Do you like that Russians are banned from playing poker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
I am against banning Russians from playing poker. pokerstars should not divide people by political beliefs, but share and support only the sports views of players. I don’t think that Pokerstars’ decision was reasonable, since the Russians brought big advantages to the poker room

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Absolutely not agree of banned Russian players at all. Not just in poker, also in any sport or cultural activities. Complete disagree.
its unfair for the common russian citizen but it's important to make the russian public clear : Your leader is a warcriminal and there need to be repercussions.
Punishing the public in that way might not be the best idea but I understood the need of a strong stance against this ludicrous war.

then again I agree with you its absolute nonsense to ban them from cultural activities.
I mean for instance I love Dostojewski ...Am I supposed to stop reading it or watching it in theatre because the author happens to be Russian which happen to lead a war at the moment?

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I am against banning Russians from playing poker. Pokerstars should not divide people by political beliefs, but share and support only the sports views of players. I don’t think that Pokerstars’ decision was reasonable, since the Russians brought big advantages to the poker room
No wonder about that - you probably would adore them even when hey'd come after your country (like you've shown in some other thread) :rolleyes:

Also (sadly) they are not completely banned from playing poker when they can still play in places like ACR aswell as some local ones ...

As for Pokerstars then let's say they do allow them back at some point - the moment this happens you can count that game chats (in every possible tournament) will be full of ***** **** **** stuff - therefore it's probably understandable why they dont rush "welcoming" them back ...

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In some countries people have the right to try to make change. They have a voice and if they don't, then they can try to have one.
I am very aware that change often comes from the people. However, I also believe that if a person is dedicated to sports or poker, they are likely to be oblivious to all of that. When you become a professional in a certain discipline, you generally dedicate your life to it and don't have time for anything else. So, excluding them still seems wrong to me, especially for those who are dedicated to that.

In my case, the former president said a lot of nonsense that made us look bad worldwide. He always stood out for putting his foot in his mouth. Now, am I supposed to take responsibility for that?

Now, if I were a Russian who is against what is happening, I don't know if I would risk my life to raise my voice when I'm not sure how much I can actually change.
And even if I am publicly against the government, I would probably still be banned from competition.

But yes, it is a very delicate issue.

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Russians are free to play at both GG network and ACR. So I do not feel sorry for them.

I only feel sorry for Ukraine fighting this war started by the Russian military leaders.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not just GG, some other poker networks too... it all looks like poker rooms are shooting their own leg. They could ban Putin from playing poker at their site instead of bannig whole country.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Civilians allways pay the faults of the goverments!
And who, in your opinion, elected this government, were civilians. Those who are killing Ukrainians and destroying our cities are civilians who were mobilised for this war. Perhaps if you were better informed, you would not write this. There have been repeated polls of the Russian population on whether they support the aggression and war against Ukraine, and about 70% of Russians said they do, their priests bless their soldiers to kill Ukrainians, and I can go on and on about the atrocities they commit. That's why I think that banning Russians from playing poker and removing them from any sport at all is the right decision. The only thing that can be done is to make sure that the rake and profit that Russian players bring to poker in general is better transferred to help Ukraine.

vitas_top

vitas_top

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm generally against collective responsibility. Everyone should be responsible for themselves. It is always necessary to punish only people who are specifically guilty of something. Everyone must be personally responsible for the misdemeanors or crimes committed. And this applies not only to the ban on Russians from playing poker. So you can go very far by restricting freedoms depending on what country you are a citizen of.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In my opinion, any ban on poker players is a tactically beneficial move financially for certain poker sites.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Poker players, athletes, actors, artists and many others in Russia should not be banned from furthering their roles in society because of closed minded leaders!

f_lampa

f_lampa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
it is very strange to read that russians are innocent in the war, and only the government is to blame

for almost two years of the invasion of russian terrorists into Ukraine, there was not a single protest against the war in russia itself, on the contrary, they are still conducting huge mobilizations. every russian is involved in this war

f_lampa

f_lampa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Not just GG, some other poker networks too... it all looks like poker rooms are shooting their own leg. They could ban Putin from playing poker at their site instead of bannig whole country.
unfortunately, it is not putin himself who is killing us, but the russians

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A difficult one to answer. From a selfish point of view it makes tournaments easier to win because there are less players to have to beat.

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
This Russian guy explains very well what is wrong with the Russian mindset

MTT Database Review

MTT Database Review

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CZ
Chips
I have a solution - Allow Russians to play but with zero rakeback. Instead that money goes to support Ukraine.

Blumoon888

Blumoon888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Not at all. They shouldn't be held responsible for that nutter putin! The Chinese are as bad and they are not banned!

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Not all poker rooms have decided to introduce restrictions for poker players from Russia. For some, the departure of PokerStars and partypoker (a little earlier) was a good point for traffic growth.Consequently, poker is partially prohibited in Russia.GGPokerOK, Pokerdom and ACR can play here.

Rosylly

Rosylly

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
It's funny and weird at the same time to read how people here tell that ordinary russians shouldn't suffer, because of Putin.

Are all those 350 000 "soldiers" that are in my country right now are also Putin? And many more that used to be here, but not anymore, because they are killed or wounded? I'm not even talking about their families, relatives and tens of millions of russians who support this massacre.

Blumoon888

Blumoon888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
If they ban russians, what about the Chinese? I hate what the Russians are doing, but the Russian people generally are not to blame.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Should be banned from everything until they get out of Ukraine. Including the NHL.
Completely agree.

Anyone complaining about not being able to play poker or compete in sports while their country wages a vile, murderous war of expansion should reassess their priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.