Omaha Is better than Holdem!

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love Omaha, as a departure from that game, as entertainment, hold'em will remain the basis of course of Poker, hold'em remains definitely the standard of Poker!

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not think it's better than Holdem but if you have your pro at the time of playing Omaha tournaments you have a better chance of reaching good positions since not everyone knows how to play it

M

mavradal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More cards means more variance so there's more luck involved than skill.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like hold em better, no doubt about it. I know that in both games you use two cards to make your hand but in Omaha sometimes only using two cards my make your hand weaker.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It more "fun" without a doubt, if there were a larger grid of tournaments and Sit&Go's I would seriously consider migrating

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Saying that one game is better than the other is subjective. But yes, you generally get more action in Omaha thanks to the 4 hole cards you receieve as oppossed to 2 hole cards you get in Texas Holdem. You also generally get a crazy number of outs when you're in a draw in Omaha, and the nuts you had in the flop can, more often than not, become worthless in the turn and river.

There is definitely more skill involved in NL Holdem.

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in my vision and warmth of taste it depends on each person for me I like both.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play two types of Hold'em and omaha poker, but Hold'em is boring for me, so I only play Hold'em in tournaments, and I prefer to play Omaha in tournaments and cash games!

prozitu

prozitu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Omaha H / L, but I play Holden

Yoda82

Yoda82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For cash games, I prefer PLO. I can make as much money in 1 session of PLO as I can in 2-3 months of 1/3 NLHE (2/5 games are rarely spread). I also think it’s much more fun to play. That being said, I prefer NLHE in tourney play.

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think they are two different modalities and nothing is said until the river more times than in the other modality in question

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha

I certainly know how to play Omaha-purely technically, but in terms of the level of the game I am a very weak player. I really want to learn all the subtleties of the game, also in Texas poker. But I won’t force myself to start playing and learn Omaha. The Texas type of poker interferes. I don’t want to start everything from the beginning and spend many months studying and improving the game of Omaha)))) and I play strongly in Texas poker and went and played. I must find the strength to force myself to do this Omaha. This is a very good and interesting game with its own features. I don’t know why it is not so popular and is inferior to Texas in scale. It is definitely not worse, but, unfortunately, not so popular and advertised.:wavey::wavey::wavey:

O

oroochimaru

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi
I love playing Omaha a lot
More action
Keeps you involved in the game
But its a lottery type game more like BINGO
Its another ball game altogether
No comparison to holdem
Thanks
Manoj (bluffzone68)

Interesting view. Lots of top players in other pokerforums think, that Omaha requires more skill and has less variance than holdem. I enjoy holdem but somethimes it feels very Bingo like, especially in low stack games. :D

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Omaha, but no-limit hold'em is much more popular and therefore a lot more of the game is in this game! besides, in my opinion, hold'em is much easier to learn because there is a lot more material freely available than for Omaha

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like omaha and I play sometimes (very little), but for me, holdem is better.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you play AA double suites in multi-way pot which is already raised and reraised??

Thanks for posting

If one of the raisers also has AA- AA is dead. You now just have two flush draws.
a much better hand would be J1098 double suited. That is the big card killer hand you would play in that spot.

Hope that helps.

:):)

Which game do you like better?
I love Omaha 4 cards are better than 2!

Thanks for posting.

I enjoy all poker games. Played for fun in a home game Omaha is the better choice.

If you are playing to make money, Omaha requires a much larger bankroll than NL and the emotional swings are huge.

:):)

Last edited by a moderator:
Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer Omaha in cash games but not tourneys.
Omaha requires more position bets, variance is high but your almost guaranteed action on any hand. Oh, the ability to fold second and 3rd best can be helpful.

J

jofieloviedo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think holdem is better

I love holdem, for me it is the best. I have never played omaha but I have seen it because some of my friends have played and I've also seen it on internet and I haven't layed it but I guess I prefer holdem and also is the most popular poker game and also I guess, I am not really sure but you can earn more money playing holdem than omaha.

I think it is depends, some people could like holdem and some people could like omaha I guess both are great because if they wouldn't people would not play them.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

I like Hold'em better, Omaha is a great game but, the action is slower and there is less room to make as many plays as you can in hold'em. I do like the Omaha pot sizes, with the extra hole cards, there are normally more people in any given pot. What I don't like is that you have ro use two hole cards to make your hand. It's funny how people have been saying for years that Omaha is going to replace Hold'em as the most popular game, but there are a lot of games that have had this same hype yet Hold'em remains the most popular year after year after year. There is a lot to be said about this kind of of dominance. For me, Hold'em will always be number one...as long as it stays pure... I don't care for this 6+ crap either. I also prefer Stud 7 over Omaha.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha is much more difficult - more card combinations, greater variance.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like Omaha hi-lo better. Good and bad that a lot really do not know how to play. They will of course tell you in chat they are the greatest.

M

mavradal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regarding other variants than Hold'Em, does anyone know where you can play Razz or Badugi?

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Yea agree with you about for cards.
I don't play omaha because i'm not confident with my play. Still love hold'em

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer the 'cadilac of poker', Texas Holdem. More strategy involved. The reason why is the general preference worldwide.

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules