What's better? being a poker player or a lottery bettor

Wedersonalas

Wedersonalas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's good to keep in mind that in poker you don't just depend on luck to win, you need skill and strategy!
When it comes to lottery betting you need and much more a lot of luck.
There is a man here in my neighborhood who places bets on the lottery every week and has never won anything good at least until that exact moment, but he thinks that playing poker has no future and that we spend money on it.
One day I told him that I won a micro poker tournament that earned me almost 300 dollars and he told me that it was simply luck and I also told him that I had stayed many times and went to small tournaments.
He said again that this was luck but wait a minute, he places lottery bets every week in search of the luck of one day being awarded kkk!
Anyway, what is the poker player or a lottery bettor more likely to be a winner?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If it's nlhe Tournament play you are referring to, it is the same as Lottery! 'BUT' the good players are showing up with more tickets ;)

As far as explaining it to your neighbor, I wouldn't even bother. They won't understand. OR.. you could show him that the good players have a better chance of winning (maybe even convince him of this by showing him your own results (or maybe the results of a winning player's sharkscope results or CashGame graph). If they too become convinced that it is much better chance to win $$ in poker vs. lottery, perhaps they'll join some pokersites and help the rest of us to win more money.... 'their' money. ;)

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can win a little bit of freeroll money playing poker online , but I'm definitely a big loser when using cash to but lotto tickets .Those huge prizes that build up keep luring me back in .

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Although these seem like similar occupations, a professional poker player sounds proud, while a professional lottery player sounds like a madman taking his last frying pan to a pawn shop :D:D

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
You can at least win something in poker, whilr lottery just takes all your money

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The way I look at it is that they are both things that people do for enjoyment, entertainment, and in the hopes that they will win. I might use $140.00 to enter a poker tournament, while another person might buy a ticket to watch the Red Sox or the Patriots. We both spent our money on something that we enjoy, and that is really what it is all about.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
It's good to keep in mind that in poker you don't just depend on luck to win, you need skill and strategy!
So what kind of skill and/or strategy would you suggest for FLIP tournaments :unsure:

Joining one second before the event starts (so new table would open and you are the only one in it) or what ?!?

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the lottery is just luck. no enjoyment for me, i prefer poker to have my kicks

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
A person who tells you that without knowing the game is simply someone not worth arguing with. There is no doubt that you have many more chances of winning at poker than at the lottery. Because as you said in the message it depends mostly on your ability as well as luck.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The lottery is a game of chance, but poker is different because you have to study and practice a lot to achieve good winning results.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t think lottery fans can be called players at all. A player is someone who has some skills, but the lottery does not require any skills.

Luca Santos

Luca Santos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
How much do you think skill influences each of the modalities?

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There is a man here in my neighborhood who places bets on the lottery every week and has never won anything good at least until that exact moment, but he thinks that playing poker has no future and that we spend money on it.
One day I told him that I won a micro poker tournament that earned me almost 300 dollars and he told me that it was simply luck and I also told him that I had stayed many times and went to small tournaments.
He said again that this was luck but wait a minute, he places lottery bets every week in search of the luck of one day being awarded kkk!
Anyway, what is the poker player or a lottery bettor more likely to be a winner?
It all depends on the player personally. A poker player depends more on his skills than on luck. A lottery player relies only on luck. Of course, a lottery player may win a jackpot one day and a prospective poker player may not win huge sums of money. And this is certainly possible. So I would advise you to believe in your own abilities and not to pay attention to those players who are lucky today. :cool:;)

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are a breakeven poker player that is much better than being a lottery player.

The lottery is basically the worst odds you can get in all of gaming.

The nice part about the lottery is if you think the government is good at making investments then you are giving them money to do so.

If you think the government is bad at making investments then its extra horrible.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi I think playing poker because you can control and improve the game, you need to practice a lot and training as much you can win.

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
A poker player for sure, the lottery depends on a lot, a lot and a lot of luck..
Poker depends only on you.

R

Reginaldo Gois

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Today poker is considered a mental sport, so if you delve deeper into your studies the results will come.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
both are luck, but poker u can beat it lottery is all about luck
so poker player for sure u can´t rely on lottery tickets to earn money

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Lottery is luck but poker is partly skill and partly luck. You should decide what is better for you.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For good results in poker, we need luck in addition to skills and experience. We don't really need skills or experience to play the lottery, because actually everything will be decided by our luck. Therefore, I believe that skillful and experienced poker players have more chances to achieve the desired "adequate" result.

Trismegisto

Trismegisto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
poker player of course, because you can learn to use the odds at your favour

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What skill, technique, knowledge, patience has a lottery bettor, just an addiction and hope of one day maybe recovering all the money he invested, in most people who play, expect to win to live without doing anything, my father always said, what comes easy goes away much easier and sometimes with problems, I prefer the world of poker

MARIANARDES2022

MARIANARDES2022

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
The lottery doesn't have the same thrill as poker. That's why poker is in your head.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker is a game of skill we can play to enjoy. Lottery is hoping somehow it is your lucky day. Ill take poker every time.