Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What annoys me the most are the aggressive donkeys who are lucky.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Losing, is number 1.

Losing on the river #2.

Losing to a flush hand, when you are holding a really good hand, and the winner has 1 of the flush cards in his hand, and it's a 2-3-or 4. ...#3.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am bothered most by players that do not play with acquired skill, instead they go all in with any two cards and blow up better players game. I hate when bingo players hit with garbage and take me out of a tourney. The worst thing is it even happens in tourneys like the Sunday million, most frustrating!

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When the fish keep getting lucky and they seem unbeatable because of it.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What bothers me the most in poker is when I keep losing and only losing instead of winning.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really hate opponents that will not fold and suck out after I raise the best hand in position.

How do you deal with this?

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
What annoys? But of course when losing! It is annoying!

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything mentioned above. It kind of helps to read how many other people get annoyed by the same things.
But I know it won't help me cope the next time it happens.

Also, something I didn't notice anyone had mentioned is when I fold a marginal hand like 78 suited to a raise and call before me and then it hits big time.

Or I fold A4 suited and it makes the nut flush on the turn and there's heaps of action on the river cos one player has a str8 and the other has trips or something. That upsets me.

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What annoys me the most is that it’s getting close to the bubble, but when there is still a period of time, many short codes will start to drag time

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The bad runs, specially when you start to lose frequently with good hands to bad cards and loose players.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The only thing that can annoy me is a bad internet connection. :D

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me what bothers me the most is playing at a table where I've just tagged every player I know who bluffs, and who plays and suddenly changes tables.
Now you more players to tag, just in case you run into them again in a different game.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I received AK 5 times in 10 minutes, not a single hand win something, and it is not luck I know it is something else. regards.
it's called 'small sample size' and 'variance'.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate losing the critical flips deep in a tournament :( , I don't mind if they outplay me and all of that but it hurts when I lose the flips I am ahead preflop.
As an mtt player, I agree that this does suck when it happens but keep in mind getting your stack in as the favorite means you win more often in the long run. Your decisions is more important than the results.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am most annoyed by bingo players. Those players who play with junk and sincerely believe that sometimes they are lucky due to their skills and experience. There are many such players.
And they're the reason why poker is so profitable.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gamblers are my kryptonite. Allin gamblers in torunaments and getting my AK beaten by one of them going in with 72o getting trip 2. AAAARghhhhhh!
72 is winning ~30% of the time against ak. Trip 2s are irrelevant in all-in preflop situations.

Annoying, but also very profitable in the long run.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general, poker brings me only positive emotions. But I am very upset if I make mistakes. Usually, my mistakes are what irritate me the most.
I can understand this. My advice is to make sure you're actually looking at a error in your decision making and not being result oriented.

A decision error might be overplaying 22 for 40 bbs on the bubble because you tried to 3bet bluff preflop and got caught up trying to represent a big hand. Being result oriented is you 3bet jam with AK for 15 bbs effective, get called by AQ, and bubble an mtt.

In the first example, you made poor decisions throughout the hand. In the second, you made the best play and got your money in good, but still lost. In the latter example, losing with the best hand on the bubble isn't an error.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The thing that annoys me the most is "bingo players" Even at money tables they appear LOL The annoying thing is at times as they play their "rags" they win

Oh Well Part of poker online I guess

GL All :D
If a player has any equity, they have a chance to win. Just remember that more equity will win more often in the long run and 'bingo' players is how majority of your profit is made.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What annoys me the most are the aggressive donkeys who are lucky.
Being aggressive gives them 2 ways to win the hand. Maybe 3 ways?
  • getting people to fold better hands
  • having the best hand by the river
  • having a worse hand, then improving
In the end, aggression works.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am bothered most by players that do not play with acquired skill, instead they go all in with any two cards and blow up better players game. I hate when bingo players hit with garbage and take me out of a tourney. The worst thing is it even happens in tourneys like the Sunday million, most frustrating!
Are you saying you'd rather play people with equal or better skill than you?

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really hate opponents that will not fold and suck out after I raise the best hand in position.

How do you deal with this?
Why would you want them to fold when you have the best hand and have them drawing?

Play to extract max value, learn pot control and how to minimize your losses if they improve.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What annoys? But of course when losing! It is annoying!
What is losing though? Are you talking about losing with hands, losing flips, or losing profits? It all depends on your focus.

Lets see, I've busted out off 340/460 mtts without a cash, I've only made 44/460 final tables, and I've only won 10/460 mtts played. So, you can see that I've 'lost' a lot of times in poker. I've lost a lot of hands and busted out of a lot of mtts. I basically do not cash in 7.4/10 mtts I play. Talk about a loser, right?

But, my roi is +42%, even with all the 'losing' I go through. So, am I a losing player? It would depend on if I'm focused on making profits or winning hands. I like making profits, so if I need to lose 7.4/10 mtts and cash in 2.6/10 to make a profit, then that's a fair trade.

'Losing' hands, flips, situations, mtts, etc doesn't necessarily mean you're a losing player.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
you not only have to be a good winner but also a good loser. When you start to play you already know that you will meet fish or that you will probably lose your best hand against rubbish hands. If you assume that only the best hands will win then you are either new to poker or you are simply a bad loser and you should consider whether poker is really the game you love. Poker is a game where you have to reckon with everything and where you have to adapt. sometimes you lose sometimes you win that's nothing to be annoyed about that is just part of the game just like in any other game there are winners and losers in a game, namely not all of them can be winners. But what is much more important when you look back at the game you played that you can say, I did everything right and next time I will try to do better. Most of the time you don't lose because of fish or people playing garbage, but because you made wrong decisions. And sometimes it's just bad luck.