What Psychological Problems Do You Have in Poker?

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My only problem is when everything goes so well, you can almost see it coming to you. Then, you look at your odds, and you feel good because it says that your opponent has 5% of winning that, we would say only ONE card can save him, and put you out. And so comes the river...and you see that one card...and then...well, get out of my way now.

A

abbershey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FEAR and irritation depression. I am tight with my money so when i am playing poker i tend to let fear get the advantage of me and this takes away the fun of the game and adds stress causing tight play and loss of opportunity. I have also noticed that if there is someone around that irritates me i tend to do badly. I also noticed that if i win and then lose the winnings i get depressed as i start to think about how i could have spent that money. The thing is a enjoy playing and if i am winning i do not want to stop and if i am losing i want get the money back. I have to work on a more stable playing style. I need to take the money out of it some how.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problems are standard, as most players - a surge of emotion from losing with the maximum strong combination ! Tilt my problem!

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One of the problems that I have is overconfidence. Therefore, for myself, I concluded that overconfidence should be based on my real abilities.

H

hookmeout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lack of proper patience. Tilt when I get bored. Sticking to strategy sometimes

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I have a problem that the same situation happens right away after it happens. You can see that situation happening one every say twenty freerolls. But it starts happening every tournament. You bet that situation thinking this time your do and boom the same result. It seems more like a pattern then random. Patterns are better with chess, checkers or majah. With majah dont you just match the special symbols to get the snapper rather then always having slick over queen jack. Hard enough to get that situation then get it again right away. Why the hell don't you get slick for one, For two why does the jack queen always lose. and three why does it happen so often. Maybe this is a good situation for you to wonder about. I would just like to play poker.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Long ago when I started playing poker, Tilt and fear were the biggest problem I think the situation with these problems has improved a lot now. Nowadays, I have the most problem with motivation.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm too sensivitive and because of it I get really upset or getting tilted fast if I lose. Also, not keeping BRM and huge desire to always win at the end of the session. If I lose even a 25c I'ma grind till I'll be on profit even though I understand that you can't win always on poker. Maybe there's more but these are the major ones.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think i sometimes call them when i know they have it... But you still wanna see if you were right... it might not be a lot of chips but still giving them the chips when in your head you know you're good by folding but something tells you to make sure you're right. Should still work on that it doesn't happen often but sometimes in deepruns.

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"If you can't defeat your demons, you can just stop being their slave"
How to deal with psychological problems?
Share your experience.
I started listening to calm music during games, I notice that I started to play more confidently and not worry about losing.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think that birds I get carried away by the nerves and make mistakes of novice

D

D1ieg0

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When a player calls a big raise with a bad hand like 10-5 of and he won. Or when I had 96% of probabilities of winning and the only card that saves the other player save him ohhhhhh.... After that I play almost every hand and I lose everything.

Sorry about my English, I'm not an English writer or speaker...

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play in freerolls and get to the top 10, I get jitters and fear is wrong and then I lose.

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My mindset about poker sometimes sucks, and my bankroll managment is trash haha

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
everyone gets angry when they lose, but I say there are some people who better control their emotions and after leaving the table what is very encouraging to become a professional player.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Lazyness, unpatience, few focus and (it may seem incredible) overgaming.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes when I play in live tournaments I have a hard time understanding why there is so many bad players and it annoys me.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My biggest problem is to face a defeat in my way of thinking, "very unfair". I lost big pots in the last card, with 98% chance of winning. After this defeat, I play for bigger amounts and I end up losing everything several times. It is my challenge to improve.

Slav4obaby

Slav4obaby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tild and lack of motivation from time to time :D

cleder7

cleder7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately I have been very scared during the games, entering the pot with only very strong hands. post-flop I have a hard time maintaining posture and facing medium-sized hands. I need to improve this, otherwise I will lose a lot ...

W

west28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
loosing its a psychological problem, where I like to win back the loosing money, and it never works. Then I like to head to the baccarat tables and gamble even more to win back the loosing money which ends up in even loosing more or 6 times of what I had lost before I played baccarat.

M

Mustafajones

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My issue is frustration mostly. I don't understand why it takes 120 seconds for people to decide to call, fold, or raise! it really gets under my skin! I try to work thru it but if I go on tilt that's the reason why not suck-outs!

now the second issue goes with the first. once I am frustrated with waiting I get bored and make dumb decisions!

Does anyone else go through that?

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m a little really upset when I play in a good tournament and already get into the prize zone and a good card comes to me and another player gets the last card an even better combination and he knocks me out of the tournament and I get angry why my card isn’t good play and I can not go further in the tournament and win a good amount!