***February Fever Poker Chat***

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Click the image to download.

1) I've had to cut out 2 minutes of the video at the beginning and end due to file size. So please excuse the missing introduction and wrap-up.
2) I'm not a coach. If you see me do stuff, try at your own risk.
3) Should you find a hand that you think I misplayed, please let me know.
4) I recommend watching the video in full screen mode to make the numbers easier to read.
5) I didn't make use of HEM stats very much. But if you want to know, I'll explain them at the end of this post.
6) As an homage to my favorite instructor, I have hidden a few really bad Krantz impressions in the commentary. Spot them and you'll win a Porsche..... NOOOOOT.

Okay, here's a quick explanation of my HUD based on an example:

V| VPIP, PFR B3| 3-bet, Fold to 3-bet
Sq| Squeeze% St| Steal%, Fold BB to Steal
A| Postflop aggression C| C-bet%, Fold to c-bet, Raise c-bet
Bet turn OOP vs. missed C-bet B2| 2-barrel% |Fold to 2-barrel S| Went to showdown

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oooooooohhhh, gonna watch in a mo....Coool!

In other news I likey HU afaik!!!

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oooh looking forward to watching that one Chris..

downloading it now.

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Jay, after looking at Jake's January graph I'm convinced you and I need to do a sweat sometime. :D

Only thing is, can you teach me how to pwn 6-max?

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After four days of grinding the 2nl's I've finally turned my $4 CC f/r winnings into over $10. I'm hoping to have close to thirty by tomorrow.

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Click the image to download.

1) I've had to cut out 2 minutes of the video at the beginning and end due to file size. So please excuse the missing introduction and wrap-up.
2) I'm not a coach. If you see me do stuff, try at your own risk.
3) Should you find a hand that you think I misplayed, please let me know.
4) I recommend watching the video in full screen mode to make the numbers easier to read.
5) I didn't make use of HEM stats very much. But if you want to know, I'll explain them at the end of this post.
6) As an homage to my favorite instructor, I have hidden a few really bad Krantz impressions in the commentary. Spot them and you'll win a Porsche..... NOOOOOT.

Okay, here's a quick explanation of my HUD based on an example:

V| VPIP, PFR B3| 3-bet, Fold to 3-bet
Sq| Squeeze% St| Steal%, Fold BB to Steal
A| Postflop aggression C| C-bet%, Fold to c-bet, Raise c-bet
Bet turn OOP vs. missed C-bet B2| 2-barrel% |Fold to 2-barrel S| Went to showdown

very nice d/ling now. thanks :) I think you might be the only reg on CC i never seen play lol.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Jay, after looking at Jake's January graph I'm convinced you and I need to do a sweat sometime. :D

Only thing is, can you teach me how to pwn 6-max?

Well if you look at my January graph it's clear to see I know feck all about 6max :eek:.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great start to the month, against a 78/8 :(

--------------------
HAND #1
--------------------

party poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

SB: $26.68 (53.4 bb)
BB: $52.60 (105.2 bb)
Hero (UTG+2): $50 (100 bb)
MP1: $11.95 (23.9 bb)
MP2: $50.53 (101.1 bb)
MP3: $50.65 (101.3 bb)
CO: $10 (20 bb)
BTN: $5.01 (10 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is UTG+2 with A
heart.gif
A
club.gif

Hero raises to $2, 2 folds, MP3 calls $2, 4 folds

Flop: ($4.75) 6
club.gif
A
spade.gif
J
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $3, MP3 calls $3

Turn: ($10.75) 6
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, MP3 checks

River: ($10.75) K
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $8, MP3 raises to $19, Hero raises to $45 and is all-in, MP3 calls $26

Results: $100.75 pot ($3 rake)

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no results but wow, i take it he had quads? geez

edit: ****, beaten

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Liam, try HU on PPP. It's amazingly soft, maybe I'm just on a mini heaterz though. There is one reg at 100nl, that folds his BB like 95% of the time... he's an ATM.... and everytime he bets on the flop/turn/river, he has the nuts.

My red line has taken a dramatical change for the better as a result of him :).

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is anyone else having problems with TC's vid. It has d/l but when i play it there's no graphics (black screen) or audio. Am I missing some codecs or something?

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is anyone else having problems with TC's vid. It has d/l but when i play it there's no graphics (black screen) or audio. Am I missing some codecs or something?

Camtasia has to be installed on your pc if you are viewing it Jay, I had the same problem and downloaded camtasia and it was fine

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you might be the only reg on CC i never seen play lol.
Thats because I'm a stealthy ninja rabbit. If you had ever seen me, I would have had to use my Katana on you, and you wouldn't be here to tell about it. :eek:

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do have camtasia, are you watching it camtasia or QUICKTIME?

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Camtasia has to be installed on your pc if you are viewing it Jay, I had the same problem and downloaded camtasia and it was fine
I'm surprised that downloading Camtasia helped. I re-encoded the video to XVid, so that's the codec you need. Audio is MP3 which should be installed on every machine by default.

http://www.xvid.org/Downloads.15.0.html

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just got done watching yr vid wabbit. I liked pretty much everything except 2 hands I disagree with, the QK on table 2 when you bet 175$ on that dry flop and got raised, don't think I would of bet that personally and the 2nd hand, 3rd table with TQ when you shoved the turn A, I would of probably done the same but I think maybe betting half of his stack is better there since he is folding if he has nothing and will only raise us with something, saving us some $, thoughts?

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Liam, try HU on PPP. It's amazingly soft, maybe I'm just on a mini heaterz though. There is one reg at 100nl, that folds his BB like 95% of the time... he's an ATM.... and everytime he bets on the flop/turn/river, he has the nuts.

My red line has taken a dramatical change for the better as a result of him :).

but $1 max rake is super harsh. I would have been inclined to stay on ipoker and play HU if it wasn't for the double rake.

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats because I'm a stealthy ninja rabbit. If you had ever seen me, I would have had to use my Katana on you, and you wouldn't be here to tell about it. :eek:
You sure are a stealthy ninja wabbit.
I'm on my way to getting my balla status back, 2 O8 final tables last night, only 25-30k more to win until I hit 1knl so you better watch out, hahaha jk.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Guys go sign up for the forum team event. We can have sidebet funz. Zach really needs rid of his curse.

Yea he had quads.

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just got done watching yr vid wabbit. I liked pretty much everything except 2 hands I disagree with, the QK on table 2 when you bet 175$ on that dry flop and got raised, don't think I would of bet that personally
Yeah, I think you're right. It probably wasn't too good a board to bet in a 3-way reraise pot.

and the 2nd hand, 3rd table with TQ when you shoved the turn A, I would of probably done the same but I think maybe betting half of his stack is better there since he is folding if he has nothing and will only raise us with something, saving us some $, thoughts?
I just wanted to maximize folding equity. I felt like he might call with medium pairs if I bet half pot. Might be wrong about this though.

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I think you're right. It probably wasn't too good a board to bet in a 3-way reraise pot.

I just wanted to maximize folding equity. I felt like he might call with medium pairs if I bet half pot. Might be wrong about this though.

I'm not sure about the 2nd hand either, I can see myself doing same thing but I'm not sure if it was just result oriented or what, perhaps post it in hand analysis and get some thoughts from peoplez?