Calling / Pushing All-In with a Flush Draw?

punctual

punctual

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite flush draw situations is when there are many different kinds of draws on the board. For example, a two way straight draw and I have hte flush draw.....A straight is a great hand to get all your chips in with in many cases so having a flush draw when someone else hits their straight is a really nice situation to be in. I like putting all my chips in, in that situation especially when I am deepstacked.

In general, I will go all-in with a flush draw when the pot is very big compared to my stacksize or if I feel like I could bluff my opponents successfully...if I am successful in my bluff, they will fold, otherwise I still have the flush draw possibility to fall back on...

S

Swickster007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chasing flush draws will be the death of you in many poker tournaments. However, if you are low on chips and basically are going to be wiped out by blinds in a couple rounds anyways, might as well call. I generally fold to large bets when chasing a flush. It's nice to see the turn card for cheap.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on pot odds, our stack, and what % are we to hit...obviously you shouldn't be risking all your chips on a draw unless your very short stacked and the timing is right. Most times if its a big portion of your stack to call you should fold, if not you can get away with calling if you can afford to lose. Remember your flush draws are only hitting 1/3 times on the flop and 1/4 on the turn so its not likely. You need to be careful when calling off with just a draw.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm curious to hear what you guys think about calling or pushing all-in with a flush draw? Consider different environments, I'd love to hear your input.

How often do you call a strong bet with a flush draw? (Assuming you're beat unless hit.)
"It depends"
When you say 'consider different environments' ... I'm assuming you mean 'different situations/scenarios'. If so, you really need to post a number of different scenarios in order to get any kind of decent response.

Post a few & I will tell you what I believe may be optimal for each given example. (if you want the answers, you'll need to do the work with coming up with the questions)

... And I promise I won't just write 'bad' ... or 'good' ... or 'it depends' (lol)

Full Flush Poker