To multi table or not to multi table?

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3-4 tables is ideal for me. If we are talking full handed then I can do a few more. It is true your ROI goes down slightly, but you have the advantage of cashing a lot more times hour or day or whatever. Unless it is a large, long tournament, one table is much much too slow for me and I get bored and distracted, especially at a full table. It is also less stressful I can detach myself from a decision as I know if I bust I have other games going. If I'm playing only one this may affect my decsions because I know I will have to start all over if I bust.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
2 tables is maximum for me. And only by full handed tables and no turbo tourneys.

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I play on cash, then I usually play on several tables. If I just want to relax, I can just play one tournament.

D

daurensdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general, I can't play many tables, even 3 tables are not comfortable for me, I get lost, I make quick decisions, so I play a maximum of 2 tables

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I used to have the same dilemma at first and was contradicting myself, trying to figure out what's more profitable and how my emotions work under certain pressure.

Best thing that works for me is to play how I feel at that moment. If I open up two tables and I feel I'm not doing well, I close one or both and I do something else. If I feel pumped and have a lot of energy, I open up everything and figure out what to do as I go along. Sometimes an important tournament is enough and I close everything else. Sometimes 6 multi-tournaments make me feel more relaxed. Same with cash. Sometimes 1-2 tables are enough and the third feels overwhelming. Sometimes I need more to keep focused and not get bored and emotional and I open 6-8 tables.

Only things that bother me now is playing cash and tournament tables at the same time as my strategies differ and I gotta take more time to think.

I also struggle playing 2-3 completely different games at the same time as in PLO8, 2-7 Draw and Stud. I get a headache after 2-3 hours of doing this because with each hand I have to take more time to figure out how to proceed in each of them.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
15 years ago i would play 11 tables at a time. Now my max is 2 tabling

Mamkin_Pokerist

Mamkin_Pokerist

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I see more sense in playing at multiple tables if you want to have more profit. It's certainly not easy. It is necessary to gradually increase the number of tables, gaining experience. Well, if you like to dive into the game, then live poker is more suitable here

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Playing multiple tables is hard work, especially if playing on a tablet or laptop, and probably near impossible if playing on a phone, Personally I gave it a go many years ago, but found I didn't get any pleasure from playing the game, there is too much going on and juggling tables was too frantic.
I stick now to one table, so that I can relax and enjoy a poker game, one game at a time, winning or losing is not that important if at the end you can say you enjoyed playing, and are happy to go out when you do.
For me making the money is fun, even if I am just about breaking even, making the final table is a great result which I am more than happy with, and finishing in top place is absolutely fantastic, So even losing I can accept defeat with a smile on my face if I played well.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Playing multi tables has it advantages is making variance seems less nutty but it does come at a cost. When I just play one table I find I play so much better than I do and find the results much better this way. I could play more table but do tend to play a smaller amount that many players do.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you are not a grinder then 3-4 tables are ideal, if this is a lot for you then go to 2

J

Justashot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I probably in the minority here, but I prefer one table at a time. Hope that isn't so crazy.

M

mamapokera1997

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
And a maximum of 2 tables, so as not to get confused

T

Tiltmode1987

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are playing a big tournament i wouldn't play too many tables. But personally i dont do too well when i play more than 3 cash tables at the same time

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For multi-table, of course, tournaments are much more rewarding than other types, so I always prefer multi-table.

B

budweiser74777

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all the same, I like to play more when there are a lot of tables

T

TokeVerdijk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not sure, it is necessary to do here. Anyway, everything works in such a way, as for me.

W

WJMKAM

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also tend to do better playing 1 table. I need a bigger screen to do 2. I need to keep reminding myself to fold.

Every hand is a winner. Some just a lot less often.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try multi-table from time to time and always go back to playing one or two tables.

It seems to me to just be searching the tables to keep up with the game.

If I was a pro trying to maximize my profit< it might be different.
For noe multitable gets me out of my comfort zone and I just leave it alone.

J

jason2626

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bigjay wants to know

I say not to multi table for me my game goes way downyoucant pay attention to others tendency and I think that's a big part of the game

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think multitable is the best way to win money playing poker,because if you play about 6-12 tables 3 hours a dday,and you are patient enough with a solid bankroll,you should be earning some money.

M

mouTAT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One table is boring that u can open hands that u don't usually do and start making mistakes

S

shopwert

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t understand how you can have this discussion without including the use of HUDs by multi table players. Most multi players set up their HUDs to display the information they think is most important for the number of tables they are playing. Notes are very important and a good player will make time to take them.
The more info you have on an opponent, the quicker you can make decisions. Quicker decisions = more tables.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Most at all I believe it will depend a lot on your level of play and your concentration, as multi-table requires a higher level of concentration and consequently a higher level of play as it is very difficult to concentrate on more than one table.

Q

Qairo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play 2 tables maximum without effiency lose.
So, I can play even more, but my EV will be so low.

G

gud1ni99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that the feeling of comfort in multitable depends not only on the concentration and skill of the player, but also on the way of thinking, as well as the inclinations of the person himself.
For example, even as a beginner in poker, I felt comfortable playing 4-5 tables.