Ever Thought About Quitting Poker?

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never play beyond your BRM and the rest will be fine.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi nsinalis11 just wanted to post here again to see how you are doing now. Sometimes it gets real tough, and about all you can do is tighten up your play until you start catching good cards again. I have sit for an hour before I even caught 1 good hand. Hope you are doing well.

J

jsaw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, then I shook my head, asked myself why give up soemthing I enjoy that cost me nothing, It occured in a moment of fuzzy thinking; one I hope does not repeat itself.

M

Mrjamesbond1977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No i will never ever quit poker i love this game too much i am poker player for life.

RaizeR1205

RaizeR1205

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thinking about it right now. Getting the sickest things ever happening to me over, and over again. I don't know if it's worth the extra stress it's causing me.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I play for fun and relaxation and never gamble what I can't afford. Quitting therefore never enters my mind.You need a sense of irony to play poker.This morning on a cardschat freeroll i came back from the dead 3 times after losing strange pots, then finally knocked myself out in frustration.
Then played a 50/fifty smashed a full boat with flopped quad kings and ended up well in front.It is all swings and roundabouts.Playing the freeroll would have cost me another 2 hours to reach the final table and nothing was guaranteed before or after.I made an easy $5 playing the 50/fifty, in short order, by laughing at the previous circumstances and staying with my game plan:D

V

vincentas0

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
my like play poker and i'am never quit poker

V

vincentas0

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
and i fink poker is good game

K

kefir

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every day. Poker has changed me. I am not sure if for good or bad. But I am pretty sure it is irreversible. It gives me a lot but it also takes a lot. I spent definitely to much time with it. It is kind of love-hate relationship.

J

jumanur

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I wanted to quit poker, but poker is not throwing me

M

MAX101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been playing for so long,in all the time that I've played, I never really thought of quitting,but I have gotten so disgusted in my play that I have taken a break for a couple of weeks, just to cool off , but for as long as I've been playing, just seems, I'm still learning the game, so it's hard to just give it up for me

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I win $ 1 million , only then quit poker.. This amount sounds loud...

OneMillionDollars.png

K

Kibic1302

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I wanted to quit playing poker. In my first adventure game I lost about $ 200 which was for me half the money earned in the vacation. Now, I care only about continuous learning, I play micro stakes and I have no loss money:)

jtholdm

jtholdm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QUITTING

I have thought about it BUT BECAUSE i LOVE THE GAME SO MUCH i keep coming back for more. I am learning I think the hardest part is dealing with donkeys bad beats suck outs when that happens i take a lil break and than come back

Farseer

Farseer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been planning a possibilty to quit active poker playing. 2014 has been worst year for me so far, and with one Vegas trip and few other poker tournament trips abroad I'm actually having my first losing yeah (very shallow though so that could change). It has been very frustrating to play MTTs this year as after February I haven't cashed single MTT cash over 1000€ with lots of final 2-table finishes including few Sunday Majors in Ongame.

I don't see that I would totally stop playing online poker ever, though. I've played for about ten years now, and I still occasionally really want to play even for small money.

X

xRedhood

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is an up and down game, if you have nothing considerably invested and play for sport then it is hard to get away from the excitement of it. If you indeed do invest a lot of money and suffer tough loss after tough loss, which can certainly happen, I wouldnt be shocked if people tried to get away, with the US market. I would never leave the game, just play it on a smaller scale maybe (freerolls, occasional small buy in tourneys).

D

Derusss

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes when i have sick series with bad beats.

Staneff

Staneff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No one thinks about quitting poker when is winning lots of money. :p

M

misko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every time when i loose money,i think about quitting poker and start to do some sports.

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I seriously consider it when the variance gets ridiculously bad. The next day I tend to be more in the mood to play again, but just way below the stakes I am bankrolled for.

jtholdm

jtholdm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QUITTING

I thought about it but thats when I take breaks I hate going on tilt and when you have those dream nights where everything hits is unreal the rush you get I will never quit but I will take;) BREAKS

belerophon

belerophon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had given it up quite a few years ago. I had returned to college and the stress of my workload was being 'relieved' by playing too much poker.

I went so far as to ban myself specifically from PS and another site I forget the name of now. It was the right choice for me at that time.

When school was done I fiddled around with sit n go's more to pass the time than anything but things are quieter now. I do love the game and I'm looking to get back into the parts of it that thrill me the most which is the self-improvement aspect of the game.

torllyalex

torllyalex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
quit for 6 months,not working is great