FTP Players to be Paid Based on BF Account Balances. Claims to Begin September 16th

Randall McMurphy

Randall McMurphy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see how. Those people were merely saved from being scammed by DOJ and becoming victims themselves.

The rest of the world got their money a long time ago.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So glad they are doing it that way. I would have been okay I think but joe would have lost all of his if it was based on deposits.

Same here as Joe. I had never deposited but still had just over 2 grand so I would've been posed

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am also glad they're doing it based on balances at the time it shut down. I've never deposited on any site, so I would have lost everything if it was based on deposits.

I don't think refunding based on deposits made any sense anyway.

curtinsea

curtinsea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From what I've read, we should be getting the next bit of news by the end of the week. Hopefully it will be some kind of timeline at least, not just an announcement that 'the next phase' has begun.

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot of players deposited money and lost it fair and square. I can't see any reason for them to be compensated.

curtinsea

curtinsea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From fulltiltpokerclaims.com . . . .

Important Update About the Start of the Claims Process
Starting on September 16, 2013, GCG will email a Notice with instructions on how to submit a Petition for Remission online to all potentially eligible claimants identified by GCG utilizing data supplied by Full Tilt Poker (“FTP”). The deadline to submit a Petition for Remission is November 15, 2013. Instructions concerning the filing of Petitions will be included in the Notice and will be posted on this website. Please continue to check this website for updates. Please note that the registration process for email notification is no longer available.

GCG, working with the Asset Forfeiture Unit of the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York and the Asset Forfeiture and Money Laundering Section of the United States Department of Justice, has completed the review of data provided by FTP. It has been determined that the calculation formula to be used for the Petition for Remission process will be based on players’ final balances with FTP as of April 15, 2011 (the “FTP Account Balances”). Account balances from online poker sites other than FTP are not included in this remission process. Petitioners must also meet all other requirements outlined in 28 C.F.R. § 9.8 to be considered eligible for remission.

If you do not receive an email notice and you believe you are eligible to participate in the remission process, you may file a claim online using the directions that will be provided on this website.

If the forfeited funds available for distribution equal or exceed the aggregate FTP Account Balances for all eligible Petitioners, each eligible Petitioner with an approved claim will receive the entirety of his or her FTP Account Balance. If the aggregate FTP Account Balances for all eligible Petitioners exceed the funds available for distribution, payments shall be made to eligible Petitioners on a pro rata basis.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^ This needs to be edited into the OP.
Edit: Gov says hold your dick guys for 2.5 years. An we will give you less than 2 months to get your shit together.

L

lilnewtdog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Will believe it when its in my hand.:rolleyes:

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has taken them so long already. It's good news but I'm not getting my hopes up.

cardriverx

cardriverx

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the forfeited funds available for distribution equal or exceed the aggregate FTP Account Balances for all eligible Petitioners, each eligible Petitioner with an approved claim will receive the entirety of his or her FTP Account Balance. If the aggregate FTP Account Balances for all eligible Petitioners exceed the funds available for distribution, payments shall be made to eligible Petitioners on a pro rata basis.

don't understand this. pokerstars gave DOJ full amt of player balances, right? I will be angry if we do not get full repayment.

curtinsea

curtinsea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pokerstars gave the DoJ a round figure, could only be at best an educated guess or approximation. The GCG is going to get a fee that comes out of that figure. Not everyone who is owed money will make a claim . . . some will not think the hassle is worth it, some will hope to avoid being hit with back taxes, etc.

All claims will be tallied at the end of the 60 day period, and whatever that amount is remaining in the fund will be distributed accordingly.

If the total of all claims is say, $150m and the remaining funds available are $138m, then everyone will get 92% of their balance returned. And if the total of all claims is say, $125m and the remaining funds available are $138m, then everyone will get 100% of their balances, and the DoJ will keep the rest.

T

themosthigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's wild they are only giving people 2 months to claim their money.

RustyChips

RustyChips

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
DOJ should of just let Pokerstars handle the FTP payouts when Pokerstars bought them out. Instead we're here Weeks, Months, a Year later ( how long has it been I've lost track), waiting for something. I hope this is the something. I didn't have any good amount on FTP, most of my play was on PS. I feel sorry for all the players that had thousands on there. Fingers crossed.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
don't understand this. Pokerstars gave DOJ full amt of player balances, right? I will be angry if we do not get full repayment.
Yeah it makes no sense since Stars actually gave the DoJ like $550 million. If it's less than full balance the government is cheating you out of $$s.

J

JaguarJT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thankfully didn't have money on there at the time of Black Friday, but this is awesome to see that there is being initiative taken for the people who have been affected by this.

L

lilnewtdog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pokerstars gave the DoJ a round figure, could only be at best an educated guess or approximation. The GCG is going to get a fee that comes out of that figure. Not everyone who is owed money will make a claim . . . some will not think the hassle is worth it, some will hope to avoid being hit with back taxes, etc.

All claims will be tallied at the end of the 60 day period, and whatever that amount is remaining in the fund will be distributed accordingly.

If the total of all claims is say, $150m and the remaining funds available are $138m, then everyone will get 92% of their balance returned. And if the total of all claims is say, $125m and the remaining funds available are $138m, then everyone will get 100% of their balances, and the DoJ will keep the rest.
If that's the case then we should be able to claim those losses on our taxes. You all know we'll have to claim the earnings.:rolleyes: Especially if we give money to the Republican party, :embarasse
I didn't say that.

B

Blue_Fossil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Appreciate the updates. For me, it's only about $300, but it will be nice to have the money back and the issue settled.

Looking back at this...how incredibly incompetent/crooked were the the idiots at the original FTP? This was more screwed up than the DMV.

curtinsea

curtinsea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If that's the case then we should be able to claim those losses on our taxes. You all know we'll have to claim the earnings.:rolleyes: Especially if we give money to the Republican party, :embarasse
I didn't say that.

what 'should' be the case is seldom what is the case. Unless you are filing as a professional, you don't get to 'net' your wins and losses. You pay taxes on wins, period.

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
what 'should' be the case is seldom what is the case. Unless you are filing as a professional, you don't get to 'net' your wins and losses. You pay taxes on wins, period.

This is semi-true. You are able to deduct your losses, as long as they don't exceed your winnings, if you itemize. You can do this with any gambling income/loss even if you're not a pro.

Of course, if it doesn't make sense to itemize then you're just going to have to suck it up.

Edit: I am not a tax professional, your situation may be different, consult with someone who is knowledgeable about all laws in your jurisdictions, yada yada yada

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Congratulations guys, brilliant outcome for you.Next step hopefully, legalised gambling on all sites...

L

lilnewtdog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry yo, but it is the law to pay your taxes on any gambling income. Not saying you have to or anything just saying. I thought it was something most people have researched and would think it was funny.
We are getting our money from the DOJ wouldn't you think you have to claim that. I don't know 100% but seem ideological, or logical.:)

cardriverx

cardriverx

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This was posted on Cardschat's FB page. It's good stuff, finally found my exact acct balance.

To get your full tilt poker balance, you'll have to download your account history. I just downloaded mine. Here's how to do it:

• Go to fulltiltpoker.com and download the client.
• Open the client and log in. Your old login credentials should still work.
• Go to "Requests" in the menu bar and select "Account History...(Web)." A web page will open, where you can create a request for your history.
• Select the date range for your request. I chose an end date a couple of weeks after Black Friday (choose something like 5/1/2011) and a start date a few months prior. Once done, click "submit."
• You'll receive an email when the file is ready for download. Mine took just a few minutes.
• Click the link in the email, download the ZIP file from the web page that opens, and simply open the Excel-compatible spreadsheet.

• For your FTP point balance, open the cashier in the client. While our cash balances are not there, our point balances are.

P

puppy feet

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, thanks for the info. I just did the history request and found out I have almost 1200 dollars on Full Tilt. I had no idea I had that much. I did an email search and found out I transferred 600 dollars from Doyles Room when it closed down to Full Tilt. So glad I joined this forum as I might have never known I had this much cash there. I'm not too much into money or material things. I play poker because it is fun and I'm not a gambler and I hate to lose, so it is an outlet for my brain. Thanks for the info again, I now have a bankroll if this actually gets distributed to me. I'm not holding my breath though.

G

gatewatcher

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure glad there is a bit of light at the end of the tunnel , wishing all the best on getting any money back , If mine is returned I'll donate it to CC for a freeroll or a money added tourney :)
gate

J

jsh169

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't remember what their called FPPS, are those going to be able to get converted into cash?