What helps you prepare to play your A-game?

Popescu97

Popescu97

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
For poker tournaments or freerols from CardsChat I'm prepared with water(don't drink when you want to play long games),snacks,always mental prepared for cash tournaments and also "read" the players from the tables and notice them every hand,that's my behavior

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi
I don't have any special training for the game. I only play online, and for me poker is primarily entertainment. It's always difficult to find time to play, and that's why I don't have time for any preliminary preparation. If I see that I have a more or less free evening, I know that I will have a good time playing in my favorite tournaments.

C

Cookiemonster19

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
LV
Chips
A good night of sleep with a nice breakfast and sometimes I also enjoy to take my time put some music on background or even meditate. Just puts my mind in the right place and calms my nerves. I feel like I'm not making the best decisions when I'm in a rush or didn't had enough time to prepare.

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Depends on the game I am playing.
League game: supper done, wine chilled and glass ready.
Day to day poker: make sure I have free time and just sit down and play.
Major tourney: (online or live) good night sleep, well fed with brain food, meditation.

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me correspond to what you'll win in the game or tournament. Or for example, the CC league when I see that all the team wants really to win the league, and not just having a good time, I give it all.

I must admit that the bigger the prize is, the more concentrated and relaxed I am, trying to put working the A+ game.

Spielkind

Spielkind

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be patient, concentrate and no alcohol

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use to take a power nap before the session and sometimes a gym training too

ODRAGD3

ODRAGD3

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
To play poker you only need time, know that a tournament can last 5 to 8 hours! be well fed forget about distractions like music or talking to someone or being on the phone

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Forgoing everything else. I can't control the cards or players. I have to mentally ready, meaning I'm ready to play with no doubts about what I'm about to do. Also no distractions, be rested, hydrated and a healthy meal before hand.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Having the right state of mind is the key at least for me.
If I'm too anxious, angry, tired, or my thoughts are completely somewhere else, the best +EV move is to stay away from games.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What helps me prepare before starting the online poker game is when I can focus when I'm alone. I don't like noise or talking to anyone when I'm playing poker. Full concentration while playing poker is very effective for me.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To play my A game, I have to be focused.
I tend to be on the ADHD side of things at times so it's tuff.
Sometimes I catch myself with TV on, second computer screen on You Tube, cell phone in hand, and playing with something on my desk.
To get to the A game , I have to turn all of that extra stuff off and just have the poker game on.
If I do that I can focus and play my A game.

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I think being in a good mood, having eaten a meal, being rested, etc.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
Coffee helps me prepare for the game :)
I play poker in the evenings, after work, sometimes I'm quite tired, but if the desire to play overcomes the fatigue, coffee is a great way to cheer me up.
Good luck :)

Bummy

Bummy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I usually don't prepare much for a game if it's online. I just want to play and I choose exactly what it will be, if it's a tournament, I look at what it is and then I decide what I need: snacks, water, or maybe finish things off.
If it is a live game at home, then you must have a snack, everyone has something to drink depending on their wishes, and prepare a place for the game.

Falzee

Falzee

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The short answer to the question for me is 'Concentration', I prefer quiet play without interruption, which is quite difficult. It seems that my dogs know when I'm playing, and while they lay around most of the day, they always come around to be taken out (or petted, or something else) during poker sessions!

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
A cup of coffee and a daily dose of word puzzles.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to be relaxed before playing.
So, a couple of hours before the game, I ride my bicycle or swim a long time to expel the negative vibes.
Then, during about 30 minutes, I read the book that I have in progress in order to complete the relaxing strategy.
And then I offer myself a short drink which is supposed to remove my poker inhibitions and wide my range :LOL:
And finally... I pray Lady Variance :ROFLMAO:

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do everything to approach the game with a good and fighting spirit. It can be walking or anything else related to the accumulation of positive energy.

M

Misanthrop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Having the best hand definetly helps a lot :D

Otherwise: unfortunately I don't have an A-game :(

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Study,good sleep,exercise,rotine and good food

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I have a small note with the mistakes I have just written down, I read them over so that I become aware of them during the session.
I move around a bit, I make water for myself.
I don't have a particular routine when I'm live.

Top 10 Games