How do you evaluate your poker performance?

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, the best indicator is my bankroll. In addition, I keep my own statistics in which I record my wins and losses every week. I just use Excel to keep statistics. In general, in my opinion, everything is very simple, if the bankroll is growing, then your business is going well :)

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Poker players often limit themselves to a one-dimensional assessment of their progress. Good or bad. However, they do not take into account progress as such. They also fail to notice the natural changes that determine their current skill level. They either feel progress and everything is working out for them, or they are in a dead end and desperately trying to get out of it.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would ruminate on my performance a number of hours after a tournament ends for me. Maybe even into the next day. However the last hand in a tournament or so is usually a coin flip. Many times you have the best hand and it simply does not hit.

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I particularly valued how I played certain hands, whether I made the best decisions or not, the result of the tournament itself is something broader in the general context, and the long-term result with the increase in bank roll is solid proof of your performance , but believe that carefully evaluating whether you made the best move, and making the best decisions, is a more detailed analysis of what you are doing right or wrong, resulting in long-term evolution, and consequently becoming a profitable player.

NootNoot

NootNoot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I use Pokertracker to review my hands. It's great. I can look at individual hands that I might want to review, specific problem areas I think I have or that the software might help me uncover, or take deep delve into my whole game if I want.

If I didn't have that I'd probably request hand histories from the site every time I was unsure about the way I'd played something. Or I could request a random batch of 50 every so often and read through them to try and spot my mistakes.

Last edited:
M

Magallaneroy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
Getting better day by day, I don't like to take like the last place on the last tournament to evaluate my performance, I think I'm learning and getting better.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I evaluate my result after the game When I finish the tournament, I look at my hands and the most interesting moments where I won or lost a lot of chips then analyze and watch how I played, and if I finished well in the tournament, I analyze the game and play according to the same theories because it was won

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Due to the number of times I reach the final tables, I consider my game fair to me, but in cash games, most of the time I’m a loser.

O

oskarsbaumanis2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes I do well, but I can't achieve anything serious, etc

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I make my evaluation depending on my level and errors in the tournament. Knowing what I was wrong about helps me to continue to improve and what matters is to seek those results in life.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
The easiest way possible by using a HUD to review my hand histories. As a 20+ winning player all I have to do is keep my game on track, keep tilt and bad habits outta my game. Using just results is a huge mistake.

Cheers!!!

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As long as I limp/call all in at every game, I am sure my game is at a good point.

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The bankroll is a quality indicator, if it has not decreased at the end of the month, it is definitely an average or good indicator.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Usually at the end of a month if I am down on my balance I will stop playing for a while until I get to focus better in my game , because if I am down that means that I am out of focus and I need to regroup :)

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Show me the answer and Ill show you a person that's a winning player at whatever level they play.

Good luck on your poker journey.

martinoni

martinoni

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I evoluated a lot by entering max late in some mystery bounty tournaments only playing top of my range...

It's like 3 months I started doing so and playing from 1 to 22$ buyins, I'm up like 1200$ in this 90 day period

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually evaluate myself by reviewing my play at tables

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I evoluated a lot by entering max late in some mystery bounty tournaments only playing top of my range...

It's like 3 months I started doing so and playing from 1 to 22$ buyins, I'm up like 1200$ in this 90 day period
Yes, you are marked in red, players who play for value, I don't usually see you bluff, how long have you been playing poker?
And consider yourself a professional player based on your winnings?

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Im a regular player but need to get better results.

silentshowdown

silentshowdown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you usually evaluate your poker performance based on your final position in tournaments?

How do you carry out this self-evaluation.

I play cash games, and when I'm done, I hop on Poker Tracker to check out how things went. While going through the session, I also write a blog post about it. Usually, I focus on reviewing the hands where I lost. If I'm unsure about a particular hand, I like to ask for advice from AI buddies like ChatGPT, Bing chat, and Google Bard – you know, just to get different perspectives. It's a bit of a laugh!

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s important here what you do to achieve a high result, how you work on the game, how much time you devote to theory, how many tournaments you play, there are many factors that influence your result, and a single victory can be random, and it’s not a fact that in the long run you play in plus,

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I'm improving my game a lot, I'm still not playing as I want but I'm getting positive results, if I were to number it from 0 to 10 I think I'm at 7 or so