***January results/February goals thread***

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
jan results:
-eh, played some, almost entirely on stars to clear bonus, won a little over 1k. not awful considering i didnt put in a lot of time
-made goldstar for the first time, mostly from double or nothing sngs, unfort i never got to run good in them

february goals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-play AT LEAST 25k hands or else i'm seriously a total failure
-attempt 50k hands at 200NL and win my prop bets
-create epic prop bet thread at beginning of the month and have you guys read it
-get better at poker, get better at multi-tabling
-get switch up to dem 50s as previously stated by him :)

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
jan results:
-eh, played some, almost entirely on stars to clear bonus, won a little over 1k. not awful considering i didnt put in a lot of time
-made goldstar for the first time, mostly from double or nothing sngs, unfort i never got to run good in them

february goals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-play AT LEAST 25k hands or else i'm seriously a total failure
-create epic prop bet thread at beginning of the month and have you guys read it
-get better at poker, get better at multi-tabling
-get switch up to dem 50s as previously stated by him :)
Make thread now so u can take more action ;)

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everyone is looking to high in terms of volume.

Silverstar with sick high roi ftw

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nah sindri, i think i've got enough action to give me some motivation. already having second thoughts about the bets i made tbh, lol. no turning back now though! that's the beauty of it

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Goals: Stop dickin' around and play 25k hands of solid hold'em next month. Limp 3-betting guys with Q4s just to see what happens probably isn't a winning formula.

Hahahahahaha, that's pretty funny and entertaining as well... I think you need to record a video playing 6max as laggy as possible with commentary...

Spent most of the month at 2NL and finished up at 5NL building my BR up after withdrawing a bunch of winnings to buy a MIC recording interface that has since sat on my desk collecting dust. Good for me.

February Goals:

When I reach 12 buy-ins for 10NL start taking shots.

Stick to FR.

Respond to more posts in the hand anaylsis forum, or at least ask questions if I don't know the answer.

Use the god damn MIC i bought with my poker funds.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Might as well post now since im not sure i will play much tomorow.

Jan results:
380$ profit.
About 300 witch from 10NL so im very happy since if tryed to switch to ring a few times before but never maked it stick.

Feb goals.
Get Hem(buying it monday)
Get stox cause it will give me a discount on Hem.
30K hands at 10-25NL
Move up to 25NL(probably taking my first shots this weekend:D)
Move back down if BRM dictates me to.
try the steps to the million.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I'm about as poker lazy as Combuboom...but at microstakes. +200 on the month, cashing out most of my roll and moving the rest to Stars. Going to try to keep pace with the progress of the micro crowd and play a decent amount of hands at 10nl next month, hoping to double this month's profit.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually ended up playing today even tho i said i wouldn't (made the mistake of watching a DC vid, which then ofc makes me want to play) and ran good so ended up being a pretty nice month. Also cleared $450 bonus. And unfortunately still a fish.

Crazy last few k hands.

Attachments

• jan.jpg
    jan.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 10
  • ....jpg
    ....jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 10
Benjammn

Benjammn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My achievements this month are small but nifty.

January
  • Got 50 posts to participate in CC events :p
  • Was LPS in the CC Carbon Freeroll today (23rd/120+)
  • Placed ITM in my first freeroll today (below)
firsttourney.png

Every victory, however small! :D

February
  • DEPOSIT ALREADY.
  • Get ITM in a CC freeroll
  • Finish all the books I got for Christmas :icon_sant

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Work it big boy, congratulations to you. :D

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now wait a second. Have you already made those prop bets? Do we not get to give action? Either way, please post the thread asap because I is curious :D

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yep, bets are made (vs. chuck, switch, irexes, jagsti, and deltafrost), not taking any more action, sry! will be making a thread feb 1st for updates throughout the month

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yep, bets are made (vs. chuck, switch, irexes, jagsti, and deltafrost), not taking any more action, sry! will be making a thread feb 1st for updates throughout the month

i8ll give u 17:1 u cant play 125k hands in feb

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does the prop bet start tomorrow? Maybe I want to take action FOR you vs. someone else...

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah, starts tomorrow. fyi terms are 50k hands at 200nl FR on ftp for feb, have to profit, playing no more than 9 tables at a time

200 is highest i've played, 9-tables will be most i've played, and 50k will be about 5x the hands i've ever played in a month :)o) so it's pretty uncharted territory for me. i'm gettin' 2:1

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sigh. I ran like shit.

Attachments

• Janresult.jpg
    Janresult.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 6
ABorges

ABorges

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
~5K with 2nd place in a 22$ tourney + some other cashes. Feels nice.

February goals: increase volume dramatically! Play more cash. Probably even dedicate Feb to mostly cash, 100NL, maybe mix in some 200NL. Any cash experts wanna lend some help and share some tips, any at all, will be appreciated!

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
about 15 days worth of 10nl, not bad but I wish I could have played the full month...this also starting with only 4 BIs instead of 20 so i still have a ways till 25nl

Picture1-20.png

H

hbkmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My achievements this month are small but nifty.

January
  • Got 50 posts to participate in CC events :p
  • Was LPS in the CC Carbon Freeroll today (23rd/120+)
  • Placed ITM in my first freeroll today (below)
firsttourney.png

Every victory, however small! :D

February
  • DEPOSIT ALREADY.
  • Get ITM in a CC freeroll
  • Finish all the books I got for Christmas :icon_sant

did you get any poker books?

Benjammn

Benjammn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
did you get any poker books?

Yeah, that's what I meant. I got Harrington Vol 1 + 2 and the Little Green Book. I read Vol 1 and almost all of LGB, but I need to finish them all.....then probably read them again. And again. And again. :p

H

hbkmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, that's what I meant. I got Harrington Vol 1 + 2 and the Little Green Book. I read Vol 1 and almost all of LGB, but I need to finish them all.....then probably read them again. And again. And again. :p
that's good, i'm reading harrington's vol 2 right now. Sucks i never got to read the first volume and my library doesn't have it. I also got tom mcevoy's book but gave up on it and when one of the hands he has an example was read wrong. (He thinks he would of won the hand bc of his higher kick, but the oppponent has a two pair)

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that's good, i'm reading harrington's vol 2 right now. Sucks i never got to read the first volume and my library doesn't have it. I also got tom mcevoy's book but gave up on it and when one of the hands he has an example was read wrong. (He thinks he would of won the hand bc of his higher kick, but the oppponent has a two pair)

rofl tom mcevoy
you know he's a member of CC?

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think i'm gonna play poker in february
HU?

Do it. Deposit like $500 and play 50nl HU - edge is so large in those games that there isn't much risk of going broke w/10 buy ins unless you run terribad and you should be able to build up your roll quite quickly and move over to FR or whatever.

Does the prop bet start tomorrow? Maybe I want to take action FOR you vs. someone else...

If i still had money on stars i'd probably take you up on this :(

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do it. Deposit like $500 and play 50nl HU - edge is so large in those games that there isn't much risk of going broke w/10 buy ins and you should be able to build up your roll quite quickly.

yea. i remember once i had a -10 buy in session at 50nl HU. that's okay tho.