Chips
how does farber not snap call there such a fish lol

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate all the noise, I don't mind all the cheering in all in situations or after a hand plays out but during play I think it's just disrespectful and annoying

H

HooDooKoo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate all the noise, I don't mind all the cheering in all in situations or after a hand plays out but during play I think it's just disrespectful and annoying

I could not agree more. If I'm ever fortunate enough to final table at any wsop event, my rail will have strict instructions not to cheer at all.

-HooDooKoo

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Farber is the chip leader.....gotta be exciting to be on top of all those pros at the biggest poker table in the world. If I was in that seat I would be shaking like a dog ****ting a peach pit.

C

Cokatoo56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
day 2 and day 1 will be one day

C

Cokatoo56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Farber is the chip leader.....gotta be exciting to be on top of all those pros at the biggest poker table in the world. If I was in that seat I would be shaking like a dog ****ting a peach pit.

you must literally hear your heart beating every hand you play, like it's about to get off your chest

MadMaddie

MadMaddie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is sure exciting! It is my first time watching the World Series. I can not think what it would be like for these guys. I get nervous when it is on the money bubble in a Cardschat freeroll and I could never be able to handle this sorta pressure. It has been an amazing game!
I just upgraded my cable this week and I am able to see it on tv right now. I am even skipping watching TheVoice tonight for this roflmao

Leo 50

Leo 50

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really loving the coverage, well done

Leo 50

Leo 50

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also I like Antonio's commentary

Robbie Strazynski

Robbie Strazynski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can already imagine that your essay is the same old " Rec player wins poker blows up etc moneymaker v2 etc.. " ...

I tend to disagree with that. I think that, without the US, poker will not see such a boom.

I believe that a foreign player winning the main event would be more of a mini " boom " then some random american rec player winning as of right now.

I may be wrong though but I just don't believe the hype because there was a lot more of a story about Moneymaker's entry into the tournament. (winning a satty etc...)

Anyways stoked to follow the action tonight.

Well, of course everyone's entitled to their opinion and I respect yours, but perhaps instead of jumping the gun and "already imagining" what my essay was about and what I probably said, you should've read it and then commented.

It just so happens that my reason has nothing to do with the fact he's American and nothing to do whatsoever with any sort of fallout as to whether poker will boom or not as a result of him potentially winning.

In short, you would've seen that my reason for rooting for Jay Farber was not at all what you opined about. I do think you'll actually agree and respect my point of view as to why all of us recreational players here at CardsChat should have Jay's back.

And Dakota - thanks for reading and for your supportive feedback :)

Jay's currently in 2nd place.... LET'S GO JAY!!!

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jays opened up a hell of a lot big moment with the 5bet vs Tran

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow huge moment to mistakenly raise when you mean to call.

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Just caught the last half hour, really enjoyed it, just a bit gutted that HU isnt on till 2am UK time tonight.

Robbie Strazynski

Robbie Strazynski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Another reason to root for Farber: if he wins and reignites another surge of interest in poker like Moneymaker did, this may very well cause enough momentum to get OLP legalized nationwide.

UnNa7uRal

UnNa7uRal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone can give a good summary to day 1 ?? I would be really glad! Thanx!

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WSOP HU winner

Well guys.... Who's gonna take it down tonight. My money is on Reiss. Other thoughts?

lovemiscou

lovemiscou

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
damn i forgot about the main event last night. Does any one know about a
site where i could watch the FT. I tried looking on wsop site but didnt see anything also checked ESPN site with no luck.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I couldn't hang in much past McLauglins demise.

Thanks for that easy update link lulu.

IMHO, the blind structure at the FT needs changing, like instead of relatively small incremental increases in the blinds, they should change to a much faster structure.

5 hours of 6 handed play is absurd. It mirrors nothing that most players will find anywhere else in the world.

Personally from a TV viewers POV, I did not like the loud rail, since I watched it alone, and had to be concerned with Mrs DJ and her hearing issues (she can complain about the TV accross the street!:eek: ) I had to keep the volume almost too low for me to hear. However, I can see the value of a loud active rail for the players. That rail often looked to be a catalyst to wake up the players.

Pretty sure Loosli was nodding most of that 6 handed marathon.

I would also prefer seeing the cards in play during the hand rather than after the hand. There was a (I thought I heard Lon say 15 minute) delay and that should have been enough to protect the action during any particular hand.

However, these are just my petty dislikes of what is obviously a huge event which I watched till my brain couldn't process anything else for the night.

Bowman26

Bowman26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
damn i forgot about the main event last night. Does any one know about a
site where i could watch the FT. I tried looking on wsop site but didnt see anything also checked ESPN site with no luck.

I think you can watch it if you can get WATCH ESPN online. They had the replay available for viewing early. Better start now if you want to see it all before tonight starts it is that long. I think you have to be a paid cable subscriber that has ESPN on your cable TV to get it online.

WSOP Organize a Home Poker Game