What Bothers You the Most When Playing?

N

nyolcas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play freerolls and micro tournaments. I hate to play against the gamblers because it's hard to determine when they have weak or strong cards. The players which are going allin in every round and increasing their stack with low quality hands are really bothering me.

E

ELDONKOII

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
always the phone or the door going in the middle of a tournament ...it can really destroy your concentration ,i dont like being disturbed when i am playing,and usually now i put my hedphones on and ignore everything :)

kabrouto22

kabrouto22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
always the phone or the door going in the middle of a tournament ...it can really destroy your concentration ,i dont like being disturbed when i am playing,and usually now i put my hedphones on and ignore everything :)

Yeah the ringbell can be a pain in the arse.Dont do it too much cuz once i ordered pizza and i was playing and the delivery guy kept ringin the bell and eventually he left. :) So no more headphones for me :)

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
When the combination you expect does not appear!!!!!!

E

erysett

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate when my phone rings and my friends call me to go to party but i need to stay at home and play poker :(

I`ve lost so many tournaments after playing couple of hours because someone calling me and i speak on the phone without to pay attention to the game anymore

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hate it when my computer overheats and reboots. I have found that some poker software (IronPoker in particular) is much more demanding on my computer. On tables, I guess people that slow down the game are the most frustrating for me.

4soul

4soul

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when my girlfriend say to me we must go somewhere after 5 min that i registered into a session mtts...

123bird

123bird

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Worst thing that happens to me is when my internet connection goes bad and the green bar appears trying to find a connection!And trust me i get that a lot and its so frustrating!:(
And the worst thing is when the connection comes back it feels like i am loosing my pace and my cool i had so far at the tournament i was playing.As a result i feel vulnerable don't know why but i get that every time...
And when my dog comes over and knocks his head on my feet :) but i love him so its not that bad!

I hate that as well! but 3/4/5 things that what really tick me of is!
1- go all in best hand,then some donk calls with (eg)2-8 & gets lucky(happens a lot on jokerstars & full tilt)can cop it if i'm the caller.
2-getting rivered when in lead all way
3-getting beat by 4 or 5 card straight/flush(most times on river)
4-when dickheads take their full time plus time bank to call,specially when its start of tourney & been no raises
5-#Hypocrites! call you a donk eg how'd play that hand, then they go & do same thing but that's OK cause they did it or THEY SAY BUT THEY WERE #SUITED

and1tiger

and1tiger

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am most concerned about the integrity of online poker. I think poker off the best time of transmittal and earning a living.

Stevan

Stevan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Couple times i had net problems too but what bothers me the most are ''lucky players'' . Yesterday i was all in with aces pre-flop and guy called me with Q 9, and the flop was 7,8,10 and river 6. These kinda things don't happen every time in live poker. It maybe happens in 1:500 or something( don't know really)

B

bronc_busted

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting sucked out on has to be number one. Being ahead the whole time and somebody hits runner runner on you then laughs about it. I'm mad thinking about it. I'm so mad I could spit.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the internet the kids always learn new cursewords:p:D

crusinnn

crusinnn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What bothers me the most is my ability to overthink a situation. I treat everyone like a pro when playing and sometimes I'm playing a fish when I know he has crap cards and is bluffing, I second guess myself putting the guy on a throne thinking it's his key move for his master plan to throw me off his game to when the guy doesn't even know wtf he's doing.lol

Last edited:
vita087

vita087

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
internet slow and tables when they switched hahaha lol

C

CSINSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate it when ace rag beats my kings.

I don't play many MTT's so the thing that really gets me is when I get lucky & run good & at the most inopportune time my internet goes out.

N

NicoSalazar7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For my part I hate that poker occupy us so long in life, in a big tournament normally can be five hours sitting , as both can be long and not win anything, or when I 'm on a trip to some drink and look back to the computer and did not reach and had a AA is the most terrible lol

excuse my translation , I do not understand English

S

seghill

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most annoying nowadays is when playing freerolls or low value and some idiot (learner) uses maximum time on every call - deliberately to bore me to death.

N

NicoSalazar7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The worst thing that happens to me in poker is when you have a winning hand and there comes a guy with bigger stack and almost no chance to win , and win, with a lousy hand.
Another moment is when I drop the connection with good hands.

Excuse my translation , I do not understand English

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most annoying nowadays is when playing freerolls or low value and some idiot (learner) uses maximum time on every call - deliberately to bore me to death.

Oh my gosh YES. I do have a hard time keeping it together sometimes when people are taking so long, especially when they run out their time back or eat into it more than a couple seconds on a preflop decision that's NOWHERE near the bubble!

D

Doggie55

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Software Cheats

I never knew about software cheats until I played online poker...
A friend of my Brothers who is a software engineer at IBM told me how it works.
Once the cards are dealt the software kicks in, and at this time you can see each players cards. And you can also see the flop cards and the turn and river cards.

He said that is why you will see a player with 8-2 off, and you may have 3 of a kind on the flop. Now you know this guy should have fold his hand, but he knows he will beat your hand on the river...
He did tell me a player can not use it all the time or he can get caught, they can tell if a player is winning to much.

Last edited:
Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once the cards are dealt the software kicks in, and at this time you can see each players cards. And you can also see the flop cards and the turn and river cards.

He said that is why you will see a player with 8-2 off, and you may have 3 of a kind on the flop. Now you know this guy should have fold his hand, but he knows he will beat your hand on the river...
He did tell me a player can not use it all the time or he can get caught, they can tell if a player is winning to much.

Wh...what the ****?! Is this real? Can anyone, you know, corroborate this? Because it would explain some things...

Aceplayer55

Aceplayer55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TimovieMan

TimovieMan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sites only send you your hand, they dont send you other ppl's hole cards, so this cant be done.
^ This.

I say your "friend" is trying to scam you into buying his bogus software.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

This friend of your brother is full of shit, unless he can back this statement up with more than "I know it to be true".

There are bad programs, and the possibility of someone exploiting situations that can be exploited is very real. But I have never heard of this happening - the situation you describe above - except for the "famous" one. And, as far as I know, that happened once (albeit for, to me, an unknown amount of time, so "once" means one situation from beginning to end) at one site.

A software engineer at IBM. Ask him for proof of what he says.

I call bullshit.