What's my motivation for this?

Dogfish44

Dogfish44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Believe it or not I started playing poker on my son's Nin10do Weeee! About a month later, after a successful run online, I moved onto Full-tilt. Playing purely for 'the love of the game'.

Since then, I have been made redundant from work and have countless hours of spare time on my hands...

So I'm trying to build a bankroll on the freerolls, not the best option I know, (before you all tell me!), but at least I'm not spending cash to enter. Despite losing my job and being pennyless. I still love poker and it's not the money that made me want to play in the first place. It was more a case of "well if he can be successful doing it, so can I" and Chris Fergusons $0 to $10k video.

So what is it that motivates us to play? Poker or the cash? :confused:

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So what is it that motivates us to play? Poker or the cash? :confused:
Personally I think it is a bit of both.
I play for the love of the game and also for the money involved in it.
I usually play every freeroll on here,not for the money but for the site and for the game itself.

Same Lo Road

Same Lo Road

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The allure of being able to make money by playing a game at our computer I think is what drives many of us, including myself, to keep playing and mastering our poker skills. Don't get me wrong, I love poker, but I wouldn't play online if money wasn't involved.

Leo 50

Leo 50

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love playing poker, I always have. I've been playing some form of poker since I was a teenager (a long time ago) and just love the challenge of the game.

As for building a bankroll, stick with it. I started at Full Tilt playing freerolls and in spite of all the 'all-in' donkeys i have managed to build a nice BR over the past 3 years and have never looked back.

Stay active here at CC and eventually you will get invited to some of our freerolls and then you will see what a really great group of poker players we have here.

Best of luck with the game

:cool:

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I love playing poker, I always have. I've been playing some form of poker since I was a teenager (a long time ago) and just love the challenge of the game.

As for building a bankroll, stick with it. I started at Full Tilt playing freerolls and in spite of all the 'all-in' donkeys i have managed to build a nice BR over the past 3 years and have never looked back.

Stay active here at CC and eventually you will get invited to some of our freerolls and then you will see what a really great group of poker players we have here.

Best of luck with the game

:cool:

I concur.

Like you I loved playing poker before I found online poker.

I didn't deposit either.

And it is possible to build a BR - especially if you keep posting and read alot here.

I made some small BRs from scratch since starting here 9 months ago.

Todays standings here: Ground zero revisited