Racism in Poker

L

LL3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know how racism works in online poker, but many times opponents call me f.... Pole

It always amazed me how you hate someone who has done nothing to you...a actual experience at least allow some foundation to base your decision ...but to have no interaction or contact with someone and to just hate for no reason to me is a deep rooted evil and typically something so embedded can not be explained or corrected, however if mankind bands together against anything there is nothing it can't achieve for the good. Understand conquer and divide is a tactic used by a small mass of minds.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
There is no place for racism in poker and also not here in this forum.
Poker is a game of mind and intellect. I am very sure, that an intellectual player will be not a racist. I just don't fit. The rest is just thinking, that they are good at this.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are players online who will throw out N****r when they don't like how you play. I've seen this several times. It is totally unacceptable. I have tried reporting it before. I'm not sure if anything was done. But it is disgusting.

C

crimsonshroud88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you are playing online and have no information on your opponent except his nickname, stack size and country of registration you can use all of this to make some general assumptions.
When you see a guy from Belarus/Poland with 240bb chances are that they are solid regulars.
On the contrary, when you see someone from Australia (for example) with 75 bb with no auto top up...Most likely he is a recreational player.
Moreover, players, in general, are trying to copy playstyles of the strongest ones of their own who stream on twitch or whatever.
So, yeah, it's fine to make some assumptions even by having a look at the opponents' country.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have never experienced any discrimination during playing poker. And I consider that any discrimination is unacceptable. In my belief, all people are equal before God and before the law.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So... "What do YOU PEOPLE think?" about Racism in Poker?

I mean have you felt discriminated against when Playing Poker either online or in live games?

I Know I have...

This Thread is for those who want to release a little tension by airing when they feel they were causally discriminated against while going to Poker Venues or maybe the way they've been treated online (Poker related).

Example: Live poker event wont let me wear my "burka" but every one has hoodies... I'm last to have my bar order taken, Every time "Whats that about?"...

For me one thing that annoys me is Every time I Need to show ID, My British Passport say's "Place of Birth Kitwe" and then the most dumbest question comes next "Are you British?" lol ummm its a British Passport so I'd guest Yes I am!!

Please don't let this thread turn into a mad crazy argument that only Trillian can save me from...

This thread ties into another thread previously live on CardsChat...

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-rooms-10/who-witnessed-cases-offenses-even-racism-351783/

Daniel has some interesting things to say about Racism in Poker too... https://fullcontactpoker.com/how-racist-are-you/

I once played at a table with players from different countries and at my table there was a conversational conflict between players, each other called bad words and insulted that he was from another country where all the bad people but later he calmed down and continued to play, for me there is no racism to other players from different countries, for me all players are worthy rivals in the game where I need to try to win and not insult each other

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you are playing online and have no information on your opponent except his nickname, stack size and country of registration you can use all of this to make some general assumptions.
When you see a guy from Belarus/Poland with 240bb chances are that they are solid regulars.
On the contrary, when you see someone from Australia (for example) with 75 bb with no auto top up...Most likely he is a recreational player.
Moreover, players, in general, are trying to copy playstyles of the strongest ones of their own who stream on twitch or whatever.
So, yeah, it's fine to make some assumptions even by having a look at the opponents' country.

Agreed some assumptions can be made with regards to style, a scale from Donkey to Pro can be used to Box/label a players style but some assumptions sound just too much like "YOU PEOPLE!" lol

Becky Eubanks

Becky Eubanks

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that people who make racist remarks do it to get a reaction or push your buttons, if I don't react then I have ruined it for them and they realize that it won't work on me and it is no longer effective.

I also think some people are way too sensitive and take things the wrong way.

Last but not least, people will treat you however you allow them to, they will "push your buttons" regularly, it doesn't bother me, I just say "Bless your heart" and laugh in their face. Stand up for yourself, call them out, don't allow it !

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the begining of my adventure with online poker ive seen a lot of hate and racism talking when someone lose. I dont see the point to do that kind of thing. On tournaments i have always chat off and im having good fun with playing not talking

bonekeeper

bonekeeper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Racisism is a no go, and should be stopped!

I personally think that not only racisism should be punnished but also all kind of harsh language at the tables!
almost everyday you see people writing stuff that is hurtful, and it should be the responsibility of the gamerooms to take care of this, by either dissable theire chat function or even get a short time out so they can have some time to review theire own behavior!

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Racism is terrible and people who make racist comments live or online should face a life ban.:):):)

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
At the poker table is no racism there is only the players, regardless of their place of residence and vida.Esli it someone else did not understand, he should forget racism forever.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SIMPLE. There is no place for racism ANYWHERE !!!!!!!!

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I Know this isn't an expression of Racism but I was witness to this crazy opponent the other day... bad mouthing another player on the table... I placed the screen shots on twitter and have gained more analytics on that one post than most of the rest I've made...

Wishing Cancer on Opponent...

What is a "Fck Tard"?

D9DumPvXsAAyeMx

D9DuoLjXoAEHWKD

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So... "What do YOU PEOPLE think?" about Racism in Poker?

I mean have you felt discriminated against when Playing Poker either online or in live games?

I Know I have...

This Thread is for those who want to release a little tension by airing when they feel they were causally discriminated against while going to Poker Venues or maybe the way they've been treated online (Poker related).

Example: Live poker event wont let me wear my "burka" but every one has hoodies... I'm last to have my bar order taken, Every time "Whats that about?"...

For me one thing that annoys me is Every time I Need to show ID, My British Passport say's "Place of Birth Kitwe" and then the most dumbest question comes next "Are you British?" lol ummm its a British Passport so I'd guest Yes I am!!

Please don't let this thread turn into a mad crazy argument that only Trillian can save me from...

This thread ties into another thread previously live on CardsChat...

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-rooms-10/who-witnessed-cases-offenses-even-racism-351783/

Daniel has some interesting things to say about Racism in Poker too... https://fullcontactpoker.com/how-racist-are-you/

I have never seen racism at a poker table. People are treated and evaluated by their play. Yes, people are ignorant and don't realize that your British passport means you're from Britain. That's an intelligence problem, not a racial offense. I have never seen anyone denied wearing a burka and maybe your the last to get your bar order taken because you are a lousy tipper or you like to pinch the server's ass every time she comes by. The point is, there are probably legitimate, none race-related reasons for these things.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Theres no place for it anywhere.. But I have really only seen a few incidents in alot of years of playing.. Just my experience

S

SomeOtherDude69

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a border free game. I have never seen racial slurs in poker chat but I have seen the typical raging person calling another a {insert preferential derogatory term}.

This said, it is only typical that it exist. We live in a society with borders, we all like to think we are the best or that the team we are rooting for is the best.
Of course this doesn't excuse acting like an ignorant *****.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
in live poker games not occurred to me ... if I have been attacked with obscenities online in pokerstars example: (argentino de mierda):mad:

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Racism is the stuff of backward people and poor of Spirit. We are just cards in the hands of the creator, as the cards are diverse, and the suits are different, in humans we can not be the same and we never have to be of the same race.

Mati1265

Mati1265

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Racism

I think it's possible that the people is racist in differnt things, but in poker, I have not had a situation of racism. The best option to eliminate this kind of situation is try to talk with the people with patienty, because people talking it's understand.

R

RiverKing422

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this really real?? Racism?? People really do that in the poker rooms wtf...