How did you start playing poker ?

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How did you start playing poker? Tell your story.

I always liked cards, backgammon boards like chess lady and other games,
but I started playing poker after watching a poker tournament on television, which had a player like Daniel Negreanu, give but never stopped playing poker

I always loved games... Thinking games.

My brother showed me poker and it was an instant BIG win for my taste. I started on Earth Poker with tournaments each 2 hours (no money, not even playmoney!). Damn the time was long when I was out early.

R

RiverKing422

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started at home poker games when I was 14 then online to partypoker, it was classic back then, poker has become a sport now and played so much differently

S

SneakyLady

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Funny, I've known how to play since I was a boy watching my family gather every weekend to play various card games.. but have been playing solid for the past 4 yrs now since my daughter was born.. the wife and I started to somewhat drift apart and find our "own things to do" and I found a local free poker league.. then, over time was introduced to local cash games.. tourneys.. then online sites.. and now I'm a junkie like the rest of you.. :rock:
(wife and I are fine btw.. just do more things separate) :)[/

Great story- especially that you guys are fine.
My story is very similar to yours. I’m the wife that loves to play poker.

S

SneakyLady

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!!!

In search of a hobby, I discovered poker first playing at a family dinner. Then I found a phone poker App and was hooked. Where I live poker is illegal. Only games I have access to are bar games- MTT. Since I have no access to real poker, I approach these bar games like real games and fell in LOVE. $5 tip to the dealer to play, bar sponsors prize. Prizes range from $75-$250 so ain’t bad for a $5 “tip” in! I keep track of my bankroll and money finish rates just like a real money player would :)

The thrill of MTT is addicting. What and how much there is to learn about the game is fascinating. It’s competitive!!

I’ve never been interested in learning much. I’ve never had a real hobby. Until poker. I read books, I learn on the web, and I analyze my plays. I have fun. I guess you can say I am hooked, and I wonder how long this will last. I hope forever.

I’m sure many poker enthusiasts can relate!!