Not open for further replies.
dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At a full MTT at bovada when the blinds are 500/1000 there is also an ante of 100. M thus is about 14 (+/-), and you don't have the luxury of waiting all that long. These days almost everyone has figured out how to wait.

As described, I would have slow played that agro villain, calling everything he threw at me. It would then be possible, but not very probable, to get away from annihilation. Like a flushed SF flop in a suit other than ours.

In this case the chip leader with TT will never go away, NEVER! But we don't know that he has that PP. We do know we stand an excellent chance of doubling up. I wouldn't want to normally give everyone a chance to fold with a preflop shove.

When we get AA pre, and especially in the BB, we want to get all our chips in, and the real question is how we do that. EVERYBODY will be aware it is bubble time, and all will be as sharp as they have been the whole tourney. The exceptions to that are rare, and oddly probably more likely online than live.

As long as I have played, I have never intentionally folded AA pre. It has happened occasionally on quick pee breaks.

Since the outcome would have been the same here, if it were just iso'ed between that 1 villain and I, I would have played it as described above.

M

mariocep

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
push allin, hands down. both satellite and mtt. You have a chance to double in chips, considering the villain, only call if hyper-aggressive and push on the turn

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
same thing happened to me few days ago at 888,
it was bubble, heads up against chip leader and i had AA,
i raised, he went all in, i called,
he had 9 10o, and draw was 8 Q J, i dint watch for more
next time i will do it same, maybe its wrong....but...

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lifes too short to fold aces on the bubble. get a bit of excitement in your life!

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think most are missing the point here...

First of all, u r a big favorite - we know this. So from a poker statistics point of view, u would have to push.

But, you will or won't fold depending on the situation/ prize money.

If it is a tourney of the limit this guy is play, for me it is an all in 100% of the time.

However, if it was a big money game and the first line of cash was say $10,000, I would possibly fold

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am agreeing and thing preflop shove is in order here and hopeing acctually to double through.
Often I find people getting nervous or scared during bubble play and quite often pick up quite an ammount in blinds alone during this time.
the utg lag player has probably picked up on this from you as well,and figures he has got you 4/1 on chips,but you woke up withAA in BB. I would think anything but shove in this spot would be wrong.

G

gqr31ff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
best to call and look flop two aces is still not win

DaPirate

DaPirate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your not willing to shove AA at any point in a game or any position, how do you play the game? You can't get any better preflop hand and your considering a fold even on bubble? A shove pre is only move IMO to reduce number of callers. Your obviously better shape heads up than maybe 3-4 callers who might suck out on a flop.

C

CactusCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only way I'd ever contemplate folding is if I'm midstacked on the bubble and like three shorter stacks all went all in ahead of me and the chipleader calls and has them all covered.

If we examine the EV of the situation, AA is only approximately flipping to hold up and win against that many players. Ideally the chipleader busts everyone, but worst case one shortstack quintuples up and you guarantee yourself multiple pay jumps, either 2 or 3.

Even then, I'm still calling just because I'd be the monster chipleader if I hold. But if by folding I'd win a few thousand dollars, which would be a huge deal to me, I might do it, and just hope to see that someone would have cracked the Aces.

Status
Not open for further replies.