What is the best poker advice you have ever recieved?

Animylgamer

Animylgamer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NEVER make a deposit on the "most popular" FLOTD (flavor of the day) poker site for two reasons:

1. The client's "random" number generator WILL suck you out on each and every hand.

2. There is always some idiot that runs a third party "card tracker" that don't know $#!^ about using the damn thing that will suck you out on the river 99% of the time.

ACR/BCP just did a recent "update" and anyone that is someone (that knows how to use a poker tracker properly is exploiting this bug) and is playing all their cards like a first year online poker player that dont know $#!^ about position and strength betting...

FACT!!!

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NEVER make a deposit on the "most popular" FLOTD (flavor of the day) poker site for two reasons:

1. The client's "random" number generator WILL suck you out on each and every hand.

2. There is always some idiot that runs a third party "card tracker" that don't know $#!^ about using the damn thing that will suck you out on the river 99% of the time.

ACR/BCP just did a recent "update" and anyone that is someone (that knows how to use a poker tracker properly is exploiting this bug) and is playing all their cards like a first year online poker player that dont know $#!^ about position and strength betting...

FACT!!!

sounds more like a post for the megathread ;)

If you play Cash - never leave it for playing MTT.If you play MTT - never leave it for playing Cash.

i like this one and i also believe in this one also :D

best advice i ever heard poker related was........."it depends" :D

E

eudaimonia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"It's hard to make a pair." Antonio Esfandiari. Those six words improved my game overnight. I then proceeded to burn all my poker books. The smores were fantastic.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Know when to walk away. Know when to run.

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
W.C. Fields: Never give a sucker an even break.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, you are the sucker. Matt Damon - rounders.

steved757

steved757

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You've got to know when to hold 'em. Know when to fold 'em. Know when to walk away. Know when to run - Kenny Rogers