Tony G on the big game

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm playing poker and announce i have pocket rockets (when I don't) and someone folds kings is that bad etiquitte? Stick to the age old principle of never listen to what your opponent says. You do what you need to win and in this instance Phil fell straight for the trap that Tony set.

B

bigphatmike

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea classic Tony G. this whole show series he is talking everyone into calling/folding. But Phil has played with tony on numerous occasions and knew that tony could have been lying to him. However Phil should have known not to call that 3rd barrel tony doesnt barrell the river witha bluff

blazin321

blazin321

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not posted in a bit, Outstanding performance Mr G! Lol - It's a TV show and brilliant entertainment IMO

KoRnholio

KoRnholio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"of course I lied!"

Pretty much sums it up.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's rather nasty to be honest. I know it's poker and people say "it's poker" but this isn't really poker, it's just a dishonest lie by saying "I haven't looked at my cards"

Phil Hellmuth is spot on with what he says.

The funny thing is, that you can see it on Tony's face as he is supping his drink that's he in the wrong and did something totally unfair..

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
True. He had every opportunity to correct it before it got out of hand. Instead, he decided to reveal his true nature to the world.

What has a man, if not his soul?

-

KoRnholio

KoRnholio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's rather nasty to be honest. I know it's poker and people say "it's poker" but this isn't really poker, it's just a dishonest lie by saying "I haven't looked at my cards"

The funny thing is, that you can see it on Tony's face as he is supping his drink that's he in the wrong and did something totally unfair..

Dishonest, absolutely. Against the rules, technically no. It's a major angle shoot. And from people like Tony G you have to expect that. It's one of the frustrations of playing live poker with people like that.

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Think I agree with this 100%

Top 10 Games