Is it better to win a hand or play it right?

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play it right. But in tournaments you will need to be lucky sometimes.

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depend how money money is on the pot.
If there is a lot of money you will try to win that so Wind the hand.
But if there is a low stack then play correct and don't try to bluff.

M

Mazak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important thing is to improve your skill. Poker is a game in which you need mainly skill but also a bit of luck. Anyway you can win a hand but don't get any conclusion from it and next time without luck you'll lose.

R

Rodrigo de Castro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Eu penso que devemos observar alguns princípios básicos, como a posição na mesa, o stack, e principalmente o estilo de jogo de seus adversários. Se acharmos que estamos confortáveis, o negócio é ir pra cima.

A

Allmine79

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play it right and win. If I find myself getting lucky usually my game is off where I'm going in with bad starters or flat out playing bad poker.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using CardsChat mobile app

B

bkr3026

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is all about winning. you need to take the pot and eliminate the threat. if you play it right- this could mean may different things like folding bad cards, but then bluffing has no meaning in that sense. Win the pot if you have the ability.

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You have always to aim play right. If u play right most of time, u will win most of time. (the long time theory)

meagain00

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in the long run playing it right is supposed to pay off more. But sometimes it really doesn't feel like it.

C

Chadbrantley

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say both. You play. Play it right you may get more chips out of the other player play it wrong and when the hand it's possible you would win less chips by playing it wrong

jimmy andres

jimmy andres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello in my opinion is better to win the hand or lie betting a lot to not see that has your rival and keep the chips to uncover the hands of both and give possibilities to your rival.

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for all the thoughtful comments here. I'm leaning towards the "playing right" side, although sometimes a play can be be debatable on whether you were right or not. Sometimes winning the hand is the only definitive way on whether the hand was played right. There's no way of telling on whether you're going to run into AA when you push with KK, so did you play incorrectly?

C

ChuckNola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing the hand right is more important long term but in the short term it sucks to see yourself make a nice lay down only to see that you would have sucked out.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
We've all won those hands that we probably shouldn't have. We get in way behind and hit that miracle river. Or, on the other hand, We do everything right, play the hand perfectly, only to lose it in the end. In your opinion is it better to play a hand correctly, or just win the hand?

must play differently every time !!! so that the opponent is unable to read your moves !!! but the logic in your actions should be present))), in most cases it is necessary to properly play !!! I think so !!!

Last edited:
WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How about win the hand AND play it right? :) But, I think If you play hands right, then results will come. If you got "only" lucky (means that you didnt play it good way but you rivered guy or something like that) that can happen few times, but in long run you will suffer.

So better is to play it right would be my answer. If you have odds, go for it, If you dont, dont chase it all the time.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on which style you prefer. Everyone plays differently.

olfabiolo

olfabiolo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Certainly play right, because you playing right, the consequence always and win the same, more can happen to play right and lose, because there is the variance of the game that can be cruel and you end up leading a beautiful Bad Beat

grinya774

grinya774

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most important of all the distance therefore, the right hand is very important.

Awrpze

Awrpze

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play it right. Eventually everything will even out (despite how unlikely it feels a lot of the time).

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands