Iron Man: Use it, it's free!!!

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has anyone else besides me cleared their mid year bonus points yet? I did wednesday and I somehow havent gotten paid my bonus yet, and its now friday...

It always takes a few days to receive the bonus once you clear it. Just be patient.

FatBasset

FatBasset

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made Silver Iron Man in July. I have freeroll option selected so I'll be playing the freeroll next week. I used my medals to buy a couple Step 1 tickets and it didn't seem to count against my rakeback as it would if I had bought the tickets with points.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made Silver Iron Man in July. I have freeroll option selected so I'll be playing the freeroll next week. I used my medals to buy a couple Step 1 tickets and it didn't seem to count against my rakeback as it would if I had bought the tickets with points.

That's because things bought with Iron Man medals don't count against rakeback. Unless you buy a cash bonus, that will count against rakeback.

JupeZ

JupeZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Iv never got even bronze! Once I started to grind 8 x nl2 for 12 hours a day to get bronze one month. I managed to get 50 points a day for like 10 days -> then I got ill and just couldn't play long sessions :( But maybe someday i'll get my iron man status!

Lilli3

Lilli3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you so much for making all of this information more user friendly. I've looked at that page on FT several times...out of curiosity, not out of recommendation from other players...and it was tricky enough to understand and I had so much other reading to do that I postponed looking at it more thoroughly until another time.

I like the suggestion that it facilitates goal setting. Both the learning opportunity from playing so many hands and the fact that there is actually monetary bonus potential. Nothing but pluses there.

Again, I really appreciate your explanations. Thanks, TPC.

keaton

keaton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Iv never got even bronze! Once I started to grind 8 x nl2 for 12 hours a day to get bronze one month. I managed to get 50 points a day for like 10 days -> then I got ill and just couldn't play long sessions :( But maybe someday i'll get my iron man status!

You can earn Iron Man easy playing Rush Poker. If you 4 table the .02/.05 NL, it takes less than 2 hours a day.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never purchased a bonus from Pokerstars. The Stellar rewards cost you 1fpp so that is nowhere near the same kind of a deal..

Stellar Rewards are not bonuses, they are rewards - the Stars bonuses which must be cleared to be unlocked are called VIP Bonuses :)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stellar Rewards are not bonuses, they are rewards - the Stars bonuses which must be cleared to be unlocked are called VIP Bonuses :)

Yes - I am well aware of how the Stellar Rewards works - PS makes it very clear. Was just saying those were what I was familiar with and that I have never purchased a VIP bonus from PS. But I bet if I did they would spell out the details on those clearly too - unlike FT. :)

Lilli3

Lilli3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can earn Iron Man easy playing Rush Poker. If you 4 table the .02/.05 NL, it takes less than 2 hours a day.

I didn't know you can have more than one seat at Rush poker. Thanks for that bit of info!

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes - I am well aware of how the Stellar Rewards works - PS makes it very clear. Was just saying those were what I was familiar with and that I have never purchased a VIP bonus from PS. But I bet if I did they would spell out the details on those clearly too - unlike FT. :)

If you go onto the Iron Man page it says "track your bonus here", it then explains it all there :)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you go onto the Iron Man page it says "track your bonus here", it then explains it all there :)

Yep - that showed up after mid-July. Months after I started the Iron Man and at least 2 weeks past the start of the period I could have been earning the bonus. Prior to that there was no information with details about the bonus on the Iron Man page or anywhere else that me or anyone here could find.

If you will look back you will see that is what prompted all of this conversation - the day they finally decided to let me know I had a bonus that needed to be earned.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a feeling you didn't see it till mid - July. I'm sure it was there the whole time, you just weren't looking for it. Mine has always been there. However, I'm looking for it.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a feeling you didn't see it till mid - July. I'm sure it was there the whole time, you just weren't looking for it. Mine has always been there. However, I'm looking for it.

Incorrect. I checked for it at least 2-3 times in July before I found it. The day I found it I couldn't remember the last time I had checked but my best guess about was 5-7 days. When I opening up my Iron Man it was the first thing I saw - it is easy to miss.

All of this is in my previous posts in this thread. :)

I still would have been upset that I had to re-earn the bonus - but not near as upset had I known about it prior to July 1st so I could have at least had the option to earn the entire bonus vs only half of it.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So have you cleared any of the bonus since you found it or did you say the hell with FT?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So have you cleared any of the bonus since you found it or did you say the hell with FT?

I cleared about $50 of it then said to hell with them lol. It still pisses me off.

I do like their daily double tournaments so I will keep playing those and some CC games but the majority of my play will be at PS going forward.

FatBasset

FatBasset

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played in my first Silver Iron Man Freeroll yesterday and finished 44th for a $60.00 prize. The tourney entry did reduce my Rakeback for this week so that does reduce the "free" part of the freeroll.

ripclawph

ripclawph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its very hard for a micro stakes player like me to reach even the bronze level... i almost done it once but i lost half of my BR when i was close to completing the bronze with 3 days left... I stopped:mad:! i would lose more if i continue and would only be qualified for the bronze freeroll which still needs to be played... i said to myself that i lost too much for me to gamgle the remaining for a bronze level.... some may think that is stupid, but i save a lot of money after i stopped.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
has the one point a day for july played yet I might have missed it.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, you missed it. It's usually on the second Sat. of every month, I think.

Last edited:
Lilli3

Lilli3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its very hard for a micro stakes player like me to reach even the bronze level... i almost done it once but i lost half of my BR when i was close to completing the bronze with 3 days left... I stopped:mad:! i would lose more if i continue and would only be qualified for the bronze freeroll which still needs to be played... i said to myself that i lost too much for me to gamgle the remaining for a bronze level.... some may think that is stupid, but i save a lot of money after i stopped.

Makes sense to me...a matter of diminishing returns. I've been there and it's a very frustrating situation.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There is a small distance between wisdom and foolishness. This seems like wisdom taking hold.

I have to say trying to claim a $5 bonus out on a site, I have lost $12. Now what good sense is that. And another $10 chasing low.

iamhukleberry

iamhukleberry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmm iron man sounds like a good deal i might try it when i get enough funds on tilt thx for info..

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most points i do in a day when play "a lot" is 35, so i don´t think can make it any time soon.

I try at least to make the 1a day freeroll challenge, but is actually harder than the ironman, is almost impossible for me to play everyday, it looks always have a weekend or a day that definitly can´t play and with that im done.

Last time i miss to enter in the day and when remember was like 11:30pm but the game ended after 12:00 so points do not count until next day:mad: (points should be count when they charge you the buyin not until you end of play)

I guess could enter in a fast HU, but at this point thinking that need to forget about this, not worth it.

Last edited:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did anyone ever get paid their Iron Man mid-year bonus? Mine stated it would be paid at the end of the earning period which was Aug 14th. It has not been paid yet. And I am really not surprised at all. :(

Iron Poker - Titan Poker Deutsch