Katie Dozier's WSOP Rail

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
have a great time at the wsop and gl there...have been to san diego many times living just 3 hours away and its one of the best places on earth..enjoy your time there! :) will check back on this thread for updates...subbed!

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
have a great time at the WSOP and gl there...have been to san diego many times living just 3 hours away and its one of the best places on earth..enjoy your time there! :) will check back on this thread for updates...subbed!

Thanks! I really love this city-- such a fun mix of a lot of "city" things to do right alongside so many outdoor activities. If I could live anywhere, San Diego would def be on my short list!

For those into the girlier side of vacations, today I went to Kingston Spa (near the Zoo) and had an amazing facial! It was a generous early birthday treat from my wonderful Mother-In-Law, and we had such a fun, relaxing time! :)

rytciaq

rytciaq

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish best of luck to you! Show who is the best! I was really impressed by the video. You make multi-tabling seem so easy, but it's definitely not easy for me.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck K8e!!!

He lives!!! Thanks, Keith! :)

I wish best of luck to you! Show who is the best! I was really impressed by the video. You make multi-tabling seem so easy, but it's definitely not easy for me.

Thank you! Multi-tabling is a learned skill, and I think my current set-up is the best I've found for playing a lot of tables. For me, listening to fast-paced music also helps keep me in the right rhythm.

Katie is bringing out all of my degenerate friends! :)

Haha, hopefully my range is pretty balanced with my degenerate friends and wholesome friends! ;)

TimboJonez

TimboJonez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck Jenny, hope you have a great vacation and even better WSOP run :).

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haha, hopefully my range is pretty balanced with my degenerate friends and wholesome friends! ;)

Well they are my friends too (even though I got all of them through you lol) - but yea just Aaron, Louis and Keith so the balance is good. ;)

Can't help but love those guys. :)

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The weather has been gorgeous every single day, which has made our already perfect vacation even better!

Yesterday, we walked around the harbor in San Diego, and had lunch on the water. Despite living in mexico, when I visit the US I always find myself eating guacamole at every meal!

Also, I love any opportunity to wear an oversized floppy hat. I came very close to losing said hat during the sailing expedition, but Captain Keith valiantly caught it when it attempted to sail overboard!

After meandering around that area, we headed back to walk Wilbur. A GPS search for a park directed us to a disc golf course, so we ended up trying to play a round. Despite his lack of opposable thumbs, Wilbur did pretty well with the Frisbees. ;) Here's Collin acting like a matador and Wilbur playing the part of the bull!

Today is the last full day in San Diego before making our way to Vegas tomorrow. This is the first weekend of 2014 that I haven’t spent playing poker, so I feel a bit like a kid playing hooky from school! I’ll be trying paddle boarding for the first time, which I’m really excited about. Later, I want to go see a 3D IMAX movie.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck Jenny, hope you have a great vacation and even better WSOP run :).

Thanks! I'm having such an amazing vacation that running better in the WSOP would have to mean an outright win! :D

Can't help but love those guys. :)

One of the best parts of playing poker is getting to know so many different and interesting people! :)

rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Katie, I'm enjoying one of your training vids on FloatTheTurn right now. It's a two part series on an MTT you played in 2010. I'm sure you have more current vids out there but it's a good place to start for me, and I'm learning a lot from it (Low Blind Preflop Decisions and Immediate Profit Shoves).

I'm glad you made a rail thread and will look forward to updates. Enjoy the rest of your vacay, and best of luck in the WSOP tournaments!

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you so much, Rifflemao, and I am glad to hear that you're enjoying those videos! These days I make videos for DragTheBar and PokerStrategy.

--
We're driving to Vegas today! Yesterday we went paddle boarding in Mission Bay, which was really fun. We did it for about two hours, and it was an excellent work out as I am a bit sore now, haha! It was actually easier to stand up and paddle than I would have thought, though I did fall in a few times. I managed to only get sun burnt on my feet, which, considering how fair I am, I am booking as a win! :)

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
wish you good luck and have fun

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wish you good luck and have fun

Thanks! I've had very good luck on vacation so far, hopefully this will translate into WSOP luck too. :)

And I am leaving tomorrow - will see you tomorrow night! Can we eat at that amazing Vietnamese restaurant Katie Stone took me to?

Looks great! Text me when your settled into your hotel! :)

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got into Vegas yesterday, and saw a poker player before I’d even checked into my hotel. I stopped at my favorite Whole Foods on the planet (on S Las Vegas Blvd) and saw Antonio Esfandiari eating a sub, haha!

For dinner, Collin and I showed up at our favorite sushi buffet in the Premium Outlet area—only to find out that it had been turned into a giant Michael Kor’s within the last year. Instead of eating purse leather for dinner, there was another Makino’s not too far away. Since I don’t eat rice or sauces with sugar, when I go to a sushi buffet I usually only eat one thing: salmon sashimi. I’ve yet to find good sushi in Mexico, so I made extra sure to get good value on the price of admission!

Collin was amused by my buffet plate:

Then I went to walk around the strip with some poker friends I’ve had since just after I turned into a full time player. We ended up playing 3/6 limit at Bally’s, which was the first time I’d played limit hold ‘em live. Something about playing live always gets my heart pumping in a way that playing online rarely does, even when playing low stakes cash with a glass of Glenfiddich in my hand!

The most interesting hand:
UTG limps
UTG+1: I raise with JJ
HJ calls, SB calls, UTG calls
Flop: 2s2d3s
Checks to me, I bet and only the SB calls.
Turn: J
Despite this being likely to be a small pot, I can feel my heart beating faster, haha! I bet, and the SB calls.
River: As (completing the flush draw)

SB checks, I bet, he raises…Since that player had been very passive, I was surprised (but happy to get check raised). We made it to the point where I had 5-bet him, and I realized that I didn’t know if betting was capped when heads-up on the river (it’s not)! See, I told you it was my first time playing limit hold ‘em live! :eek:

If he had raised again instead of calling, at that point I would have begun to think about the number of bets I wanted to get in, but I had seen this player overplay a flush on a paired board before—which is what he ended up having! The fun thing about playing with $1 chips was that I felt like I had just won a really massive pot, haha.

I ended up about $70—small potatoes, but more than enough to pay for the manicure I’m planning on for later. As a fun bonus, I knew the very nice cashier from Twitter. Next, I really want to play the game that I’ve been studying and learning online for the month and a half leading up to this vacation- FL08.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's the stories I'm looking for....
Can't make it to Vegas myself, but these threads make me kinda feel a bit like being there...
Wish you best of luck, a great time and I'm looking forward to the railing threads...

Fknife

Fknife

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, after seeing your photos I now understand why you have 'hot' in your nickname :) I think I watched one of your videos, which is avaliable for free on Dragthebar, not a huge fan of this whole coaching business but I appreciate your work. Have a wonderful vacation and good luck in WSOP. I mean it :)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice hand!

Ohhh... We need to talk some FLO8 -always loved that game but haven't studied it.

At the airport - will text when I arrive.jen is going to take me to the grocery store before we all go out. I am staying in my timeshare the entire 12 days this time.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nice thread and very interesting reads. keep them coming. subbed and best of luck :).

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's the stories I'm looking for....
Can't make it to Vegas myself, but these threads make me kinda feel a bit like being there...
Wish you best of luck, a great time and I'm looking forward to the railing threads...

Glad to hear that you're enjoying it, and I look forward to reading your rail thread when you do make it out here! :)

Wow, after seeing your photos I now understand why you have 'hot' in your nickname :) I think I watched one of your videos, which is avaliable for free on Dragthebar, not a huge fan of this whole coaching business but I appreciate your work. Have a wonderful vacation and good luck in WSOP. I mean it :)

Thanks very much! My screename was meant to be a joke about how some guys make "sexy" girl screenames-- ty for your compliment! Happy that you enjoyed the vid!

Ohhh... We need to talk some FLO8 -always loved that game but haven't studied it.

Yes we do! So excited to see you in only a few hours! :)

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nice thread and very interesting reads. keep them coming. subbed and best of luck :).

Thank you! I love your avatar-- I recently watched all of the Rocky movies and added "Eye of the Tiger" to my grinding playlist!

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Good luck Jenny, I'll be following your thread.

WSOP