TV/Music While playing online

Pudiel

Pudiel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes i like to listen to some musics, sometimes i watch some videos, the music depends on my vibe, i like to listen to some chill music or raps that I can sing along, i think that the music help me a lot!

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play poker and watch youtube, I'm not running good of course!

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
Nope, I cant play while the TV is on. Silence is the key :D

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Tv and other distractions play no role on my bad beat scenes.
When I really want to get ITM, I may listen to some classic jazz or classic acoustic blues, but to keep me out of the boring, I use my deck of cards or my chinese baoding iron balls. :)

V

vlk2k

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not understand how you can play with the TV on. By the way, I don’t have it at all :). And if some difficult hand comes? Better in silence.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watch any interesting movie on TV while playing freerolls. When I play in responsible tournaments, I’m just busy playing.

H

hedonist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have definitely noticed I play much better without the TV on. I also have severe A.D.H.D.

But, more interestingly enough, I noticed that I couldn't even remember what I had watched at all. So, it's a complete waste of time, in every way.

kolyasik77777

kolyasik77777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Listen to music, get along in social networks, watch videos on YouTube. But it's not always a good thing! Recently did not notice how to sit out is gone, and recovered when thrown aces.

plastilin898

plastilin898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I listen to music constantly) when I play and even when I not play) TV at all not'm

M

misiomick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like listening to music and reading some stuff online while playing poker. Once I was in the tourney watching the movie in the cinema, it did not go well coz it was hard to focus on either... Sometimes I try watching some movie while playing but in general this does not work well for me, I always feel like I missing some important details. Watching something on youtube works better in this respect, no need to focus that much there ;-)

M

mikeyg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i find its always good to have a bit music while playing,I also enjoy twich streams,but if its taking your concentration away from your play its probably not the best idea,you turn to see who scored the goal and by the time you turn back to the computer your sitting out and your AA on the button has been folded.....

Crazyrider22

Crazyrider22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many people watch tv/listen to music while playing.

I recently purchased a laptop with a larger screen so I occassionally have netflix on the side while playing a couple of tournaments. I have found it helpful while overcoming the slow boring early stages of some tournaments. It kind of prevents me from playing too loose early.

What do people watch while playing if anything?

I never watch TV when I play online...music however, all the time! :)

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The theory says that it's best to play concentrated and not watch anything but the early phase of the tournaments are boring and do not take unnecessary spaz, it's good to take care of something on the side :D. I read poker news or browse FB.

M

muazkkh1996

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i listen to soft music while in tourneys

A

akufto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes you turn on TV, but during the game you realize that TV distracts you and prevents you from concentrating

Cody5991

Cody5991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watch tv or play music just depends on what’s going on but don’t really have anything particular but a lot of times I watch sports and music can be just about anything

A

Alex Mayboroda

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
during the game it is better to listen to classical music)

D

Das4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to watch TV but its distract to much so now I just listen music most of the time.

C

Complx_Poker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I listen to music, but don't tend to watch things. Sometimes I will watch the pro's playing as it sometimes helps with their decisions. I think once I was watching something on youtube and Phil Ivey had the same hand I had, he folded a 3 way pot, with the same flop, so i folded as well, and if i hadn't folded i woulda bust out the tournament. hella weird coincidence kinda saved me xD.

I listen to liquid drum and bass when playing anyways. Try a bit of Netsky, im sure you'll love it :)

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I need my vibes, If i listen music or tv while playing poker. without, I'm depress if I loss, what is the deal? I wasting away for 2 hours! lol :(

Sharpie88PL

Sharpie88PL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Form me online poker is completely different from live poker. I read people very well and is a big factor in my live poker. The more somone gets me fooled the the more I want to study this person. Body language is a non verbal way of communication, different people react differently to any given stressful situation. Online you don't get any of that. So it feels more like a job for me to force myself to pay attention and get the feel of what kind of mental state everyone is at the table. All that based usualy on a time of response.
When i watch a movie and play I quickly get more interested on what's going on in a movie then what's going on at the table. Music gets me in the flow state quickly, online and live. When i put headphones on, nothingness arives and I just analyse everything I see. Body and mind work better like this. Down side of this? I can't do this for more then couple of hours. Sometimes I put something on a tv with no sound, just so I see something moving at all times. Usually a movie I have already seen. We humans are very visually oriented animals use it to your advantage.

D

directlyworded

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually like to listen to music and browse the web. I have this weird habit of going through my music library and deleting the songs I don't like, so I typically do that.

Dlew123

Dlew123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music going on youtube music streaming platform yeah have to have some tunes

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the TV turned on with a poker highlight or tournament.. I watch poker while I play poker