Best laptop for online play

R

Riverboatbrush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I purchased a laptop for playing online, and after a recommendation from a friend, tried poker tracking/HUD software, but found that my new laptop wasn't powerful enough to run it successfully.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to what spec or brand I should consider upgrading to?

TIA

rsparente

rsparente

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Try looking for minimum requirements+ name of your poker tracker. Example below:

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Also, always consider the size and that you may have to take the laptop with you to the toilet. :poop:

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
It depends on my availability, sometimes I play on my cell phone, sometimes on my laptop, but it's definitely much better because the screen is bigger and on the cell phone, if a notification arrives, it takes away even a little attention.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think it's better to buy yourself a computer even if you buy a laptop and a computer at the same price, you will win more on your computer because it will be more powerful than a laptop and you will be very happy to play on it, try using a fast computer better than a slow laptop

T

turnupthebb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CH
Chips
For some players I recommend to buy a cheap monitor to connect to the laptop because if you smash the monitor while tilting then at least it was an expendable cheap monitor.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
macbook air is the best ever apple for the win

T

turnupthebb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CH
Chips
macbook air is the best ever apple for the win
Apple installs backdoors and gives access to governments to access your device.
Better go with something that isn't a walled garden.
I think Thinkpad is great for laptop.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
get a computer laptops sucks to play poker.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I think it's better to buy yourself a computer even if you buy a laptop and a computer at the same price, you will win more on your computer because it will be more powerful than a laptop and you will be very happy to play on it, try using a fast computer better than a slow laptop
Slow used laptop can be decent for poker nights aswell btw ...

emgesi

emgesi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
4 DDR with 2 DDR you will not be able to install heavy programs and memory at least 320 MB 🙂🙂🙂

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you mix a lot of tables from different sites on the same time + HUD and other softs then you need some good pc/laptop

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would not buy anything on the low end of laptops. Intel 7 or 9 chip at the minimum. You can survive with less but is it really worth it having to but a new laptop sooner than later or just buying a better once. RAM is vital. 16GB is the minimum I would have in the laptop. Less ram can be used but for using PT4 and playing multi table and multi sites the 16 is way more helpful. As for the hard drive, SSD is better. SO much faster in so many ways. I will never go back from this one.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I purchased a laptop for playing online, and after a recommendation from a friend, tried poker tracking/HUD software, but found that my new laptop wasn't powerful enough to run it successfully.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to what spec or brand I should consider upgrading to?

TIA

It can make a difference with what sites you're playing on some can be huge resource hogs. (ie. it won't matter if you have a powerful, fast laptop a site like WPTGlobal will still bog it down.

So... What sites are you using it for?

and, as was already mentioned

I'd suggest:
i7
16GB Ram
500GB SSD

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
For some players I recommend to buy a cheap monitor to connect to the laptop because if you smash the monitor while tilting then at least it was an expendable cheap monitor.

What if they were able to exercise some self-control &/or knowing they won't destroy their own computer screen, wouldn't they then be able to use that money and put it towards something that's even better?
Cheap'ish' laptop + 2 cheap monitors = 1 good laptop

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My laptops never seem to last very long .

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips

TIA
Try to check if you can add some RAM to your actual current computer. Is not expensive.

Last edited:
takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
ASUS TUF Gaming laptop. I got mine on sale in '22 for around $900. The graphics quality is impeccable, not to mention it's made for gaming so it can handle multi-tables and open sites/forums at once. It's the best computer I've ever owned. ;)

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
If you are thinking about buying a laptop, you should definitely count on a 17.3" monitor. This is not only good in poker, but also in all other areas (e.g. watching movies). If you don't want to play games, then the display size is the most important, and that there should be a good amount of RAM behind it and, of course, an SSD (0.5 TB).

PrOKatana

PrOKatana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have Asus ROG STRIX G the best good price quality , is arund 1000$ , trust me it's perfect for poker and games

D

darkgonz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
As someone who enjoys online poker, I've found that the Dell XPS 13 is an excellent choice for seamless gameplay. Its reliable internet connectivity ensures uninterrupted gaming sessions, while the lightweight design makes it convenient to take with me wherever I go

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I'd suggest minimum:
processor i7
Ram 16GB
SSD 500GB