Do you like that Russians are banned from playing poker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viparida

Viparida

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didn´t know the have been banned from pokerstars. Anyone knows why? Because of the war? Well, everybody knows that there are many hackers there, but i don´t know what to think.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, due to EU sanctions.

Pokerstars is located in Malta.

Other rooms, like GGPoker are located elsewhere and do not have to comply.
As far as i understand, russians got banned on the big sites because they simply can not pay them anymore because of the sanctions.

The only option for them is crypto and thats why Acr, GG and also chico did not take actions.

Not 100 % sure on that one but it makes a lot of sense.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm generally against collective responsibility. Everyone should be responsible for themselves. It is always necessary to punish only people who are specifically guilty of something. Everyone must be personally responsible for the misdemeanors or crimes committed. And this applies not only to the ban on Russians from playing poker. So you can go very far by restricting freedoms depending on what country you are a citizen of.
I don’t understand why all German citizens paid reparations for decades after the Second World War??? According to your logic, German citizens are not to blame and only soldiers who directly took part in hostilities should pay reparations!!!

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Absolutely not agree of banned Russian players at all. Not just in poker, also in any sport or cultural activities. Complete disagree.

I am 100% sure that if a few Russian bombs fell in your city, you would quickly change your mind about allowing games for Russian players!!!

hjuosh

hjuosh

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I am 100% sure that if a few Russian bombs fell in your city, you would quickly change your mind about allowing games for Russian players!!!
Yes indeed my friend. Sorry. I have no idea at all on what a bomb could be. That's true.

M Cronick

M Cronick

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
In my opinion, It is bad. But they are paying for their government's decisions.

vitas_top

vitas_top

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Я не понимаю, почему все граждане Германии десятилетиями после Второй Мировой войны платили репарации??? По вашей логике граждане Германии не виноваты и репарации должны платить только солдаты, непосредственно принимавшие участие в боевых действиях!!!
I don't think every German paid reparations to someone from his personal account. The state paid. By this logic, ban the Russian state from playing poker. Ordinary Russians have to do with it.

MTCashman

MTCashman

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I miss playing against the rest of the world and Russians in particular. A lot of them were hyper aggressive and always good for a double up :).

vitas_top

vitas_top

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Я на 100% уверен, что если бы в вашем городе упало несколько российских бомб, вы бы быстро передумали разрешать игры для русских игроков!!!
A lot of Russian bombs fell in my city, but I'm against banning Russian people from participating in sports competitions. What is the purpose of the ban on the participation of Russian citizens in sports or cultural events? Like something to spoil?

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I don't like it. What can they do about the war?

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No I don't like it and believe that it is unjust and unfair to punish them for what their government is doing. Poker should be something that should be bringing people together in a common interest, and not pushing them apart. :(

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Russians are free to play at both GG network and ACR. So I do not feel sorry for them.
That sounds sort of like having separate drinking fountains and bathrooms. :(
I only feel sorry for Ukraine fighting this war started by the Russian military leaders.
I do too. :( However I grew up during the Cold War and can remember realizing that the regular people in the Soviet Union weren't really any different than I was. Just everyday people trying to make a good life for themselves.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It's ridiculous how things get mixed up.
It is also ridiculous that they sanction certain countries and not others.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No I don't like it and believe that it is unjust and unfair to punish them for what their government is doing. Poker should be something that should be bringing people together in a common interest, and not pushing them apart. :(
As far as i understand, russians got banned on the big sites because they simply can not pay them anymore because of the sanctions.

The only option for them is crypto and thats why Acr, GG and also chico did not take actions.

Not 100 % sure on that one but it makes a lot of sense.

Going to repeat myself here 😉

Pokerrooms dont care where their rake is coming from. But if they can not pay their customers, what should they do?

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
during World War I in the week before Christmas, German and British soldiers exchanged festive greetings and songs between their trenches; on that occasion, tension was reduced to the point where individuals gave gifts to their enemies. On Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, many soldiers from both sides — as well as French units, albeit in smaller numbers — ventured into "no man's land", where they met, exchanged food and gifts, and sang Christmas carols. over the course of several meetings. The troops on both sides were also friendly enough to play football matches.

The truce is seen as a symbolic moment of peace and humanity amid one of the most violent events in modern history, but it was not universal: on some fronts the fighting continued throughout the day, while on others only work was done. to collect the bodies. The following year, some units were willing to cease fire during Christmas, but the truce was not as publicized as in 1914, due in part to orders from high command on both sides, which prohibited such fraternization. In 1916, after the bloody battles of Somme and Verdun and with the beginning of the widespread use of poison gas, soldiers on both sides increasingly saw their opponents as human less and less, and the Christmas truce was never held again.

This event shows that the people, who are the ones who really fight and who always suffer harm, want peace. Therefore, sanctions that punish the people, in addition to failing to change the course of history, end up being unfair because they punish those who are not to blame for the events. The rulers of the countries who are responsible don't care if the rooms are banning Russian players or not. Whoever suffers from this has nothing to do with history.

I am against banning Russian players for these reasons.

Finally, I leave the lyrics of the song 'The Warlord's Song' by the Brazilian band Legião Urbana for meditation by those who had the patience to read this far:
The Warlord's Song
Legião Urbana Song

There is someone waiting for you
That will buy your youth
And convince him to win

Another war for no reason
And there are so many children with guns in their hands
But they explain again that war creates jobs
And increases production

A war always advances technology
Even if it's a holy war, hot, warm or cold
Why export food?
If weapons give more profits when exported?

Is there someone who is counting on you
To fight in your place
Since in this war
He's not the one who's going to die

And when far from home, hurt and cold
The enemy awaits you
He will be with other old people
Inventing new war games

What beautiful scenes of destruction
We won't have any more problems
With overpopulation

See what a beautiful uniform we made for you
And always remember
That God is on the side of those who will win

Is there someone who is counting on you
To fight in your place
Since in this war
He's not the one who's going to die

And when far from home, hurt and cold
The enemy awaits you
He will be with other old people
Inventing new war games

The warlord
Doesn't like children
The warlord
Doesn't like children
The warlord
Doesn't like children
The warlord
Doesn't like children

MackemMan

MackemMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Personally, I don't think anyone should be banned from playing.

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There's an irony in all this, the Russians are banned from playing, yet the tables are full of Ukraine players, who are supposed to be at war with Russia!!! Go figure.......

Last edited:
GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Why would i like that?
Iam not really into the world poker news,i guess.
But if theres no cheating,everybody should be autorized to play poker,its a sport,right?
God bless

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
most of the russian players are very good, but they shouldn't be banned for being good, they should be banned for cheating and that's it, like every other player who cheats in online games.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's an irony in all this, the Russians are banned from playing, yet the tables are full of Ukraine players, who are supposed to be at war with Russia!!! Go figure.......
So what exactly should we figure? That u are not able to understand that not every ukranian is at the frontline and that they still have electricity and internet in some places?

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
they are located only in gg
is it good
The russians have only one interest, and that is the conquest of territories. russians do not care about absolutely everything, even their own lives. The main thing is that they have a ruler, and they can obey and serve him. The only entertainment for such "people" is the grief of others, nothing else amuses them. I am not saying that all 100% of russians are bad people, but there are certainly more bad people than good people among them.

Status
Not open for further replies.