How can we improve Bodog???

S

SPC420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have sent them all of your suggestions along with some of my own. I have been told that they are very pleased to hear all this feedback from their players and will do with best to incorporate into their program. You can still keep posting comments and suggestions and I will pass them along for the next week or so. After that, it's up to them to work with what we give them.

U

uncc40niners

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the most trouble out of bodog when I preselect either call fold or raise. Sometimes when I have maybe call 20 pre selected and someone move all in, it automatically calls the all in, why is this and why isnt it more consistent?

S

SPC420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the most trouble out of bodog when I preselect either call fold or raise. Sometimes when I have maybe call 20 pre selected and someone move all in, it automatically calls the all in, why is this and why isnt it more consistent?

You have to make sure that when you pre-select call that it says 20 and it is lit up. If you pre-select it and suddenly somebody moves all in at the same time you try to pre-select it may light up for that and call the all-in. This could be cause of the lag in bodogs software or maybe from your computer. To be safe, if you pre-select and somebody moves all-in uncheck the box and make your decision after it gets to you.

G

GoBilliards

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The old schedule was much better. 20K guarented every night at 7:30 PM central time. Always $44+4 or $50+5 this let the obsessive compulsives like myself have something to count on. I have no problem with the $150+12 and the $100+9 or even the $200+15 but give that a different time slot. By now you should know that the same 110 players will be in those tourneys anyway. before you changed to a mixed up buy in at 7:30 central, you had 300+ players in every event. A more uniformed schedule is much better to remember.

The software is horrible right now. Fix the bugs. I get blacked out 10 seconds before I time out. this happens every time u time out. There are tons of glitches like this. Fix them. If you would like me to go on I can.

That being said I must include that BODOG is my very favorite site. I have been playing more than 60 hours a week on there and have a proven track record. My ROI on all other site pales in comparison. So for those of you who like other sites better consider this.. Randomly select any of the top players on bodog. Look up their stats on bodog then compare the same guys stats on any other site. I dont care who you pick they will almost always have better numbers on Bodog. Now ask yourself.....How is that possible???? There are several losing players on FT and PS that make a living on BODOG. Dont take my word look it up.

S

SPC420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The old schedule was much better. 20K guarented every night at 7:30 PM central time. Always $44+4 or $50+5 this let the obsessive compulsives like myself have something to count on. I have no problem with the $150+12 and the $100+9 or even the $200+15 but give that a different time slot. By now you should know that the same 110 players will be in those tourneys anyway. before you changed to a mixed up buy in at 7:30 central, you had 300+ players in every event. A more uniformed schedule is much better to remember.

The software is horrible right now. Fix the bugs. I get blacked out 10 seconds before I time out. this happens every time u time out. There are tons of glitches like this. Fix them. If you would like me to go on I can.

That being said I must include that BODOG is my very favorite site. I have been playing more than 60 hours a week on there and have a proven track record. My ROI on all other site pales in comparison. So for those of you who like other sites better consider this.. Randomly select any of the top players on bodog. Look up their stats on bodog then compare the same guys stats on any other site. I dont care who you pick they will almost always have better numbers on Bodog. Now ask yourself.....How is that possible???? There are several losing players on FT and PokerStars that make a living on BODOG. Dont take my word look it up.

You seem to know alot more about the glitches and bugs than I am aware of. Write a simplified statement about them and post it or pass it along to them yourself.

G

GoBilliards

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) the last 5 to 10 seconds of EVERY timeout is spent with no options. The options disappear and all u see in black where the options once were

2) about 5% to 10% of the time when I click on fold the page in the background comes to the front. then I have to shrink the lobby page and click again on fold. This is not as common as #1 but equilly as annoying

3) the chat tends to like to send it own message. every once in a while it say CLICK HERE TO CHAT on the message board. That is a very small glitch in the chat box. Butit to annoying.

4) The preselect buttons need moved. many ppl compiian about the software calling them all in when they only intended to call the big blind. This is caused by the person clicking on "Call 30" at the same exact time as the person in front of them raises. Effectively what happens is the call 30 button changes to call all in at the same time it is being clicked on. If it were in an entirely different place it would aid in preventing this mistake from happening. I dont use the preselected buttons any more because of this but the site could fix it easily eventhough it is clearly the players own fault when it happens.

5) I think the 240 second disconnect protect have been added lately. This is met with mixed reviews due to the stalling of the game. I applaud this change because I have been discconnected at some brutal points in a tourney. However, the clock should stop durring this waiting period.

6) there is also a "BODOG is experiencing an error" message that pops up alot. This is not the same as the disconnect message. I would love to know the origin of this message. It cost me a tournament. I needed to call 1200 into a 100K+ pot and this message came up and wouldnt let me act. I would have won the pot and had a redic. chip lead with 4 players left. Instaed I autofolded and got 5th. Bodog gave me $25.00 which was half my buy in for the incon....LOL cost me $1500.00. UNEXCEPTABLE IN ANYONES EYES. still no explaination of the event. I played for 15 hours that day and the only error was in the 15 second between the bet and the call.......HHHHHMMMMMM?

Off the top of my head this is the best I can do.

ugotkicked

ugotkicked

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Bodog should allow more then lobbies open at a time.
Also 2-3 times a day there should a .10 tounery with or w/out
rebuys. I just something to do on Bodog when my bankroll falls
below .11

S

SPC420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) the last 5 to 10 seconds of EVERY timeout is spent with no options. The options disappear and all u see in black where the options once were

2) about 5% to 10% of the time when I click on fold the page in the background comes to the front. then I have to shrink the lobby page and click again on fold. This is not as common as #1 but equilly as annoying

3) the chat tends to like to send it own message. every once in a while it say CLICK HERE TO CHAT on the message board. That is a very small glitch in the chat box. Butit to annoying.

4) The preselect buttons need moved. many ppl compiian about the software calling them all in when they only intended to call the big blind. This is caused by the person clicking on "Call 30" at the same exact time as the person in front of them raises. Effectively what happens is the call 30 button changes to call all in at the same time it is being clicked on. If it were in an entirely different place it would aid in preventing this mistake from happening. I dont use the preselected buttons any more because of this but the site could fix it easily eventhough it is clearly the players own fault when it happens.

5) I think the 240 second disconnect protect have been added lately. This is met with mixed reviews due to the stalling of the game. I applaud this change because I have been discconnected at some brutal points in a tourney. However, the clock should stop durring this waiting period.

6) there is also a "BODOG is experiencing an error" message that pops up alot. This is not the same as the disconnect message. I would love to know the origin of this message. It cost me a tournament. I needed to call 1200 into a 100K+ pot and this message came up and wouldnt let me act. I would have won the pot and had a redic. chip lead with 4 players left. Instaed I autofolded and got 5th. Bodog gave me $25.00 which was half my buy in for the incon....LOL cost me $1500.00. UNEXCEPTABLE IN ANYONES EYES. still no explaination of the event. I played for 15 hours that day and the only error was in the 15 second between the bet and the call.......HHHHHMMMMMM?

Thanks bro... I passed this along to them so they are aware of it. The "BODOG is experiencing an error" message is due to their recent updates I believe and is happening way more than it should. It has also caused me to lose huge pots and is very annoying. Thanks for the info and I am passing it along now to the appropriate team.

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there is a third party application, on the pokertracker website, that makes Bodog compatible.

It's true that PT is a third party application. However, the reason PT isn't compatible has to do with the way BD formats and saves it's hand histories. All other sites put them in a text file type format, making it easy for PT write code to collect and process them, even though they are not all exactly the same. It's having a format dramatically different from the way every other sites does their hand histories that makes BD PT incompatible.

S

SPC420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All comments, suggestions, and feedback from this thread has been forwarded to Bodogs beta team. Thank you guys very much for all your help and I'm sure you will see the changes in their new software.

BillyTheBull

BillyTheBull

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there is a third party application, on the pokertracker website, that makes Bodog compatible.
Yes, there is a third-party App called "HandGrabber" that works in conjunction with PT2; unfortunately, it comes at an extra cost and creates an additional burden on the computer's resources, which makes it a no-go, imo. Btw, PT3 does not support Bodog at all, and there are no plans to add support anytime soon.

...the reason Poker Tracker isn't compatible has to do with the way BD formats and saves it's hand histories. All other sites put them in a text file type format, making it easy for Poker Tracker write code to collect and process them, even though they are not all exactly the same. It's having a format dramatically different from the way every other sites does their hand histories that makes BD Poker Tracker incompatible.
Actually, Bodog doesn't save any kind of local copy of its HHs, but rather keeps them on its servers (at least for a certain amount of time), which is why HandGrabber is needed to create a local HH file that can then be imported into PT2. And while AG is correct in saying that many poker sites save HHs locally in a simple text file, that still doesn't always mean that PT2 or PT3 will support them (i.e.: Cake Poker).

Overall, I think the HHs on Bodog are extremely clumsy to read and get to, and if I haven't already mentioned it in this thread earlier, they should be one of the first priorities in terms of improving the site, imo.

kaiWalk

kaiWalk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If a player get transferred to a new table at precisely the moment the new deal is starting, they are dealt in but their chip stack shows zero.

The result is that any call or raise shows all-in & the software makes the all-in sound, but the next round of betting comes up & they bet again. Meaning you have no idea what their stack is.

I've seen this 5-6 times & I was "that guy" a few days ago. After I took the other guy out his comment was "b.s. the only reason I called is because it said you were all in!"

Also, sometimes players will appear at the table with no name at all. They need to fix that.

G

glworden

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's true that Poker Tracker is a third party application. However, the reason PT isn't compatible has to do with the way BD formats and saves it's hand histories. All other sites put them in a text file type format, making it easy for PT write code to collect and process them, even though they are not all exactly the same. It's having a format dramatically different from the way every other sites does their hand histories that makes BD PT incompatible.

PokerTracker version 2 works with Bodog ring games with this Bodog hand-grabber add-on:
Welcome to the home of IdleMiner! | Poker Hand History Data Miner for Party, Absolute, Full Tilt, OnGame, Bodog and Pacific!

It doesn't look like v3 works.

N

nottocer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BO DOG!!!!!!!

I think they have more than just those issues to work out. They have $500 freerolls every single day. That amount alone should produce thousands of players playing on the site over the years. Yet there is hardly no one there. If it smells fishy---it might be fishy. :eek:

bdean1

bdean1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i know even when u send them suggestions or tell them how the software is lagging and you keep getting that "temporaly experiencing tech problems" when u send them a email they will just write you back telling you that its your computer which is bs cuz i know its not but i eventually called and talked to tech support and it is now running 100% better

bdean1

bdean1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

the problem with the error message popping up is horrible it has cost me to lose a few hands that i know i wouldve won str8s and trips its ridicolous but as i said after a couple emails and a phone call it seems that my bodog is running a hell of a lot better every once and a while i still get the pop up

G

GoBilliards

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
several months later the error message strikes again. Also the lobby page still comes to the front when i click on the fold buton.

jimboliah

jimboliah

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have had the same problem with the fold button as well as the call button, although it has not cost me any money. My biggest problem is with disconnects. I get a disconnect notice and I am still connected to other rooms, so I know it must be their server.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think they have more than just those issues to work out. They have $500 freerolls every single day. That amount alone should produce thousands of players playing on the site over the years. Yet there is hardly no one there. If it smells fishy---it might be fishy. :eek:
I like fishy poker sites! :albertein

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The look of the site makes me wanna puke. The action is pretty weak and their more for show and "Hollywood" then any other site.

I'll stick to PS and FT.

G

GoBilliards

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
also, Please explain why in a tournament(Esp a guarenteed one) do the tables go down to fewest possible tables per the amount of players in the tourney so fast. for instance. A 5k $30+3 with 98 players signed up when it starts. They play 1 hand then go down to 11 tables. 10 tables of 9 and 1 table of 8. At this point only 1 more player can enter. Why not stay at 8 man tables till the first blind level is over. This is good for bodog and good for the players. the way they do it now limits players and maximizes overlays. In this case with 99 players it makes a tourney that would have paid 18 places for 100+ player only pay 9

BillyTheBull

BillyTheBull

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the way they do it now limits players and maximizes overlays.
What??!?? :eek: Let me get this straight: You're actually complaining about overlays? You MUST be joking (at least I hope so). . . . I don't play too much at Bodog anymore, but I used to play a lot of tourneys there, and it always was (and I guess still is) offering some of the best tournament values around, precisely because the overlays actually hold up and they don't have ridiculously-long "late reg" periods like some other sites that effectively kill the initial overlay 95% of the time (i.e. Cake).

Bodog Poker - Bodog PT - Bodog ES - Bovada