WSOP Main Event! [SPOILERS]

jinglebomb

jinglebomb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm really enjoying this format too--feels so much like railing live, which I've done plenty of times, with the added benefit of expert commentary. I too was very freaked out about the Shaun/Max showdown. Hearing about their history really helped to put it in perspective, which wouldn't have occurred had Norm been manning the other mic.

Agreed, that hand though.... Brutal

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
[ ] idiot

I mean it probably isn't THAT terrible, given both their images/probable history
Do you play Tournaments or cash games? (me thinks 'cash').. doubt he's ever folding after 5-betting 1/3 of his stack (& sizing of 5bet was no doubt an effort to 'look-like' he's 5bet bluffing light... & can get away from the hand, hence inducing a lighter 6bet shove (he thinks, I think, he thinks, I think... & so on)

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you play Tournaments or cash games? (me thinks 'cash').. doubt he's ever folding after 5-betting 1/3 of his stack (& sizing of 5bet was no doubt an effort to 'look-like' he's 5bet bluffing light... & can get away from the hand, hence inducing a lighter 6bet shove (he thinks, I think, he thinks, I think... & so on)

I dunno, this is Deeb we're talking about :p

Seriously I have no idea at all, I was supposed to make my post more a question than it looks. I just think given the fact they know who the other is/their backgrounds/history/styles all that sort of stuff, it's probably only hotkarl and deeb who know whether or not it was +ev or not

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
OMG Phil Helmuth... can you play that busto hand any worse?
Some pretty bad play on this televised table. Really wish they'd show more of AJKHoosier's table instead of this one.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OMG Phil Helmuth... can you play that busto hand any worse?
Some pretty bad play on this televised table. Really wish they'd show more of AJKHoosier's table instead of this one.

3s3c.... Really?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Raise then 'call' a 3bet for over 1/3 stack w 33... huge sigh. (was really hopin' he'd hang in there :( )

Just heard about another hand on different table, guy raises on stack of <20bb's, then a guy in SB with decent stack, rrai. Initial raiser has clock called on him, he takes the full time & then finally calls with 'AA'. (I believe the guy who shoved had something like J5... & flop was J-5-2 (might be wrong on this), so AA in bad shape but river is a '2' & AA managed to double up. I thought this was so odd/funny, I mean why would we consider ever raise/folding w AA, 'especially' while sitting on <20bb's? Crazy stuff.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deeb can definitely 5-bet fold garbage there IMO. He said himself he made the size of the 5-bet to look like there was still fold equity.

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Typical Phill tilt, anf FFS, the tool is in the commentary box. Headphones off time.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Todd Brunson is at the feature table now, the man who officially called me a "little faggot". I would follow what his hands are on Twitter but he blocked me...

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Todd Brunson is at the feature table now, the man who officially called me a "little faggot". I would follow what his hands are on Twitter but he blocked me...
No worries, according to "Super System" he is not a good poker player.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My friend Jamie went out 590th and cashed for $21,295.

However - Collin Moshman is still in - he is 89th of 378 remaining with 732k chips!!!!

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Incredible feature table with Daniel Negreanu BrokeLivingJRB (Jean Robert Bellande) and Allen Cunningham. Also has Brit and EPt champ Rupert Elder and Carter 'CKing' King.

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My friend Jamie went out 590th and cashed for $21,295.

Way to go, Jamie!

Does anyone know how may women entered the ME? Also, have any others cashed so far in addition to Jamie? And finally, how many gals are still alive?

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Six were left at the beginning of Day 5 I believe. I think 13 cashed.

jinglebomb

jinglebomb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
would love this to be the November Nine : Eli Elezra , Allen Cunningham , Jean-Robert Bellande , David Bach , Ben Lamb, Joseph Cheong , Tony Hachem , Peter Feldman , and Amanda Musumeci. the last one was added to represent the ladies of course. all are alive as of now. hope it comes true.

Last edited:
JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
End of Day 5 and 3 left (assuming none got KO'd late) with just short of 150 left.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ideal ft:

Lamb
Jace
Cheong
charder
Brokos
aejones
Rupert Elder
Ruben Visser
and one of the women

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JP Kelly is doing well in this, really hope he takes it down

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Apparently jeans (Jens Kyollen) is also still in, such a boss

kyll%C3%B6nen.jpg

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anybody know if Zach is still in or did he busto cash?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Did any of you read the story about the player who got his entry to the MainEvent via that bodog blackjack promo (see other thread in CC forum here > https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-rooms-10/bodog-12k-wsop-main-event-5k-198179/). "Tom Oldcroft" apparently won his seat via the Bodog BlackJack freeroll (& lost $2 on the blackjack tables in the process of acquiring his seat to the freeroll).
He was just eliminated from the MainEvent, picking up a cash of $54,851 (128th). Not too bad, lol.

Last edited:
WSOP