• Poll closed .
terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad players find excuses. My favorite is `i can`t win because my opponent plays badly`,,,,,HUH? :deal:

vse i sra3y

vse i sra3y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you have the skill, then you can play a plus, if luck is only luck, then you will have good results at the station.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Some players with a very strong card win small pots, and some with an average card are able to win a huge amount !!! It all depends on the skill of the player!

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a symbiosis of skill and luck. One without the other is not working.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lucky can only be the one who has the skill. Value I think 60 skill and 40 luck.

veronica

veronica

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion poker is a game of great mental ability to see our opponents without them realizing .. try to play the caryas in the best way so that our profit is profitable ... luck as in every game and In life itself has to accompany us xq luck goes hand in hand .. from the random of the mind in poker ..

jimmy andres

jimmy andres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi I'm one of those who say that poker is a skill game as I've seen players who make big bluffs show their cards, showing their ability to make others lose and lose their chips.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, the player's skill in poker comes to the fore. Especially for long game distances, where less chances are given good luck and a great role plays the skill.
But luck plays a specific role. Luck in poker is applicable for games at short distances (for example, a turbo tournament, where the blinds increase faster than usual). Here at one moment have to put all-in and count on luck.

L

Lilbrown92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that if it was more luck than ability then there wouldn't be professional poker players. This tells me that it is definitely a game of skill, although it's clear that a certain amount of luck is needed. How much more ability compared to luck it's subjective.

thaysen13

thaysen13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In belgium I think it is legel because it is a skill game. But you need to be lucky.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
For me is about 50% skills and 50% Luck, otherwise all statisticians and math experts will be rich, and that is not the case.
On the other hand, there are levels playing POKER where Skills are very important. as soon as your buying amount increases, the less Bingo players, so skills in those levels are really important I will say 75% Skills, but still some 25% luck or "Variance". :deal:

tilan501

tilan501

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a skill game combined with lucky for specific wins.
What I mean in this is because no one can, even PROs, wins an specific tournament because you have just more skill. It also depends on lucky.
But if you play one year, hundreds of tournaments, of couse the player with more skill will have better outcames.
It's for me the best game to people that are patience and know how to feel people. The math of poker is easily get by everyone.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will use an old saying " Luck comes and goes but knowledge is forever"

koisug

koisug

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is needed everywhere, including in the game, but I think that the skill and skill is much more likely to succeed.

ezgift

ezgift

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At micro limits, the game of poker is an exceptionally lucky game ...

cwatt3131

cwatt3131

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a game of skill. Patience and focus are the two main intangibles that cannot be gauged, but definitely those who study and continuously improve will win more than the "lucky" players.

R

robcubus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker its just a combination of 70% of skills & 30% of luck,.. You have to be good in this to be a winner.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel it is mostly skill. If there were no luck at all involved, only experienced players would play.
Ultimately you should be able to win over luck only with no skill. I do like to get some good luck at times myself. lol
With skill comes more consistent luck? Being that if you are in the right position playing the right cards against the opponents the right way. You are more likely to perceive it as luck. Or be luckier to the average observer.

B

Brandom1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WOW....very well put. I agree with everything you just said( in a standard mtt) However in a freeroll or microstakes mtt throw all that out the window because your cards better hold up because 70% of the time you are getting called all the way down lol. BUT again in standard MTTS you are spot on.

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Skill and luck, because by more skill that is had if the letters us disadvantage will lose. So the opponent has 1 out on the river can happen to win if you are lucky that that card comes out at the end

P

pokgirl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why does this debate always go on? It clearly both. Luck you can win in the short-run. Skill you will be winning in long run. Still gotta have good luck though.

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
What they say professional players ?

R

raymondzav

Rock Star