How much of a monthly poker deposit would be acceptable?

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Evolve or die is the main principle of poker.think $100 a year will be enough.The fact that there is less money and fewer chips in poker is not a reason to make hasty, disappointing conclusions. The good times are over for those who love easy money.

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think the ideal would be to make a deposit for just one month and always be able to play with that. hahaha,.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cannot remember the last time I made a deposit, made plenty withdrawals though.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
It is best if you never deposit any money.
If you don't have the budget, then just play freerolls and build on what you get there. At least that's what I do. If I win something in a freeroll and lose it, I don't feel bad because it came easily, it goes easily.
If you deposit many times, after a while you will become convulsed with the desire to become profitable and you will also feel guilty, so there is no point in transferring. It's obviously a slower process to build from freerolls, but it's worth it.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
I rarely make a deposit, only in those cases when there is a need to withdraw money and there are no available withdrawal methods. Somehow, I was lucky that there is always money in my poker account :)
I have to say that it is primarily thanks to our wonderful CardsChat freerolls :)

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I made the minimum deposits just to be able to withdraw money. I didn’t make much money from poker, but I didn’t invest anything either.

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I think the idea is to deposit only once, because if you deposit every month this will be a sign that you are not being profitable

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I think the idea is to deposit only once, because if you deposit every month this will be a sign that you are not being profitable
But online poker sites also need help, they also need money (10% of each tournament investment)!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I deposit as often as I feel like it.

If there's a Sunday Million Anniversary game, there's a good chance I'll be depositing for it (or for a number of other reasons, including losing or wanting to move money around from one site to another)

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it should be like 10% tops of your monthly revenue otherwise it would be a waste of money

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well, one deposit is enough. If you know how to play and bankroll manage.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I deposit as often as I feel like it. If there's a Sunday Million Anniversary game, there's a good chance I'll be depositing for it (or for a number of other reasons, including losing or wanting to move money around from one site to another)
I agree. There is a bit of religion about only ever making a single deposit on any site. But if you are not going to play on a site for a while, then just withdraw your money and deposit, if you want to play there again. Or as you say deposit for a special game, you want to play, and then withdraw your winnings, if you cash and dont play regularly on the site. There are stories in the forum about people, who have lost their money on a site due to inactivity. Or the site might go broke.

There is also nothing wrong with topping up on a site, if you want more money to play with. "Building up a bankroll" from a small amount like $100 is not an effective use of time, if you already know, you are able to beat limits higher than $1-2 games. I dont move around money that often. But if I wanted to try a new site, I would probably start with a small deposit like $100 to test it out. And then deposit more, if I decide to play there regularly.

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I personally don't want to deposit any money into poker at this time, but want to build up my bankroll by playing freerolls and then transitioning to higher stakes.

1k is a lot of money! I would definitely never spend as much as this in poker, unless I was a professional poker player making 6 figures a year.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
.I have been in a situation where I paid 1K per month and got nothing
But another example has been that I made a deposit of only 10 dollars a month, but I also withdrew 3K from i

The bottom line is that it's not important to bet a lot to win a lot, etc
Imo, if you're not a regular winning player, I mean, if you're not use to have a good profit regularly, I'd say that you may deposit as much as you're willing to spend in a recreational activity. If you are trying to invest in order to get more winnings, I'd say the same as below:
It’s better to invest this money in a good trainer and you won’t have to make a deposit every month :)

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
.I have been in a situation where I paid 1K per month and got nothing
But another example has been that I made a deposit of only 10 dollars a month, but I also withdrew 3K from i

The bottom line is that it's not important to bet a lot to win a lot, etc
$10, once a year, no more. For me, poker is not a bank investment portfolio. For me, poker is a source of income, and in order to have an affordable withdrawal method, one deposit per year is quite enough :)

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you better start learning and/or hire one coach and then come back to deposit and you will make money at that point

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This goes to show you about bankroll management as you can easily run up $10 to thousands as easily as you can go from thousands to nothing.

It's all about the swings and managing them within the risk of ruin.

I wouldn't advise keeping your full roll online though as you never know if a black friday will happen again but hopefully not with regulation.

O

oskarsbaumanis2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you better start learning and/or hire one coach and then come back to deposit and you will make money at that point
even Negreanu lost over 2 million last year or would recommend him as a coach

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the amout u can afford to lose
gz on the winnings

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think it should depend on the amount of monthly income. $5 or $10 is more than enough for me. Although in reality I make a deposit rarely, once every six months or even once a year. The money I win in freerolls is quite enough for me :)

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It depends on how much you win playing, when I played at bodog I used to deposit between $10 and $20 a month, but I would withdraw at least $100 or $150 a month