hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What genres of computer games do you prefer and how much does this affect your poker playing style?
I don't play computer games, except that I used to like to play interesting strategy games. As for my poker style, I can say that I am an aggressive player and often like to expand my hand range in different positions. But it all depends on who I'm playing with, if I'm playing against a very bad player, I'll play almost every other hand. But if I'm playing against adequate players, I'll play cautiously without rash actions.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What genres of computer games do you prefer and how much does this affect your poker playing style?
I rarely play computer games because I simply don't have time for it. But I've always loved strategies, urban planning strategies of all kinds. I used to play them very often and sometimes spent 5-10 hours a day playing, and sometimes more.

Ogma

Ogma

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
No time for computer games either but I used to enjoy them especially when my son was young. Tiger Woods golf, Ratchet & Clank, Need for Speed, we played them all.

Style of play. Important to mix it up, passive, aggressive, passive aggressive, dominant, subdominant passive mildly aggressive, miffed, Japanese style, reverse cowboy, bluff, play straight, mix it up people. Whatever is raking in the chips.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I liked to play different puzzles, simple games, for fun. But somehow, about six years ago, I found my favorite puzzle, and now all my free time goes to it. Poker, my favorite game, just poker.

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
A lot depends on the opponents' play, sometimes I calmly wait for the opponent's mistake and play coherently, and sometimes I raise aggressively. So I don't have a rule.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It has been a long time since I played computer games but I used to like Silent Service and688 Attack Sub. Silently moving beneath the surface in search of a target, tracking that target, and waiting for just the right moment to fire the torpedo(s) is very similar to my style of play.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I dedicate all my time exclusively to poker, I try to sleep as little as possible to spare more for poker, sometimes I play the guitar and sing while I play poker

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Now that's an interesting question! Well, I love playing in Red Dead Redemption 2 (haven't played it for over 5 months, but today I installed it again from the collection in Steam), I also have experience of one full season in NBA 2k21 and FIFA 22 in "My League" mode (where players from all over the world play against each other in online tournaments). How does it affect on poker? Badly, as I played fewer tournaments and accordingly made less money. :ROFLMAO:

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Thank you guys for your attention to the topic! I am reading your reviews with interest. I can say for myself that turn-based strategies are my favorite genre of computer games. The very first and true love is Sid Meyer's Civilization game. Of course, there are other favorite games, but this one stands out. And yes, it seems to me that this game has a positive effect on my poker style. I'm ready to sit and play for hours. There would be enough chips.:cool:

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I like mathematics and interesting math problems. And poker too ))
My style of play is "magical fishstyle" :p

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I sometimes play Dota2 hearthstone, a card game also helps me think that the poker style of play is aggressive in poker games, too, I switch to an aggressive game, I learn to play more aggressively I think that aggressive players achieve more results than passive players, my game has a very positive effect on the poker game

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My game is more conservative, I don't know how to play aggressive, I lose a lot of chips.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't play any computer games besides poker and my style is unique to me because I start off playing a solid, fundamental GTO style game but as I observe my opponents and figure out what they are doing wrong then I switch gears to exploit them. Sometimes this is by being aggressive, sometimes this is by laying traps and sometimes this is folding when a weak-tight player is bombing the pot despite my strong hand (because I know he has the nuts) and sometimes this is NOT going for a big bluff because I know my opponent is a calling station. I adjust my game to the opponents and situation constntly when I am playing. This has led to incredible success for me but you won't read about it in any poker books or online classes because this is not something that is easy to teach.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Thank you guys for your attention to the topic! I am reading your reviews with interest. I can say for myself that turn-based strategies are my favorite genre of computer games. The very first and true love is Sid Meyer's Civilization game. Of course, there are other favorite games, but this one stands out. And yes, it seems to me that this game has a positive effect on my poker style. I'm ready to sit and play for hours. There would be enough chips.:cool:
Yeah, when it comes to strategy games, I'm a StarCraft fan. Completed all parts on the hardest level, but it was a long time ago, so I didn't mention this wonderful game in my previous answer. In general, strategy games are another genre of games (besides shooters and sports simulators) that I enjoy. :)

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
I played computer games quite a long time ago, about 10 years ago. I mainly played driving simulators. I myself am a driver, I really like cars, and that is why I chose such games thematically for myself. The games I played had no effect on my poker game because at that time I did not play poker at all.
Good luck :)

L

lucasribeiro85

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I have 3 ways to play, it all depends on the entry value and the stage the tournament is at.

When I enter the tournament early I play very aggressive tight, to build up a lot of stack.
at the end of the late reg, I play looser, but with less aggression, except in the itm bubble and ft bubble if I have more than 35 blinds (quite aggressive) because at that time you can get a lot of chips up

when I enter the late reg it usually has 10/15BB
I play by position and very tight, I wait for a hand with pair or 2 blocker very high to try to redzap and double stack

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
sorry ..no more time for games from me too :)...sadly :)

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the present time I play only the different kinds of Poker! Therefore the other computer Games don't influence on my style in Poker... That's it!
And Further Time Shows!

iceheart888

iceheart888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
if you choose your game according to your playing style, it can't affect you, if you want to play aggro, play turbo game, if not, play slow game

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't play computer games, so they have no influence on my poker style. And my style is simple. I play not to lose and depending on the situation on the poker table, I play conservatively or aggressively.

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Playing on my cell phone I still haven't been able to enjoy some of these tools, perhaps because they are not available, I would really like to be able to use Pokertracker, as I can't, so I continue to Scoring players by the power of our brains Sometimes I feel tired of this knowing that we have tools available that do the same