What are the main reasons for you to end a poker session?

S

Schrubbler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you start realizing you make not thought through actions... Then your game starts going down and you are just donating your money. So definetly quit when your tilting etc

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I lose concentration.

W33dzLov3r

W33dzLov3r

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
This is an issue that will soon post my reasons here but first I would like to know yours.

For me, distractions of my full attention like girlfriend or candidates(I`m a recruiter) :)
Besides those, if I get lucky enough to play without distractions, when I feel tired and make bad decisions I soon have a stop from playing, so I get out of everything and for at least 2h I don`t play any kind of games or poker :):D

allinraw

allinraw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually end a poker session in cash live play 1-2 when I have came up at least $500 or so..lately its been tough to get up when im ahead tho..self discipline is something Im trying to work on..

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main reason is tiredness all have to have a good Grinde cycle should go a maximum of 12 hours if we think of online tournaments 15 minutes blind and you have a good survival in the game

But minimal play is 1.5 hours then the ideal of each session whether long or short is to establish an input period of an hour or two hours and then play with dedication in tournaments that are surviving

:jd4:mateuspoker

T

TDTODDY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know it's time to leave when I'm calling just to amuse myself. Oh and when I'm out of the stake money for the day.

J

Jai_R

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once I see I'm possibly playing on tilt or the tables have turned for me. Especially if it is cash games. Tourney's... of course you have to go through whatever. Smart play and taking a break helps me to refresh.

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I,m tired or getting my behind kicked. somedays you just cant win then it'time to go talk to the wife you know your having a bad day:rolleyes:

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I limit myself to a certain amount of buy-ins, if I don’t lose that I play until a set timeframe or when I’m just playing bad

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is an issue that will soon post my reasons here but first I would like to know yours.
hi hi
when i end my sessions... well i play mostly MTT so i either end by
1) getting busted out
2) winning

i most always bust out and hit the showers lol

guineasqueak

guineasqueak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are truth and rumors to the idea that Chinese-style open-face poker is even crazier than Western-style PLO.

I certainly believe it. Many all-stars from the past 10-15 years have moved to Macau and surrounding regions. There, they are waiting for the Chinese businessmen and related high-rollers.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
There is a saying:
"The game ends when it finishes"
You should never lose faith in you and your game
You never knows what cards come thru and maybe you can recover
Thats It
Rgds

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
When I am tired ,bored or on tilt .Its when I want to stop specially when I feel tired.When I have obligations things to do that time .When I have no clue what I should play just not in the mood for playing

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think poker session termination due to health problem ...

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main reason i stop a poker session is if I get to many bad beats or my mind it not into it. So if my mind is not into poker i will stop and maybe play some online game. If i'm not into that then i just shut down my computer.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well I usually avoid playing tired or out of time to end the session.These are two reasons not to play

S

Sick_Wolf11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say to many losses. Its not good to play tilted.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first reason and the main too big loss of money, also not a little important fatigue, and technical reasons.

shane4050

shane4050

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when your on the tilt, lost cash limit for the day. i always try to set my buy in for 10 games a day. depending. the other day i hit 5 out of 5 1$ spin and go's lost a 6th 25c one and called it a session for afew hours.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I know I am tilting then I know I need to end my session. Most often though, it just becomes a matter of whether I can focus. Sometimes your attention span is shot and you just need to stop before you make bad decisions that you normally would avoid.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to play tired. So when I start making really dumb decisions I know its time to quit.