Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
online i'm always quiet except for some emotes for extreme luck plays, in person I dont have much experience

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Yes, why not...if someone ask me something I'm going to answering ofc (live game)
Online - yes in CC games if I know few people at the table and love them, otherwise nope...(+ sometimes even If I love that people at table I not talk because I watching something and not paying attention to chat...)
In any other game online, nope...

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm a more introspective person, so I would act naturally and not be one of the most extroverted at the table.

I wouldn't talk much.

O

Omaha_53

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
In my opinion, chatting and joking with others is among the best possible reasons to focus on live.
It's both entertaining and strategically useful. You can get extremely valuable personality reads, while also preventing impatience in yourself by keeping you amused with banter and/or general chat.
That said, it's all about what YOU want.
Different people, different comfort zones.

As an avid talker and a thoroughly read-centric player, however, I will say that socially active types tend to be a lot harder to read than silent ones.
When you're quiet and still, every move and every word is magnified against the backdrop of your quiet nature. When you're active in both categories, however, tons of stuff gets buried by the sheer volume of your actions.
In that sense, being social at the table - like in life - often translate to an advantage.

Just my two cents.

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Interacting with players during poker games can provide insights into their playing style and tendencies, build rapport, and potentially manipulate opponents' emotions. However, excessive chatter can be distracting, reveal information about your own hand, or lead to emotional responses. Balancing engagement with opponents while maintaining focus is key to maximizing success at the poker table.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't like talking while playing. Conversations only distract from important things. It is always better to be observant and silent. But probably in general, your behavior will primarily depend on your temperament, character and personal qualities.

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Limited love experience but I prefer to chat. The times I've done better has had recreational players in and it's just a more enjoyable experience

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A little chat necer hurt anybody.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer to talk before and after, during I prefer to be more observant.Thinking and calculating my chances or mistakes made

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I prefer not to, Im bad at pretending xD

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Within reason, I talk to the players, I like to joke...

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good question… I think it depends on the vibe at the table. Sometimes it’s a healthy chatter and sometimes it’s as quiet as a library lol. Either way- as long as I can have a few beers and win some hands- I’m golden 😎

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you're playing live poker, do you prefer to be quiet and observant, or do you prefer to chat and get to know the players?
I think you can perform much better when you talk to other players.
The first time I played live poker I didn't know anybody and it made me really nervous, nobody talked to me and they all knew each other.
It made me uncomfortable.
As it should. If they know each other that well and you not at all they will most likely fold good hands to then rather than letting you win. It is unfortunate but I feel that live poker can be allot sneakier than online poker. Just remember next time that you play live poker to take you're Daringer. LOL

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Nothing........no talk .....no distraction int the tourney

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think talking at the tables is great, you make new friends through poker, and while you play you get a little distracted and it relieves the tension of the game, but that's only not live because online there's no way to do that if you're playing more than one table

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like interactions because I play a lot of tables at the same time

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
in the past i would do it during poker school fun games or PS CC freerolls or league games . but nowadays i do not , it distracts me while i play . also i rarely play at the league . i have noticed that chatting during games leads to bad decisions , distractions , unnecessary .