What are the main reasons for you to end a poker session?

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play single table tournaments and my session ends when I play the required number of tournaments! I can finish earlier only if I feel not in optimal condition

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1- I'm not playing well
2- I'm tired
3- I achieved my goal within the specific session

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Number 1 reason ....

Went Busto ....

W

west28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually stop when I am running really bad and seems that the bad beats are going to keep going. also when I am really tire and feeling like a dog do to all the bad beats. I also end up my sessions early if all the tournaments I sign up for are done or I am either busted.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quitting online vs quitting live, friendly game

Online, I vary my time span; usually play while my bankroll is still there, and I'm not on a really bad run of luck.

Live, weekly friendly game.its a set time: after, 2 hours, we have the last hand, limits off, anything goes.

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Then, when I'm very tired or when I feel that I'm making mistakes and starting to lose. At this point, I just do not play to rest and, with new forces and light intelligence, start playing again.

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, the main factor in this issue is playing time, this is advice given to me by strong players who play plus. Because winning or losing should not affect the time in the game.
An exception is the situation when at the table you see very weak players who “give” you money. This is about cash games.
When I play in a tournament, everything is limited by the schedule of distances per month, which means 4 tables per day for mtt/10 tables per day for sng.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I usually finish the game when the tournament ends !!! if I play not a tournament then when I feel tired then I finish the game !!!

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stop Playing When

When playing at cash tables I will leave that table when I have won or lost a certain % of what I brought to the table. That way I never get hurt that bad and if winning I do leave with some $$-- To many times I have extended my stay at a table and have lost all I won plus some. Once I reach that % Iwill move to another table.

Just what words for me.:)

Tvorets

Tvorets

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My reasons for completing poker session is:

1) Fatigue

2) The tilde

luispino88

luispino88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll empty or fatigue

or both

haha

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I always stop playing when my bank manager phones or knocks on my door with a rather worried look on his face. :afraid:

Seriously though,
When I’m tired and need my beauty sleep (yes, need a lot of that now). :sleep:
When I have lost my buy-in (I rarely reload).
And sometimes, when I have had two or three monster hands, run down in quick succession with rubbish. I say “yea right” and hit the exit button. :pcguru:

Actually, my bank manager is a friend and is always good to me (got to say that, haven’t I). I only play for entertainment and the levels that I play, does not worry the bank manager or me.

Last edited:
frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I quit when the deck turns against me we have all been there when your playing and you know the other guy is going to get there no matter what:rolleyes:

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I stop playing if I have several losses in a row.

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Generally stop if that tilting feeling pops up its head.

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ending of the all MTTs, which I entered...

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can have several different reasons like:

1. You are tired
2. You are tilted
3. You lost too much money already
4. You won some money and do not want to loose them
5. You have anything else that needs to be done

I personally play in the evenings after work so in most cases my reason to stop is that i am tired and i need to go to sleep so that i can get up in the morning to go to work. :)

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing tired is usually no go for me though sometimes i do anyway then.... lol. basically end a session if ur not running well after a few tries or dont play when you´re tired. good luck!

nera75

nera75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you notice the following actions:

Play more hands than usual.
You often bluff without good reason (both preflop and postflop).
Feel hopeless that you can not win a single bank.
Make bad calls on the river, knowing that you need to fold.
That chances are that you are in tilte. In this case, you need to immediately terminate the session.

Trying to keep playing with gritted teeth will usually be a bad idea for most people and can turn into even greater losses. You simply will not have a clear logical thinking, you will play C, D or even F-game.

If it seems to you that you are tilting, then most likely the way it is.

Cover the tables immediately. The game won't get anywhere from you if you come back tomorrow.

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are times I play so many hours a day that my head starts to hurt ... I suppose I should be thinking so much so I realize that it is time to close

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When the table goes bad, or when I'm no longer able to play a good enough game to beat the table.