Status
Not open for further replies.
G

glworden

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
exactly...many say they have never seen a royal flush....however, on pokerstars...i have seen 4...with very little play in the last year. all of which have been spades in which i hit the river winning a minimul pot. everytime.

exactly what?

I've seen royal flushes live and online. So what? So you've seen more than your share in a short time. So what? And why would you expect to win more than a minimum pot? With all those big suits out there most opponents will fold. All spades? So what?

If you really think the cards are rigged, you need to stop playing immediately. Why would you ever ever ever play on a rigged site?

VerbalKint

VerbalKint

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
If you`re seriously playing poker, you should be able to win no matter WHAT cards are dealt to you. If you are only playing the cards and not playing the players then you will surely lose in the long run. Not saying you can win with rags all day but the people you play against should require as much attention as which cards you play. Good cards always help though.

goffman73

goffman73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello players,
I've been playing since the beginning of the year, and am wondering how the random card generators work, at both full tilt and Pokerstars. Seems to me, at full tilt, a player seems to be selected beforehand, to have the best hand.......you just have to decide if thats gonna be you. The "random" cards generated, look like they are falling into a pattern which if watched closely enough for, you can almost tell whats going to come up. Its crazy. So just wondering if any of you experienced players have noticed a pattern like this, and is there a link to these sites explaining their method of generating hands? Thanks in advance,

Frank "Pokerhack" D.

Read this http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/features/security/ ,this will tell you about how the deck is shuffled at pokerstars.

Full Tilt http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/random-number-generator

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seriously if there was ever a post needing locking, this is it.

If there were no patterns, it would not be random. If everything happened exactly at the same intervals (ie coin flips go win-lose-win-lose-win-lose-etc.) this would be a case for it not being random. Human brains can not comprehend random and instead look for patterns. Here's an experiment for you, I'll do it for money or just for kicks. Send a mod (or someone we both trust) a series of H's and T's to symbolize a coin. Then we can have the mod/trusted member flip them on their own and record those. They can even flip again to randomize whether yours or the truly random one is on the top or bottom. I would bet a lot of money that I could come up with which one was really the coin and which one was you.

How would I do such a thing? I'd look for patterns. The one with patterns would be the random one. Yep, our view of random seems to be that there are no patterns but the patterns are all in our brains anyway, and the rng doesn't know what a royal flush is, it's just spitting out random numbers.

W

whitebrad25

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
"If you really think the cards are rigged, you need to stop playing immediately. Why would you ever ever ever play on a rigged site?"

lol, i dont think they are rigged? even if you get good cards, you can fold pre flop to an overbet...i was replying to someone else..about being able to notice patterns...so calm down, everything will be ok....i understand that it is poker, and obviously which seat you sit in is a factor as well as simply playing poker, i was just calling my recolections...and besides, many have not seen a royal flush....and online it is mathematical...the odds are real, whereas real life, new cracked deck, hardly shuffled...that could hit as well...and the pots could be big in a royal flush, the lower straight flush, or simply a bet against the odds of a royal flush...but all 4 of the hands were very similar...all im sayin...

W

witl69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it not rigged but it take the fun out of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.