, I had a Friend who once told me that in business you have to keep up with improvements in the business you have, regardless of what that business is, because if you are standing still, you are actually moving backwards, because you are definitely not moving forwards.
A good player stands firm on what he believes to be true, A Great player studies the game and moves forwards, improving himself.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have checked your sharkscope profile on pokerstars, and everything about it indicate, that you are a losing player. And by this I dont mean, that you have been unlucky. I mean, that you are not beating the microstakes MTTs, which you have played most. This does not mean, you need to continue being a losing player, but in order to turn things around you need to make a number of changes:

1) Study and improve your game. Take the CC 30-day course. Or retake it, if you did so already. Find other free training videoes on Youtube or other places.

2) Take advantage of the fact, PokerStars still allow trackers and purchase PT4 or a similar program. Use this for reviewing hands after, you played them, and learn how to use the HUD to get better and more objective reads on opponents.

3) Share hands to the tournament hand analysis forum and get feedback from other players.

4) Change your game selection and implement bankroll management. Until now you have mainly been playing $1.1 - 3.3 MTTs with some freerolls and satellites throw into the mix. Of your last 8 games 1 was a SnG satellite, but the other 7 had fields of 429 to 1.605. The problem with this is, you almost never get to a final table, and it takes many 1.000s of games to overcome variance. Play a game like the $1 On Demand SnG or maybe the $1.1 PKO On Demand and continue doing so, until you have a track record as a winning player. Which mean being up at least 50 BIs or better 100 BIs. Start with an amount like $100 in the account and dont move up, until you have grown your bankroll. Also dont redeposit but move down further to $0,5 and $0,25 games, if you continue losing.