Do you slowroll online?

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree 100% with dnorris. Slow rolling in a live game is grounds for a fight in my opinion. Online, its worse because its cowardly to do behind a PC screen. Just my opinion, anyway.

No never, or live. No matter how much I hate the person.
If action is on me and essentially over I do what I know I need to do asap.
Poker Karma can be a bitch!

I never do...and there's a special place in hell reserved for the people who do that I think.

I might have done it like maybe once in my life back in the day. Generally though its a really crappy move.

++^^

Too many people do ugly things online they would not do in person. Best try not to be one of them... Yes slowrolling can put someone on tilt for a while so there might be some advantage short term sometimes... but it is nasty... If you think having a table image as a jerk is helpful, maybe rethink things a bit... :cool:

C

Cymro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've done it before online in cases where I feel the opponent is a limping/min-raising time waster, but I'll tank every street if I've hit something in this case.

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have done this for sure so guilty!

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very very rarely, perhaps a handful of times a year.

And only if when somebody has been real nasty to another player in the chatbox, I mean really abusive. I would tank call them if I have the mortal nuts on the river in position. But I mean super rarely. Would never do this to try and get somebody in tilt, its very bad sportsmanship.

Why am I not reporting them to the poker room instead you might ask..........Well, I would not ever report a person for a chat violation, I like players having the facility to chat, it takes part of their focus from their game. Plus keeping an eye on how a given player is talking, gives me a great insight into their current mental state.

S

shawkid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
slow rolling is a bad move. Why would you want to mess with people like that? Its one thing if you are really thinking about it and taking a while, but with aces or kings it should be an insta-call most of the time.

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with aces or kings it should be an insta-call most of the time.

Pre flop, agreed

Post flop, you might want to rethink what you have just written.

tothbopo

tothbopo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To Slowroll means taking more time then you actally need.

It is total meaningsless and not a part of playing the game.

Slow playing is used when you are bluffing opponants to believe you hand is weaker then it is.

Taking ekstra time could be used to let the others think you are having doubts, but 5 - 10 seconds are enough.

Raggamuffin

Raggamuffin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I have the nuts I usually snap call, no need to delay the inevitable :rofl:
I do slow play at times though, like against a very agg. player so they think I'm debating calling with a weak hand & they keep raising me on each street! ;)
Works like a charm most of the time... but sometimes they get lucky and draw out, or they cop on & check the river haha

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm guilty :eek: I'll admit I've pulled a few slowrolls.. typically against players I see berating fish in the chatbox or ones tryin' to tilt other players.

Was playing around on the micro SNAP tables on 888Poker the other day when I had this hand come up....

When they shoved on the river here I just felt this urge to hit the extra timer (it was like I just couldn't help myself) :eek:

Attachments

• sloooowrolll.gif
    sloooowrolll.gif
    77.9 KB · Views: 59
S

somersetlad9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a slowroll or 2 is ok if you want to put sum1 on tilt. generally i wouldn't do it as i think it's wrong but if u have sum1 who u have had previous problems with then i think it's all good

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i try to not slow roll but sometimes i am playing multi tables and it might look that way but i sure wouldnt slow roll on purpose and really dont like it done to me but it can happen so i get over it

geegeebye

geegeebye

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
has anyone ever been rolled by the wa®den or dpottz?

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I'm guilty :eek: I'll admit I've pulled a few slowrolls.. typically against players I see berating fish in the chatbox or ones tryin' to tilt other players.

Was playing around on the micro SNAP tables on 888Poker the other day when I had this hand come up....

When they shoved on the river here I just felt this urge to hit the extra timer (it was like I just couldn't help myself) :eek:

I'm guilty too, this made HOTW in league last week, I was greeting a friend who had just walked in to my house and I was away from my PC, I was up against a good friend who always puts pressure on me in the league games, about 10 mins before this hand he made me fold the winning hand with a bluff, he showed me his hand after I had shown my paired A.

All is good with him about the slow roll.

This visual might explain to those who don't get it what a slow roll is.

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/car...and-week-summer-2014-247848/post-2429084.html

jtholdm

jtholdm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
slow roll

I do not slow roll it will back fire on you more times than if you play the hand for what it is worth I have seen aces kk qq cracked to many times and even if you loose you know the decision was correct

V

V6mitg6rewh6re

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly I'm a believer in slow rolling I have gotten paid huge amounts from it sometimes and I also have gotten sucked out on multiple times buy trapping and letting them get there I do most of my slow rolling after the flop now a days preflop in tourneys if I slow roll I get 50 callers and when you have aces versus multiple people chances are you will lose . Anyways I love the art of slow rolling but it will burn you sometimes

How many of you guys ? Slow roll? Personall for me it depends on my table dynamics if I slow roll or not . I'm not gonna slow roll a tight table I'm gonna try to slow roll the looser players and get them to commit chips pre raise . Then I come over the top three
Or four bet

Last edited by a moderator:
jappchop

jappchop

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love too slow roll players but it could back fire sometimes

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop with AA I don't slowroll. But, after the river with the nuts, I already did that. Some players deserve, but it's a rarity.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly I'm a believer in slow rolling I have gotten paid huge amounts from it sometimes and I also have gotten sucked out on multiple times buy trapping and letting them get there I do most of my slow rolling after the flop now a days preflop in tourneys if I slow roll I get 50 callers and when you have aces versus multiple people chances are you will lose . Anyways I love the art of slow rolling but it will burn you sometimes

Again, you're not talking about slow rolling. Obviously you don't understand the distinction between slow play and slow rolling. It's been defined way too many times in this thread, and it amazes me that so many poker players don't know the difference.