*** January's Juxtaposed Pokahz Chat ***

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OMFG..... Someone who grinded out 200k Vpp's in the month of December, actually missed out on Supernova Elite by 13k Vpp's, without playing a single hand on the final day :eek:.

Seriously, 987k Vpp's in a year and FAIL! WTF!

WOW, Stars apparently upgraded him to SNE, as he had a medical problem. Very nice of Stars imo.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's fine to float that board. People will blindly barrel their overcards and missed suited connectors and will often give up on the turn. The turn decision is easy though - people don't barrel in 3bet pots, and don't barrel 99-, so I'm snap folding. River's even easier.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cant believe I just ran outta petrol ! forgot the petrol light was on and had to get a mate to rescue me wtf how thick am I !!

Poker study time.

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Momentary lapse of reason :vroam:

--------------------
HAND #1
--------------------
party poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker
MP: $15 (60 bb)
CO: $25 (100 bb)
Hero (BTN): $25.20 (100.8 bb)
SB: $26.45 (105.8 bb)
BB: $58.55 (234.2 bb)
Pre-Flop: Hero is BTN with 7
spade.gif
spade.gif

MP posts BB out of position, CO posts BB out of position, MP checks, CO checks, Hero raises to $1.50, 3 folds, CO calls $1.25
Flop: ($3.60) 8
diamond.gif
Q
diamond.gif
heart.gif
(2 players)
CO checks, Hero bets $2.50, CO calls $2.50
Turn: ($8.60) J
club.gif
(2 players)
CO checks, Hero bets $5, CO raises to $10, Hero raises to $21.20 and is all-in, CO calls $11 and is all-in
River: ($50.60) 3
club.gif
(2 players, 2 are all-in)

villain had 9s10s

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Momentary lapse of reason :vroam:

I don't mind preflop and flop, but you have to fold to the beluga.

Hope this was against a reg. Great for your image... :D

Of course, regs don't post blinds out of turn, so it's probably all in vain. :shot:

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats a pretty shit board to float on BW.

i don't really see anything wrong with flop float fwiw. i'm curious why you think it's such a bad board? and what are some types of boards you'd prefer for floating? (not rhetorical questions!, craving some strategy insight from another perspective)

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
BW, what's your vs-3bet-call%? I don't like preflop, is what I'm saying. There's no shame in folding to 3bets, and I don't think QTs is profitable to play in this spot heads-up, and even less when we're not even sure we're going to play in position when we call.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't really see anything wrong with flop float fwiw. i'm curious why you think it's such a bad board? and what are some types of boards you'd prefer for floating? (not rhetorical questions!, craving some strategy insight from another perspective)

For me personally, I prefer to float on drawy type boards. If I float on a dry flop like that, I rarely pull the trigger unless villain shows some sign of giving up tbh.

Maybe thats a leak, that I don't float enough in spots like that.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me personally, I prefer to float on drawy type boards. If I float on a dry flop like that, I rarely pull the trigger unless villain shows some sign of giving up tbh.

+1

Basically a board where we can represent a wide range of scary hands and not just sets.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right then, I'm gonna say this one more time. BONUS CLEARING ON STARS IS THE SICKEST, GAYEST, RIGGGEDIEST THING EVER IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND!!!!!!

Guess whereabouts on this graph I clear my bonus, huh?

Attachments

• RIGGGED.jpg
    RIGGGED.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 4
Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Hope this was against a reg. Great for your image... :D

Of course, regs don't post blinds out of turn, so it's probably all in vain. :shot:

Yeah I agree, i. And no I don't think villain was a reg. But there was a 40/0 at the table that called me a fish, so there was a little fun/humour +ev there which should account for something....

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right then, I'm gonna say this one more time. BONUS CLEARING ON STARS IS THE SICKEST, GAYEST, RIGGGEDIEST THING EVER IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND!!!!!!

Just stop buying the bonuses and save your fpps for the porsche, imo.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
anybody have any good material on playing AK for FR could you post it or PM me it that would be sweet cheers.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
anybody have any good material on playing AK for FR could you post it or PM me it that would be sweet cheers.

if you want to make things simple, just never hit the fold or call buttons preflop with it.

Post-flop it plays like any other TPTK hand when you hit. When you don't hit comes the hard part. cbet when the board warrants a cbet. double barrel when the board warrants a double barrel. Just remember you have little showdown value, so folding is often a good line, betting is sometimes a good line if you think you can get villain to fold, and calling is usually just spew.

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is a Beluga?

Most of the hands that have been posted lately were complete and utter spew imo :D

Guess whereabouts on this graph I clear my bonus, huh?
Uh, wat? Is this a trick question? Graph looks great :confused:

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure what it's like at 10nl, but at 100nl fr I rarely see regs getting it aipf v regs. And if they do they're usually up against QQ+ if your lucky!

As Belgo says keep it simple.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is a Beluga?

Most of the hands that have been posted lately were complete and utter spew imo :D

Uh, wat? Is this a trick question? Graph looks great :confused:

Beluga is basically if your getting chk/raised on the turn then your overpair/TPTK is usually no good!

Regarding the grapsh, I have just cleared the 200k Vpp milestones bonus worth $2k, but I have been on a big dowswong whilst clearing it. As soon as I clear it ... hey presto I go on a heater. And this is not the 1st time, ahhh, meh, Im rambling now :p

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i thought that was called the obvious theorem

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There should be a special level in hell reserved just for the driving license examinators. THEY SHOULD DIE SLOW AND HORRIBLE.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There should be a special level in hell reserved just for the driving license examinators. THEY SHOULD DIE SLOW AND HORRIBLE.

Parallel parking bad beat???