Ever Thought About Quitting Poker?

mapt02h

mapt02h

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought about quitting poker when I had KK on KTT flop and ended up losing to turn and river TT when villain had A3o.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought about quitting poker when I had KK on KTT flop and ended up losing to turn and river TT when villain had A3o.

^^^^^^more reason than any. Sucks bro

A

avjul66

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that almost every poker player at one time or another have that thought crossing his mind mainly when a bad beat shows and a lost eats your bankroll
Happen to me several times but the pleasure of playing overcomes that
I´m not a pro so quit poker only decrease my daily dose of fun

Mordecoke

Mordecoke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it has crossed my mind a couple of times after taking a bad beat or when i'm playing on tilt. However in these situations I usually take a couple of days off (even a week or two) and every time I come back, I am a much better poker player.
My mind is cleared and I am much more focused when I take a break.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did quit playing one time while I was living in Athens Ga. (GO DAWGS) I did not play the first hand for 6 months and during that time, besides watching TV, I started back collecting books and reading everyday. I was about those books like I was about playing poker. I could not wait to get back to it. But now I spend time on my forums, read, and play poker. Now in a few days I will be adding wood working to my things to do. I really love making things you would never see any where else.

Eminescu99

Eminescu99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at one point I had some downswing in poker did not know what to do.a few times I uninstalled poker software and install it back after two days. no one can quit the game forever. I mean who plays long time

dantheman91

dantheman91

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I quit for awhile, and then Black Friday hit. So I've waited until there's hope for PS to make its way back here, and so now I'm back into it. It's a fun hobby, for sure.

deluns28

deluns28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I quit poker 5 years ago. I just came back recently. For me, its because of lack of time and too much risk because I was starting a family then. I came back but will do it as a hobby by joining freerolls. I will never spend money on it. Will concentrate on single table SNG once I got some cash. One reason also is I want to play poker once I got old when my kids are grown up. Might as well play it as a hobby and improve the skill along the way. I want to play at wsop once in my lifetime. Cheers!

B

BlackShade

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I Think About Quitting All The Time, But I Always Come Back!

zEric7x

zEric7x

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes think that I might spend too much time playing some days. I would not quit though. I just need to play less some times.

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Cant say that I wanted to ultimately quit playing poker but i have took a break. Sometimes its needed!

E

ElJenda

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Always when I play bad games. Mostly when I'm close to get some cents from free rolls and I do something stupid.

S

sheffield16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never quit but i have taken a break from online poker, sometimes a week or 2 one times i didnt play for a month. it was needed to clear my head and focus on coming back stronger and motivated.

B

bunetae1986

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. Every time when i play with stupid players when they go all in on stupid card and win.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi nsinalis11 just thought I would post again here to see if things have got better for you. I lost at everything yesterday, and before the $5000 started I told my friend that I was going to play that one and probably go to bed mad as hell. You know what I did? I said I knew I was going to lose, and when one goes into a game like that he/she is going to lose. You know the saying, "if you think you can, you can, but if you think you can't, you sure can't. And that is a very true statement. Hang in there and I know you will if you love poker as much as I do.

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I piddled around with play money for a very short time before Black Friday, I wouldn't even consider that a start so no, I haven't quit and have absolutely no intention to any time soon.

PapaC, if you come into the game with any goal or expectations other than making the right decisions on every hand, in my experience that doesn't help at all. The few times that I've been able to achieve that state of emotional equilibrium where I'm not worried about losing a hand and at the same time not worried about not winning the tournament, I've ended up winning the tournament. You have to just take things one hand at a time and focus on making the right decisions.

D

doarulle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think on this options always when i play online, but i serriously think to quit from poker online because of the bad-beats... i really love to play live, i'm feel very good when i play live and i usually win, i don't count 3 days when i played live and don't win some cash... How do you like play poker? LIVE or online? Btw can someone help me to open a new post? I'm new and i can't find it. Thank you all and i'm glad to join in this comunity! P.S. sorry for my bad english^^

E

edaf_23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i quit for 3 years....reason well it was part of my problem it started to consume me it was taking over my life and mixed with drugs and alcohol it was ruining everything for me but now im back with many years of sobriety i feel i have more of a control of it i dont play as often as i did but i guess you can say i have my priorties straight

blitzenfish

blitzenfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since poker isn't my livelihood and is recreational entertainment for me, never really thought of just cold-turkey quitting.

maik357

maik357

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only usually think about about quitting after I hit trip A´s and someone sucks out in the river with a straight or flush. And they bet all in with rags. Somehow though I always end up playing again. When I suck out on something like that it feels taht much better to be playing.

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quit once then I was asked to joiu a poker class found joy in the game again. The class was a very real challange.

AWW_DIN

AWW_DIN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I quit now and then for brief periods of time if i feel i need to break a losing streak. Just to sit back from it so i can let my blood pressure lower LOL

N

nygmen2007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is so funny, but for me I feel alive most when i am at the felt or playing online, I have never thought about quitting. It is frustrating as hell, but if you are not feeling anything you are not living...

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very much.

Every time, my BR reads 0.00, it always comes into my mind to quit poker.