How much of a monthly poker deposit would be acceptable?

O

oskarsbaumanis2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
.I have been in a situation where I paid 1K per month and got nothing
But another example has been that I made a deposit of only 10 dollars a month, but I also withdrew 3K from i

The bottom line is that it's not important to bet a lot to win a lot, etc

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How long is a piece of string?. It’s your money. As much as you can reasonably afford I would suggest. The best bit of advice would be not to chase losses, this leads to the dark side.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
NOT even a single deposit. Any deposit on my main site is NEVER acceptable to me. It's mean I failed and lost at 3-4 things I consider myself very good at when it comes to poker. bankroll management, mental toughness/tilt control and patience.

I haven't had to deposited in 15+ years now on my main site. Just withdraw and spend/buy things.

Cheers!!!

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I am thinking that the money you risk to be around 20% of your income / month, but if you have a couple of bad months in a row you should lower the procent down to 5-10 % , so you be comfortable with your loses

ficticius

ficticius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
EC
Chips
It's all in how much money you have in your checking account. If you have a lot of money, it doesn't matter what you deposit in your poker account, but if, on the contrary, you live day to day and only live from your work. I think about $60 to $100 would be enough.

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
But another example has been that I made a deposit of only 10 dollars a month, but I also withdrew 3K from i

The point is to be a disciplined and responsible player. I actually deposit once a year, minimum deposit, just to have a withdrawal method available.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Of course, to make money you must make an investment.
But I think what makes you a good player is precisely investing little to be profitable in the long term.
Otherwise you become a recreational player, which is precisely not what we want to dedicate ourselves to this exciting game.
Greetings:):):)

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I usually ask :Can you beat freerollers and playchipers? Consistently and have an idea what they're doing in every hand? Even the hands you're not in? Without a HUD or tracker, just sit there watching the games?

Then when I hear someone turning a few dollars into a large sum, ask can you do it consistently over a long time?

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should not need to refill after your original deposit.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The only reason for a deposit, in my case, is to get a way to withdraw funds later. And of course, if I make a deposit, it is always minimal :)

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I haven't made a deposit for a long time, I expanded my bankroll due to freerolls

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
What do you play poker for? To lose money? To win money? If you want to learn how to play poker, spend this money on a good coach who will show you your mistakes, and then the monthly deposit issue will disappear by itself.

O

oskarsbaumanis2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
of course better is not make deposit at all but in pokerstars that not possible any more etc

A

Adventurebound2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's a personal thing, follow your heart.

Personaly I've never deposited a penny. As one of the early CC members I learned a lot from the great players here about strategy & took that knowledge to freeroll games that if not sponsored by CC I joined the site through a CC link. Within a year of study from my friends here I had decent bankrolls at 5 sites. I made a fair bit of money until the US govt shut down online gaming somewhere around 2009. I lost thousands because sites closed and left no way for me to withdraw my money.

Things have changed much since then.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Obviously it depends on your financial situation. The important is to make a budget, which does not interfere with household needs. Or use bankroll management, if you are a winning player.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have been playing 20 plus years and still have not made a single deposit. I'm certainly not going to start now, If it is going to cost me money to play, I will give it up all together!

M

moriarty137

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
If you play for fun, add a few grams and you won't lose, but if you want to get serious, put in 100 dollars, don't reset the balance and study hard at the beginning

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
$10 per year. Personally, this is more than enough for me. For me, poker is not an investment project or a piggy bank for my money. For me, poker is a hobby, thanks to which I receive an additional income from time to time.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
deposit as much as you feel like the money and you are ready to spend it on your poker entertainment and don't regret losing enough and a small amount of money, and after that, if you play poker well, you will win money and will already play with the money you win without spending your money, I think the best option

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The answer will be different for everybody. It annoys me to see so many people just say "NEVER DEPOSIT!". This is bullshit for so many people.

If poker is your hobby, you should spend whatever you're comfortable spending. If you were a golfer and would happily spend $100 for a round every weekend, this would be no different to loading up $400 on a poker site every month and playing some games you enjoy. Only difference is, you are guaranteed to not see any of your golf money again, but you could wind up with 10x or 100x by playing poker.

If you're trying to grind up a tiny bankroll, why not add a little expendable income to ease the journey?

If you're a pro, why wouldn't you deposit to take advantage of deposit bonuses and promotions.

Your situation is personal to you. My only advice is only deposit what you're prepared to and can afford to lose.