What is Your Goal When Playing Poker?

X

xbursonicx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got interested in poker due to watching twitch streams by Jason Somerville. By now i've watched lots of streams by different streamers but never really tried playing myself. But recently (several weeks ago) I finally decided to start playing. For now I have pretty small goals: build bankroll from freerolls (enough to play sng with minimal buy-in) and study the game. What to do next depends on the success in achieving that goal.

debriz

debriz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many poker players do not have a one goal when start poker,what would be your goal?
some say they are only playing poker for relaxing moments, and have no goals or dreams of being a great poker player,I play poker for more than 9 years, and I really like this game, after all you put your mind to work at every turn, to know what your opponent has, in the end you even look like a master of the divinations
many say poker is only lucky, others say poker is strategy, and some say poker is just a game where you're stolen all the time,I believe poker is the 3 things at once
It's lucky when you won whit nothing
It's strategy when you play correctly and win
it's theft when everything seems to work, but at the end comes the wrong and you fail
some call it stealing, I call it variance of the game

And you, what do you think of all this?
I want to develop my read on my opponents at the table and also my bluff skills.

caterina12

caterina12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My goal in poker is simple to make money .. sincer,

M

master_123Ru

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Я играю в покер, потому что я люблю покер, я не знаю, как выразить это чувство...
И урок, который я извлекаю из покер-бесценно.

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ff

My goal is to enjoy the game and win .Sometimes it is not easy to win a tournament but the fun of 1st prize is the best.

gocho2009

gocho2009

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my goal is to enjoy and make money

lezhnindima

lezhnindima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the process of the game, excitement

I

izuher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The edge is so small that only very experienced people who have played poker for a long time (in my opinion) can understand this,
At the bottom of the game, since I'm a beginner, my goal is to learn the essence of poker

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like competions and when Im good in something I perfer,and poker iss my hobby....

T

TinskiM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The goal is money, besides that it is really fun,

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ответ

To knock out of the game more than players to collect more chips.:icon_king

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
To understand risk in and out of poker in my real life.

To enjoy what I do for a living. :D

To never work for anyone, never be a 'brand' unless I own that brand. Very important to me to be free as possible in a society that has laws to obey.

OI7TuMuCT

OI7TuMuCT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the process of the game - the emotions that I get =) And it does not matter whether I won or lost (I'm lying, it's important xD)

Andrei Lisovets

Andrei Lisovets

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker of course to win, a lot of money, investing at least my own, it's like a sport the main victory !!!!

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My goal is to win the game at least final table

AshK44

AshK44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To continue improving my poker knowledge and skills and keep enjoying it as much as I always have is my goal while playing poker.

Samsonate

Samsonate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wanna improve my game, have fun and for sure end with a profit! :D

S

seanbee01

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to go in it to win it otherwise there is no point, like mystic mac says :p im not here to take part im here to take over.

B

bravissim0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My goal in poker is to win a lot of money and never work again

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Win a few bucks. And have a good time.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play because the game is fun, the chance of winning/loosing money makes it MORE fun, and its somehting i can improve on which is nice

bekel285

bekel285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My goal is always to win. Also to play the best poker and to improve my skills as a player.

C

CoreyCA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My goal is to keep up my skills good and play like a pro.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a poker game, just because I like to think while playing! I want to get inside the mind of your opponent and understand his thoughts. And when I win against a strong opponent, then I was able to be successful at this moment ! Of course, I dream of becoming a strong player and playing at a major tournament with famous players, feel their strength!

B

boonvech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love playing games especially board game like checker and chess. For cards game poker is my favorite game and start to play with cash game for years. Recently i found that playing poker is not only cash game but tournament have many things to learn and practice to improve skill. My target is to build up thousands $ bank roll soon.