Marijuana and poker?

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bro quit smoking, it's unhealthy and it's lie that marijuana isn't noxious. It's shit and if you smoke to much you're lungs collapse one day or police will arrest you. I don't badly wish you but these are facts :/
Facts? Are you out of your flipping mind? Where do you come up with this bullshit? Have you ever even tried it or are you just scared straight? I've been smoking and playing winning poker for over 30 years now. It's time to wake up and smell the refer.

B

Bestsurfs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Very hard to think under the influence - I always look forward to playing with someone who looks like they have been smoking.

chezzzi_qwe

chezzzi_qwe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
likely sativa suitable for a home game, nothing more.
amphetamine only - only hardcore

just kidding
:motz::elefant::motz::motz::motz:

wasal2002

wasal2002

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
+1 for using cannabis while playing. Really helps concentrate on the action and make good decisions! Never lets me act impatient! :cool::cool::cool:
That's the one thing I can say slows me down to a comfortable pace I'm not in a hurry. Lived in SF over 40 yrs go figure🤡🤡🤡

Barbarrossa

Barbarrossa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haven't smoked it in a loong time.. with that being said I have no problem with anyone else smoking it while playing against me. As a matter of fact I'd prefer it if I were facing 8 others high as a kite. Playing against people under the influence of pot I would hope would benefit my game.

The only negative I see would be a lot of slow play with timing out running rampant.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey I am not sure if I am allowed to post this so admins/mods please correct me if I am wrong and I apologize for my mistake. My question to you guys is how many of you enjoy cannabis (medical of course) while you play poker? Do you think it affects your performance at all in Negative or Positive ways. Personally I am able to shrug off bad beats a lot better than when I am sober. Was just curious as to how other players react.

Hi dude,
No hypocrisy:). Cannabis is just like any soothing sold at the pharmacies, i.e. It makes you fell good, good sensation. Of course you deal much better with the bad beats. But, like any drugs, it will destroy your game play in a long term if you use it continuously.
But if we may overcome these moments without an external source but in a natural way, our poker game will improve more consistently.

But once in a blue moon, I dont't see any problem. :thrasher:
But check your local law first.:icon_cycl:D.

Best of luck!

Pudiel

Pudiel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Basicaly, it works like a "chill buff" for me, specificly when is rainning, i feel more confortable and focused, because it's a good moment to be chilled :canabis: