WSOP Main Event! [SPOILERS]

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is ESPN3 a PPV channel? Every link I click on leads me to a page that seems to be advertising NHL and offers me payment choices? ESPN 2 I can get on the link posted above, but not ESPN 3. The wsop page says that the event is 'on air now' but the link doesn't work for me. Any ideas where it can be watched for free?

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is ESPN3 a PPV channel? Every link I click on leads me to a page that seems to be advertising NHL and offers me payment choices? ESPN 2 I can get on the link posted above, but not ESPN 3. The WSOP page says that the event is 'on air now' but the link doesn't work for me. Any ideas where it can be watched for free?

http://www.justin.tv/wsop_2011#/w/1471483664

sooooo many heroes left to root for

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In all honesty I only watched like fifteen minutes of it earlier and it was all hands but I'm not sure about the rest of the broadcast

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Whoa, what a fold here by Helmuth!! Leaves himself with just over 10bb's

Phil Hellmuth started the hand with about starting stack, and opened to 5,400 from the hijack seat. A player in the cutoff three-bet to 15,400, and the action folded back to Hellmuth.
"You got it?" Hellmuth asked his opponent.
The man stayed silent. Hellmuth remained in the tank for quite a long while before finally folding
js.gif
jh.gif
face-up, leaving himself with just 25,000 chips

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
But... now he's back! lol
He just got in w KJs on a A-Q-T flop, & then another hand w AK v A8s & is now up to ~120k

WTG Phil!

Shaun Deeb is being moved to the feature table & should be airing on ESPN2 shortly! TID Shaun!!

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
May have to eat my words about PH!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My friend and our very own Collin Moshman and my friend Jamie are still both in!

danprince10

danprince10

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omg is anyone watching?? How gross was that last hand? So friggin sick.

jinglebomb

jinglebomb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did anyone see deeb get sucked out on wooooooooow!!!!!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
"George" (jason alexander from 'Seinfeld') had started today with ~167k, built his stack up to ~270k & just lost a Monster pot with KK (vATs), leaving him with only a couple of bb's & he's now out :(
I thought it would've been awesome to see someone like "George" making it to the final table of the WSOP MainEvent... maybe next year :(

'gg'
(hear a rumour that our very own 'Joe Showdown' is there giving massages... not sure how true this is ;) )

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've been wondering alot about how the game will be affected with players actually bein' able to see the holecards of other players on their tables (30mins. after the fact). One would think this could have a substantial impact on the game (although I suppose at the same time, players will just need to adjust.. but does seem kinda odd). Any thoughts?

(ie. 'tweet' by Daniel Negreanu as they go on 2hr. dinner break > "In my trailer on break watching the players at my table. Long break and plenty of homework to do.)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Did anyone see deeb get sucked out on wooooooooow!!!!!
do you mean where that idiot 6bet allin w A6(< Max Heinzelmann aka the 'true Donkenschnitzel') vs. Deeb's AA... 6 on flop & another '6' on river? f'n SICK! (430k pot) I think I'd be a bit upset there (just a bit though... cuz I know I could just go play the CC Carbon freeroll the following Wednesday!!)

Last edited:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Is this hand even real?
Daryl Jace opened for 2,700 and Billy Paradiso raised to 22,000. Don Nguyen, on Paradiso's left raised to 52,300. Jace reraised to 130,000, Paradiso shoved all in, Don Nguyen folded and Jace called.
Nguyen and Jace both had huge stacks at the start of the hand, each with over 400,000. The hands were tabled and they were off to the showdown.
Jace:
2c.gif
2h.gif

Paradiso:
Kd.gif
Ks.gif

With a team of ESPN production and every field reporter within eyesight flocking to the table, the dealer peeled off the flop. Right in the window was the
2s.gif
and everyone heard Paradiso sigh. The flop was
7h.gif
4c.gif
2s.gif
and the turn was
8c.gif
. Paradiso was drawing to one of the two remaining kings for his tournament life and possible chip lead.
The river came
As.gif
and Paradiso grabbed his sweatshirt and covered his face as he exited the Amazon Room. With that pot Jace climbs to the top of the counts, teasing with the 1,000,000 mark.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been wondering alot about how the game will be affected with players actually bein' able to see the holecards of other players on their tables (30mins. after the fact). One would think this could have a substantial impact on the game (although I suppose at the same time, players will just need to adjust.. but does seem kinda odd). Any thoughts?

(ie. 'tweet' by Daniel Negreanu as they go on 2hr. dinner break > "In my trailer on break watching the players at my table. Long break and plenty of homework to do.)

Yeah, I read that with interest too - I guess it's something everyone at the table can do so nobody's really disadvantaged as such but it's obviously a huge departure from the way tournaments have been played in the past...

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My friend and our very own Collin Moshman and my friend Jamie are still both in!
Found these counts in the list.

219Jamie Kerstetter 312,500
673Collin Moshman 107,500
Go go go.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Apparently I like the new TV concept. I watched a good portion of yesterdays coverage, and yes, that hand against Deeb was sick. In the back of my mind I wondered if all the dealers were out of work Full Tilt dealers..........badaboom.....:cool:

Where is Norm?

And is anyone else tweaked because there seems to be no poker room advertisements?

jinglebomb

jinglebomb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Loved how they broadcasted the wsop last night. Made it much enjoyable to try and guess what there doing.

Last edited:
jinglebomb

jinglebomb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do you mean where that idiot 6bet allin w A6(< Max Heinzelmann aka the 'true Donkenschnitzel') vs. Deeb's AA... 6 on flop & another '6' on river? f'n SICK! (430k pot) I think I'd be a bit upset there (just a bit though... cuz I know I could just go play the CC Carbon freeroll the following Wednesday!!)

Yea so sick apparently he was saying they had some online history and they four-bet and five-bet light all the time against each other, unfortunately He just got unlucky

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

[ ] idiot

I mean it probably isn't THAT terrible, given both their images/probable history

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where is Norm?

Will be there for the weekly ESPN episodes. This live stuff is more based on strategy and looking at hands and why they played how they did appealing to a base of big poker fans not casuals so they replaced the light entertainment with a rotation of pro's like Brandon Adams last night.

jinglebomb

jinglebomb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No offense to Norm, but Antonio E was on point on some of the strategy he was suggesting , he wasnt 100% right all the time, but i think with norm it would have been lackluster on hand concepts and information.

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm really enjoying this format too--feels so much like railing live, which I've done plenty of times, with the added benefit of expert commentary. I too was very freaked out about the Shaun/Max showdown. Hearing about their history really helped to put it in perspective, which wouldn't have occurred had Norm been manning the other mic.

WSOP