What got you into poker?

A

aaa.

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CL
Chips
In my case, I was at the airport with a friend and we had to wait around 14 hours due to our flight being delayed. Luckily for us, he had a complete poker set with cards and chips, lots of them. We played for a long time and some people even joined our game. It was certainly an experience I won’t forget.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In my case, I was at the airport with a friend and we had to wait around 14 hours due to our flight being delayed. Luckily for us, he had a complete poker set with cards and chips, lots of them. We played for a long time and some people even joined our game. It was certainly an experience I won’t forget.
It was a live group game for me as well. I prepared for it by playing for play money on pokerstars. I had never played poker before, but had seen a little bit of it on TV with the Poker After Dark series. I got cold decked in that game, but it got me hooked.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My father's prohibition, he played and didn't want me to learn, and since everything forbidden is good, I went to learn

S

Styx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
I play because my friends do, and it caught my attention. Plus, you can make some money in the process

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
the students were. my friends were playing, and I decided to try it and got stuck))

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have always had an Interest in Games, Chess, Monopoly, Risk, and many types of Card games. Poker always Fascinated me, From the Stud and Draw games you always saw in Westerns, and when Texas Holdem started to be shown on late night TV I became Hooked.

RhinoRyan89

RhinoRyan89

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I had a love for card games before finding poker and even before being old anuff to play poker.

From playing card games like Fish, Rummy and Patience with my Grandmother.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Cool. This once again proves the fact that sometimes a poker set can be very useful, even on a deserted island :) ;)

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I came to poker from a YouTube video and watched a video on YouTube and liked the game after which I downloaded the game and tried to play it myself. After playing for a while, I was also very interested in playing this game and then started playing on a regular basis and trying to make money

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started playing with friends and then I got interested in poker and I've never been able to stop and since then I've always tried to improve and be as profitable as possible.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
TV westerns are what got me interested in it. When I was growing up during the late 1950s and 60s there were a lot of westerns on television. On those shows there were many saloon scenes, and in those scenes more often or not someone would be playing poker. My mother had taught me at an early age to play gin rummy and cribbage. So when I got to be ten or eleven and mentioned that I'd like to learn how to play poker, she and my father were happy to do it. :)

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One day I was bored with nothing to do, then I thought I'm going to download a card game to play, then I saw this poker game and it was love at first sight

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I knew Poker from old western movies from my childhood. But I didn't know the rules. I began to understand a little more in Mel Gibson's film Maverick. But I didn't develop an interest because I didn't understand the dynamics of the game and thought it was just another game of chance. Then I came across a play money recreational poker App on Facebook. I started playing, I understood the game, I fell in love and when the pandemic arrived and that free time and the obligation to stay at home... all of this together led me to PokerStars...
The rest of the story I think everyone already knows... lol

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I was at a barbecue at a friend's house playing truco, a card game. When a friend's brother arrived and invited her to play poker, we accepted and explained the rules to us and started playing!

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
My family poker tournament every christmas. we have an engraved trophy and everything.

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Great, good story. Who won? Played for money?

iceheart888

iceheart888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
The feeling that poker gives you when you try to read your opponent.

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
just for entertainment and hopefully get some money back

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have been playing poker for about 7 years now. My friends taught me how to play. We had a lot of free time and poker turned out to be a great activity. Currently, poker is the only game I play and it is my favorite hobby.

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
My boyfriend taught me how to play about 4 or 5 years ago and from then on I haven't stopped playing and trying to improve.