You can see Lev Yashin, the goalkeeper of my dreams

teteuc2

teteuc2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting topic. I know little films about football and I'm going to take a look at the tips they posted here.

A

andrzejaa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no such thing, all football movies sucked. Of course, I mean real football, because the name soccer also sucks. Why does the whole world speak football and only the US speaks soccer?

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, this is "goal!" (2005, USA)

A trilogy dedicated to Santiago Munez, the son of a gardener from Los Angeles, who dreams of becoming a professional football player. After all the misadventures, he succeeds – he becomes a player of "Newcastle", and in the next parts already and"real". The film was shot according to all Hollywood laws under the patronage of FIFA and is a classic example of a story about the American dream come true. In three parts of the film, many football stars starred-Raul, Beckham, Henri, Zidane, Ronaldo, Casillas. They played themselves, of course.

Nicolasd07

Nicolasd07

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey how are you? Look at the movie level Goal is the best movie, because it shows the career of a footballer the desire to reach the first debut and well everything that follows after that.
But a few months ago, I no longer remember when it was, a series "The English game" came out on Netflix And the truth is that football has its origins and the story is very good

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello mate, I have seen the movie shaolin soccer many times, it is very good, if you have not seen it, you have to see it.
gl

crazydogg666

crazydogg666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Siu Lam juk kau

Good comedy ⚽

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
for football action/story of a footballer, Goal. For the, ahem, other side of football, The Firm (the one from the 80s with Gary Oldman, not the remake)

R

Rolliman111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion you have to decide what do you expect from a movie, because actors cant be good Soccer Players, too. thats impossible. another fact, is that each Country have their own Soccer history, so everybbody have another Point of view.

as a german, my favourite is the german movie "Das wunder von Bern"; A movie About thhe 1st german world Championship title in switzerland 1954.
a 2nd one is the movie "Trautmann" over the german Goalkeeper Bernd Trautmann who was arrested in England in WW II, but he stayed there after the war. he became very famous because he ended a game with a broken neck.

P

Powell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Goal 1-2 but I'm sorry that Goal 3 movie didn't continued for actors team and story.

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Goal 1-2 but I'm sorry that Goal 3 movie didn't continued for actors team and story.
Goal 2 at times felt like watching a marketing video for Real Madrid. It at least continues to tell the story from the first film though. I haven't seen the 3rd one but by all accounts it makes the 2nd one look like a masterpiece

P

Powell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Goal 2 at times felt like watching a marketing video for Real Madrid. It at least continues to tell the story from the first film though. I haven't seen the 3rd one but by all accounts it makes the 2nd one look like a masterpiece
Yes,unfortunately The 3rd movie is joke and I was seen but I was two trying than I was watching the finished

dunc1189

dunc1189

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a movie but i'd the recommend the Netflix documentary called Sunderland 'Til I Die. Follows Sunderand in their first season back in the Championship after being relegated from the English Premier League in 2017.

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best football film is the Russian film "Lev Yashin"

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion you have to decide what do you expect from a movie, because actors cant be good Soccer Players, too. thats impossible. another fact, is that each Country have their own Soccer history, so everybbody have another Point of view.

as a german, my favourite is the german movie "Das wunder von Bern"; A movie About thhe 1st german world Championship title in switzerland 1954.
a 2nd one is the movie "Trautmann" over the german Goalkeeper Bernd Trautmann who was arrested in England in WW II, but he stayed there after the war. he became very famous because he ended a game with a broken neck.

It wasn't just a game. It was the FA Cup Final. Which, in England in the 1950s (in fact until the late 90s), had the glamour and prestige of the Champions League Final now. TLDR, he completed the biggest game of the season with a broken neck and was still on the winning side.
There was a recent English film about him called The Keeper but having previously read his semi-auto-biography, I found it disappointing

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a movie but i'd the recommend the Netflix documentary called Sunderland 'Til I Die. Follows Sunderand in their first season back in the Championship after being relegated from the English Premier League in 2017.
There was a BBC documentary about Sunderland 20 years earlier called Premier Passions which was also pretty good

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hooligans, Coach, Lev Yashin - great films about football, I advise you to watch!

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips

Russian film, comedy, going to a football team from homeless children

ajtrevor

ajtrevor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Green Street Hooligans is my favourite movie with soccer in it but it isn’t really a soccer movie. Goal is a great movie that revolves mostly around soccer.

dunc1189

dunc1189

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was a BBC documentary about Sunderland 20 years earlier called Premier Passions which was also pretty good

I'll try and track it down! Hopefully in the iplayer back catalogue :)

felipem29

felipem29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are not many options..

In the area of ​​movies dedicated to football I am not very varied, I only remember lately the so-called Goal, where it looks like it would be in Real life, like any boy who likes to play football, dreams of being a professional player and reaching Europe, where He goes through different situations that most successful players would live through.
I am currently watching the series on Netflix, Matchday Inside FC Barcelona:rolleyes::rolleyes: