Is players playing together common?

S

STEELCITYROLLER

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm Just Curious,
After reading about the new game format and the responses it brings a up a question. Is players dumping chips in tourneys to other players common? I would think it probably isn't but after reading that thread it would appear the concept has crossed some of your minds?
Any input?
I have thought that people were doing that. Just couldn't know for sure. What thread are you refering to so I can read it also. I would not want to get banned for that. I'm sure that it goes on more than we realize. I figure that if I just keep playin' my game, hopefully I can stay out of situations where there are people playing together.

PLAYINBIG

PLAYINBIG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There were a player on NLOP that had been chip dumping.He had 3/4 different screen names.He had been pushing allin preflop and chip dumping to his self.I was playing on the site 1 night & seen it for myself.He was banned from the site.Ask any of the long term NLOP members about it .So, I'm sure it happens.

I

ibsiegel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have thought that people were doing that. Just couldn't know for sure. What thread are you refering to so I can read it also. I would not want to get banned for that. I'm sure that it goes on more than we realize. I figure that if I just keep playin' my game, hopefully I can stay out of situations where there are people playing together.

It was the thread about the new multi-level buy-in tourney, where there are 3 levels of buy in and 3 different pools that you are able to win but all are playing each other and start with the same amount of chips... but you are only eligible to win the maximum pool that you have bought in to. Which brought up the idea of person A buying into the maximum pool and person B buying in the minimum and dumping chips to person A for the most return.

FF00h

FF00h

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From what i know, collusion is illegal on most Poker platforms.

aero87

aero87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing live 1/2 and one time two college kids ended up heads up preflop. One raised all in and the other was contemplating a call. The one who shoved said lets chop it and the loser buys dinner. He calls and it was AK vs QQ. QQ held up. They went to the cage and cashed in their chips and split the cash and left together.

snklzona

snklzona

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take collusion very seriously and any form of it should not be tollerated...I am not saying or judging in this instance one way or the other just that if it is against the rules of the site or other governing body it should not continue...

Rappyness

Rappyness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats just messed up. I have seen it before tho on a final table too. But it was a freeroll so I didnt mind it that much. That should be illegal tho to be honest, it ruins the integrity of the game.

M

multis10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was curious about this as well. Couldn't people online just play alongside their friends in a small tournament and have an advantage at seeing each others cards?

steveiam

steveiam

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its quite easy to play with friends some people i know use facebook to discuss their hands during a game.I dont agree but what can you do ?

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with hackmeplz. Tis cheating.

Jeffreybomb

Jeffreybomb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was curious about this as well. Couldn't people online just play alongside their friends in a small tournament and have an advantage at seeing each others cards?

Most sites won't let multiple accounts connect from the same IP address. Otherwise, people would simply make multiple accounts and flip between screens or computers.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most sites won't let multiple accounts connect from the same IP address. Otherwise, people would simply make multiple accounts and flip between screens or computers.

You sure wouldn't need any friends for that.

Lady_Ist

Lady_Ist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do believe poker rooms moderators r controlling this situation! ....At least pokerstars I BELIEVE :)

Chronical23

Chronical23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmm my computer developing skill see some near future goals to stop collusion and cheating on poker sites. ill look into what i can do to help

F

FrostyJack

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its common for me to play with my friends on tables but not WITH my friends.. well more live play than online but occasionally we play at the same table.. I HATE collusion and would never be involved in it so anytime i play with a friend we have a mutual agreement..

We play eachother as we would any other opponent and after the session is over we refund eachother any big pots we took off eachother.. This way its still fair but we also dont feel bad at the end! In tournaments tho anything goes lol i knocked my friend out on the bubble in a live tournament once haha i shipped it tho.. so i gave him his buy in back lol

I am not comfortable with this.
'We refund each other any big pots we took off each other'.
This reduces risk for both of you, as it reduces potential losses. You are therefore more likely to Raise / Reraise because of the reduced risk of loss. Your Raise / Reraise will force other players out of pots that they would have stayed in had it not been for the Raise / Reraise. If I was of those players, and I knew what you were doing, I would feel cheated. Even though it's clear that it's not your intention to cheat, your actions do have an adverse effect on other players at your table.

Please either:
1) Convince me why my argument above is incorrect
or
2) Stop refunding each other.

R

RiverOfDreamz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please either:
1) Convince me why my argument above is incorrect
or
2) Stop refunding each other.

If you look at post #49 of this thread you'll see that he chose option 2. I give domeburglar cred for keeping an open mind and evaluating other perspectives. I could also see that the intention was good, just could be interpreted in different ways.