how to earn 1000$ a week?

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
His friend plays under the name of potripper obviously.

No. His... results... are... worse.

-282bb/100 on TableRankings? It's a good thing he's blessed with good cards.

Thefatman313, I think your friend likes to embellish his poker results a bit. If you saw better cards with his account, it was probably just a standard heater. These things happen.

Buddyanton, there is no quick and easy money in poker. If there was, a million other people would have beaten you to it. But the game is beatable and with work and proper management of both yout time and bankroll it is possible to make $1,000 a week. But expect to spend a ton of hours doing so. And getting to the point where you are financiallya nd mentally capable of doing so is going to take a lot of time and effort.
Best of luck though.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i guess rome wasnt built in a day. and that is the thing from a micro investment would be pretty sweet at the end of the day. thought someone would have a better plan, someone who has done it with some expectations. just playing your br as a guide and see how you do seems very broad i suppose

Well when i did it (from $15 the first time, then from $50 the second time), i just played micro sngs until i had $400-$500 then learnt cash from 25nl. I had a very bad habit where i would withdraw way too much when i would hit a really rough patch, so i would grow my roll then withdraw it back down, etc. So stayed at 25nl for a little while, then decided to move up to 50nl and ran good at was able to move to nl100 in one month, although it probably took me another month to fully "move up", since i ran pretty bad everytime i tried. Prob took me about 4 full months (of fairly low volume playing) to move up to nl100 from micro sngs, and i moved up the levels very slowly (intentionally) and withdrew way too much so my roll grew far slower than it would have otherwise.

Once you have some experience with playing the levels tho it doesn't necessarily take long to move up from a small deposit, IF you know you can crush the levels pretty bad and IF going broke isn't the end of the world. I deposited $500 like 3 weeks ago after taking a month break and am now relatively comfortably rolled for nl200 (tho i got close to going "busto" - don't play nl100 w/ $700 ;)). But i don't advise this - i did it because i have done the "build the roll from basically scratch" before and know i can beat the low levels very easily, and i didn't really care if i lost $500. But mainly coz i wasn't willing to play nl25 or even much nl50 again.

So if you haven't played much then just use the time building your roll to improve as a player. I spend alot of time playing nl25 and would have done everything exactly the same again, even tho you can't really make much money at nl25. I know a guy who has terrible bankroll management, even tho in terms of knowledge and actual playing he should be a winner, and he goes broke again and again trying to rise too fast. But had he grinded appropriate levels he would have been miles ahead of where he is now if he had moved slowly but surely.

H

hbkmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
listen if you want to win the money you got to play to win, that means voting a strong hand when you know your beat.
i just took some bad beats and i'm going to post them, but good luck man if your trying to make the 1000k if you work at it you'll get it

B

buddyanton

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
experiencing downswing i suppose, going to adhear to br rules to sail thru so no shot taking right now, i amd pretty much 200% above my weekly target so running well. just crazy things dudes calling with weaker ace and i flop 2 pair and we are ai on the turn and he hits 1 card on the river for str or flush or set

jimboliah

jimboliah

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are too many crazy, bad players out there with money, for anyone to make consistantly big money unless you start big and play above the crazies level.

Jungl3 Jim

Jungl3 Jim

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Originally Posted by KingCurtis
how to earn 1k a week: Quit poker and sell your body

Tried that. All my prospective clients told me to quit and try poker. :rolleyes:

RF

:puke:

Got friend trying his luck at full time holdem until he heads off around the world in March.
He's not doing too badly, pulling around $2-300/wk
He's a damn sight better than me tho

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It might be a good idea to set some smaller goals poker-related if you're interested in learning the game more. If you just want to make fast money, probably not the place to do it.

S

stephenjr6

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1000 a week is pretty hard man you need to start low at first and try out the tables, get used to everything.

N

nykel88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a friend that took 4 months to make his bankroll to 2k$ in PS. And your asking only for 1week 1k$? its pretty impossible coz you need a lot a skill, luck and cash to be able to achieve that. Playing in SNGs, MTTs, single tables or etc isnt that easy when you face with a guy who has nothing to lose or donks or whatever you call them. Start at low stakes tournys atleast you will be able to get experience.

S

spikeanut

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends on what lvl you are playing at. However, if you are asking for $1000 a week, I'm assuming it's 100NL or lower. At those the 100NL lvl, it's achievable every now and then, but consistently, that would be pretty tuff.

stellerteller

stellerteller

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to agree with the comments here. $1000 a week will be an attainable goal but maybe you should try and focus on a smaller attainable goal first and build yourself there. Find what you are good at and stay away from the ones that you are not. Bankroll management will get you there in time, so just stay patient.

V

valdemar983

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I would play either SNG or MTT over straight up NL. The upside/downside risk on any given hand is too much for me. Although it is faster.

The advantage of this technique is that once your bankroll is big enough you can make your money by playing 50-60 tournaments and making sure you at least end up in 3rd, which isnt that hard. You need about 30 to 50 buy ins at that level, so figure 3k, to start you on your way to those earnings. I would probably try and get to 10k and play $300 SNG's. That way you could cash out with one first place, 2 second place, or 4 third place finishes.

Thats the way I would do it, but then I'm still grinding my way from 40 to 200, which has been slow, so take it for what its worth.

G

GoBilliards

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL, I assume this is all meant to be funny.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends how much you play obviously, but you probably need to be playing at least 100nl and ideally 200nl. So you probably need a stable roll of something like 5-15k (to be able to withdraw 1k a week). And to get to that stage from a micro deposit is going to take some time because you are going to have to grind micro sngs/cash, which will be a pathetic $$/hr for anybody.

Might not take that long if you have some experience tho. But if it is the first time you have tried to build a bankroll i wouldn't expect it to happen for quite some time. But that doesn't matter because when you are building a roll the whole idea is to match the stakes you are playing to your current level of skill.
Well, Jesus did 10K in a year, but the first 6-8 months (I forget) he hung at pitifully micro stakes. The he got lucky a few times and blammo! 0 to 10K, which is enough to BR 200NL. So, if you are as good as Jesus and have a MIT Ph.D., should be no prob starting with 50 bucks.

Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seriously to be in profit on poker software takes a lot of determintion and control of bankroll. It is such difficult to make big profit in poker so take it easy and start with little buy-in games.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, Jesus did 10K in a year, but the first 6-8 months (I forget) he hung at pitifully micro stakes. The he got lucky a few times and blammo! 0 to 10K, which is enough to BR 200NL. So, if you are as good as Jesus and have a MIT Ph.D., should be no prob starting with 50 bucks.

It isn't anywhere near as hard as it is made out. I started with a free $15 having never played poker (other than some freerolls the month before to "learn") and I've made over $15k in a little over 6 months of "active months" and I do not put in that much time/hand volume at all compared to most (maybe 30-50hrs/month average) and there are many many many better poker players out there than me. Also i'm pretty sure Ferguson would have made way more than $10k if he had played more/started at a reasonable amount (it is the building from 0 that is the hard part, not building from $50 or $100).

But that said, it is always slow going at the start. Like i've made $5000 so far this month @ ~$125/hr but that was obviously never a possibility in previous months coz i've improved/moved up stakes, etc.

But yea in the grand scheme of things i suck at poker and have alot to learn so $1000/month is a perfectly reasonable goal even growing a tiny roll if you have some clues/willing to put some time in.

But i do agree with what others have said. Set 2 goals. Your 2nd goal can be $1000/week, but your first goal needs to be in a framework whereby you are looking to simply improve and build your roll, which may take some time. But once you have that framework of money behind and some skills/knowledge, then you can start looking to make some decent money.

B

buddyanton

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the updates, up and down but right now, have the roll to play the 10$ buy-in on ps and ftp. i find it slower during the day than at night and ps easier than ftp, in my opinion. do seem to shoot myself in the foot by playing well, taking shots, taking a bad beat then having to grind my way up. going to get married to the idea of 30 x buy in br to play and not worry about the higher limits till i am there. i have tried the sng and mtt, and really like the cash tables. i know you are putting more at risk and if you play the tourney well the payouts way more the the amount you investing. if you are more pro cash games, would really like to hear your opinion on how you improved. i am reading loads, and posting here loads aswell.

PokerGemmy

PokerGemmy

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's no step by step guide out there. It's not impossible it just depends on how dedicated you are at practicing, researching and fine tuning your game.

FlowJoe

FlowJoe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have poker skills, immediately. If not, well time will tell about your learning skills Q. GL
Peace,
FLOW

martygokona

martygokona

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've gotten to 1000+ from virtually nothing and cashed out considerably more than that on both bodog and Absolute. I just started grinding out on PS from nothing about 2 weeks ago and have it up to almost 400. Virtually all of that came from a $400 cash on a $1 buy in MTT.

I don't play many ring games. Usually 1/3 to 1/2 of the tables that I have going at any one time will be MTT. The rest SnG. Sometimes it takes awhile, but just win one $2 or $3 buy in MTT on PS and you got your first grand.

H

hbkmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i wondering this myself, i'm trying to become the best poker player i can be. and i'm just right trying to get to an even bankroll i've been playing for 2 wks now and i'm down 18 bucks. It is a grind and what i've notice is taking the bad beats. It will help you to become a better poker.
Think on how many have lost a huge amount of their bankroll because they are mad, sleepy, exhausted, or just bad luck??
It is really pacing yourself and playing in your limits and bankroll limits.

Just remember the movie Rounders. He blew his whole bankroll on a full house...johnny chan, phil helmout, chris moneymaker and jesus said they would of not spend their whole bankroll only half. and what happen to the main charatcer he pushed and he lost. Just got out play and then he learns from that and comes back to win 60k.

B

buddyanton

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i hate sng, i play them so bad, when i need to play well or get unlucky but the sun is shining again, won a seat to sunday 200k on ps. wish me good luck, how do i prep for this challenge